IGNORED

ASR Audio Science Review forum YouTube Channel

asdf1000

4 hours ago, asdf1000 said:

I enjoy discussing various topics with people here too.

It reads more like a patronising lecture and your tone denotes that you’re not exactly having fun... 

"Science draws the wave, poetry fills it with water" Teixeira de Pascoaes

HQPlayer Desktop / Mac mini → Intona 7054 → RME ADI-2 DAC FS (DSD256)

2 minutes ago, DuckToller said:

That's quite sweet and you're welcome.

As your response avoided tackling the most important question, I revive it again using your preferred method of copy/paste:

IMG_20210315_213515.jpg

You forgot to bold the important part, I can't figure out what it is without the bolding ;)

Don't know if you, Chris, and even @Jud(!) among others, realize that you are all trolling @asdf1000 after he explicitly and repeatedly asked that his thread be closed. He even quoted himself saying this, multiple times, in bold :) and addressed it to the moderator/owner. His original post had nothing to do with the discussion that ensued, and the back and forth has gotten progressively less constructive to the point of just being silly and immature. 

@The Computer Audiophile, a point of clarification: do the OPs still have moderator privileges on the threads they start? Or can anyone just make up the rules as they go, as long as they hate ASR? Serious question.

10 minutes ago, pkane2001 said:

You forgot to bold the important part, I can't figure out what it is without the bolding ;)

Don't know if you, Chris, and even @Jud(!) among others, realize that you are all trolling @asdf1000 after he explicitly and repeatedly asked that his thread be closed. He even quoted himself saying this, multiple times, in bold :) and addressed it to the moderator/owner. His original post had nothing to do with the discussion that ensued, and the back and forth has gotten progressively less constructive to the point of just being silly and immature. 

@The Computer Audiophile, a point of clarification: do the OPs still have moderator privileges on the threads they start? Or can anyone just make up the rules as they go, as long as they hate ASR? Serious question.

I don’t take your question seriously because it’s more of a statement than a serious question, even though you use the word serious. 

If an OP is reasonable, I’ve never not given him/her moderation rights to a thread. Based on the hidden agenda here, I don’t think it’s reasonable. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

2 minutes ago, pkane2001 said:

Yeah, you're perhaps right, that's why he may have overlooked it first time. 🙂

For the other part, did you suggest he was forced to his postings being trolled by the others? 

Again, for non native speaker he had the air of enjoying the OP's right of having the last word. Obviously, I could have read that incorrectly.

2 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I don’t take your question seriously because it’s more of a statement than a serious question, even though you use the word serious. 

If an OP is reasonable, I’ve never not given him/her moderation rights to a thread. Based on the hidden agenda here, I don’t think it’s reasonable. 

No, it was a serious question. I perceive hidden agendas in posts by others, not just by @asdf1000. I don't see any hidden agenda in his original post, but maybe I'm blind. My impression was that he didn't like where the discussion was headed and wanted to stop many pages ago, but you and the others continued on, despite OPs wish. The discussion seems to now have devolved into everyone piling on in accusing the other of hidden agendas, and yet you still have not closed the thread. What possible benefit do you expect will come from it? 

15 minutes ago, DuckToller said:

Yeah, you're perhaps right, that's why he may have overlooked it first time. 🙂

For the other part, did you suggest he was forced to his postings being trolled by the others? 

Again, for non native speaker he had the air of enjoying the OP's right of having the last word. Obviously, I could have read that incorrectly.

Maybe you're right. But I judge people by their actions, and not by what I think might be their hidden motives. OP asked this thread to be closed multiple times, but each time was ignored with more people coming in and piling on. I assume he really wanted it closed. Maybe I'm wrong.

I see people starting threads with the intent of having an intelligent, thought provoking discussion. The "if a tree falls in the forest" type discussion.

I see other people starting threads with the intent of simply provoking. The "do you still beat your wife" type discussion.

The latter often goes awry.

Boycott Warner

Boycott Tidal

Boycott Roon

Boycott Lenbrook

25 minutes ago, pkane2001 said:

Maybe you're right. But I judge people by their actions, and not by what I think might be their hidden motives. OP asked this thread to be closed multiple times, but each time was ignored with more people coming in and piling on. I assume he really wanted it closed. Maybe I'm wrong.

Based on his posts in the Vaporware thread the OP here can dish it out but can't take it. I've ignored this poster for the most part.

Just now, pkane2001 said:

I assume when writing a review you’d be comparing it to something else that others might be familiar with, otherwise your review is not very helpful to anyone else.

Does one have to compare an item with another item, for your opinion about how it performs to have meaning? If I read a motoring magazine, does the writer have to keep referring to another brand of a similar style of vehicle, for his comments and impressions to have meaning for me?

1 hour ago, DuckToller said:

Couldn't be more factually incorrect.

I put in writing to PC Audiophile that he could have the last word. Please read.

Then try again to paint a fake motives picture.

Just like PC Audiophile, conveniently ignoring facts.

He clearly thought everything after this on page 7 was beneficial, despite even more requests from me to shut it down.

image.thumb.png.3abdca284e3c61c83b7e61980818f70b.png

5 minutes ago, fas42 said:

Does one have to compare an item with another item, for your opinion about how it performs to have meaning? If I read a motoring magazine, does the writer have to keep referring to another brand of a similar style of vehicle, for his comments and impressions to have meaning for me?

Yes? There has to be a point of reference, Frank, for others to know what you’re describing. You know, like when you compare things to the sound of your laptop speakers? This helps everyone know exactly what you may or may not be hearing ;)