IGNORED

Afterdark Master Clock for Uptone EtherRegen

@AfterDark.

Hi , 

Small questions

My internet connection was lost and I had to reset my etherregen by unplugging it electrically to restore my connection.
My afterdark clock stayed on.

1 - I hope that unplugging the ER does not mean starting again for a new period of burn in of the clock?

2 - I read that if we move the clock while it is still on, it will stabilize after 3 hours. it does not reset the burn in I hope for 35 days?

merci

1 hour ago, MasterWarzombie said:

@AfterDark.

Hi , 

Small questions

My internet connection was lost and I had to reset my etherregen by unplugging it electrically to restore my connection.
My afterdark clock stayed on.

1 - I hope that unplugging the ER does not mean starting again for a new period of burn in of the clock?

2 - I read that if we move the clock while it is still on, it will stabilize after 3 hours. it does not reset the burn in I hope for 35 days?

merci

Hi! MasterWarzombi,

Thanks for your questions.

1 - As soon as the clock is stay powered on, unplug ER does not affect the burn in process at the clock.

2 - Yes, it does not rest the burn in. 

Have a nice day.

Best Regards,

Adrian 

AfterDark. 

Amp: Goldmund 27+ EVO Preamp, Goldmund 29M Power Amp, Goldmund AC-Curator

DAC: CH Precision C1.1 Digital Convertor,  Studer D19 DAC, Wadia 2000 DAC

Digital: Mutec MC3-USB,  AfterDark. Giesemann OCXO 10M Master Clock Giesemann EVA 

Playback: Goldmund PH3 Phono Amp, Linn LP12, Studer A807 VU MKII Open Reel

Network Switch:  AFTERDARK. PROJECT CLAYX BUFFALO BS-GS2016 CASCADE X GIESEMANN OCXO BLACK MODERNIZE EDITION x Farad Super3 LPS

Dealer: UpTone Audio, Gustard, Farad Power Supply, Cybershaft, Thixar, DELA

1 minute ago, AfterDark. said:

Hi! MasterWarzombi,

1 - As soon as the clock is stay powered on, unplug ER does not affect the burn in process at the clock.

Have a nice day.

Best Regards,

Adrian 

AfterDark. 

Hi Adrian,

we you shortly disconnect (10 min) the clock from power for installing a new bnc cable for instance what happens than?

Ethernet::4x Bonn Silent Angel 8P, Afterdark Emperor Doublr  Crown Masterclock and Cybershaft 75 Ohm,Mini Circuits convertor,Uptone EtherRegen with 75Ohm. SOTM Cat CAT 7.

Audio: Auralic Vega G2.1, Cambridge Edge W, Kef Reference 3 speakers.  
Power: Farad super 3 (2x) , Keces P8 ( 2 Uptone LPS1.2 ) Afterdark 5V: 

Cables:Meicord Opal, SOTM Cat7 with filtering, Ghent Audio DC , Farad Level 2, Sharkwire speaker cable

2 minutes ago, AfterDark. said:

Hi! MasterWarzombi,

Have a nice day.

Best Regards,

Adrian 

AfterDark. 

What happens when there is a power outage? How does it effect the turn on sequence?

I understood that for the Etherregen to sync to the clock you need to first power on the clock and only then power on the Etherregen. 
when everything turns on together after a power outage will the ER be able to sync ok with the clock?

9 minutes ago, GMG said:

What happens when there is a power outage? How does it effect the turn on sequence?

I understood that for the Etherregen to sync to the clock you need to first power on the clock and only then power on the Etherregen. 
when everything turns on together after a power outage will the ER be able to sync ok with the clock?

Hi GMG,

Thanks for your question. 

The Giesemann Clock is ready to sync within 1-2 seconds. Therefore, when this is power outage, the turn on sequence will be unchanged. The EtherREGEN requires some boot up time, so they will back to normal when you power them at the same time. 

However, burn in will required to start again after any power down. 

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

Digital: Mutec MC3-USB,  AfterDark. Giesemann OCXO 10M Master Clock Giesemann EVA 

Network Switch:  AFTERDARK. PROJECT CLAYX BUFFALO BS-GS2016 CASCADE X GIESEMANN OCXO BLACK MODERNIZE EDITION x Farad Super3 LPS

15 minutes ago, ambre said:

Hi Adrian,

we you shortly disconnect (10 min) the clock from power for installing a new bnc cable for instance what happens than?

Hi! Ambre, 

Any power down, will required to burn in from the start agains. 

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

34 minutes ago, AfterDark. said:

Hi! Ambre, 

Any power down, will required to burn in from the start agains. 

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

What than the difference that you have to burn for the whole period?

Looking at the manual for the Mutec Ref or SE:

Prior to enjoying an in-depth listening session we recom- mend pre-heating the REF10, respectively REF10 SE120 for about 20-30 minutes While the heater generally reaches its operating temperature in about one minute, the entire oscillator section takes longer to fully warm up To ensure optimal performance and highest frequency stability, you should grant your REF10, respectively REF10 SE120 this additional warm-up time.

And:

that for best sound perfor- mance of the connected devices it is useful to let the REF10, respectively REF10 SE120 burn-in for at least 14 days Thus, we recommend to leave the unit switched on for that period of time.

what is the technical resp logical explanation that after a short power down you have do the whole proces again ?

After initial burn-in the Mutec in ready in say 30 minutes?

Ethernet::4x Bonn Silent Angel 8P, Afterdark Emperor Doublr  Crown Masterclock and Cybershaft 75 Ohm,Mini Circuits convertor,Uptone EtherRegen with 75Ohm. SOTM Cat CAT 7.

Audio: Auralic Vega G2.1, Cambridge Edge W, Kef Reference 3 speakers.  
Power: Farad super 3 (2x) , Keces P8 ( 2 Uptone LPS1.2 ) Afterdark 5V: 

Cables:Meicord Opal, SOTM Cat7 with filtering, Ghent Audio DC , Farad Level 2, Sharkwire speaker cable

Personally I just think terminology is being used incorrectly.  Burn in is permanent change caused by operation of equipment whereas warm up is temporary. To me it just means 30 Days warm up is required for its very best performance. If you think of it this way then everything said makes a whole lot more sense. 

Of course it's new gear so burn in will also take place.  I expect the result of burn in to be permanent yet in this case warm up plays a larger part of overall performance.

Just my thoughts anyway. Irrespective of terminology what @AfterDark has sasaid will be true. It takes quite some time to sound its best. :)

5 hours ago, AfterDark. said:

5 hours ago, AfterDark. said:

15 minutes ago, MasterWarzombie said:

not rest or reset ?

I think it’s quite obvious this is a typo. You ask reset, he means to replies reset. (Not rest). 

30 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

I think it’s quite obvious this is a typo. You ask reset, he means to replies reset. (Not rest). 

Sorry for the typo. should be reset. 

Just now, R1200CL said:

Square wave ?

Hi! R1200CL,

This Emperor Double Crown 75ohm is Sine Wave. We just add the new option : Giesemann Emperor Crown in 75ohm

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

19 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

@AfterDark.

Is dual isolated output maybe an option soon as well ?

Or is that more tricky to achieve ?

Dear R1200CL, 

For dual isolation, it is better to purchase two Giesemann Clock, power with dual linear power supply independently. This approach will be the best isolation for performance. 

For 10M Master Clock distributor, we recommended this model which is made from Cybershaft, they are excellent choice too. We are selling them for customer who has excellent Giesemann Clock 50ohm version and there is independent switch for 50/75ohm too. 

***This only works for Giesemann Clock in 50ohm version only***

dst-r02-600.jpeg.f7606f60d3db9540d65b66898f934275.jpeg

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

13 minutes ago, AfterDark. said:

We are selling them for customer who has excellent Giesemann Clock 50ohm version and there is independent switch for 50/75ohm too. 

If I remember correctly, Cybershaft didn’t have any impressive phase noise numbers. Have you measured this one ? Or what’s the official numbers ?

2 hours ago, MasterWarzombie said:

@AfterDark.

It is a shame not to have proposed before this Emperor double Crown Square Wave 75 ohm solution instead of having been limited only to Queen Square Wave because I will certainly have taken the Emperor version but it is very late. it will take me to go too fast!

Ha, I didn't find the discount code till after I ordered and paid. My own fault though.

12 minutes ago, AfterDark. said:

Hi! Mjw21a,

We can give you cash coupon for the differences.

Thanks and have a nice day.

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark.

Only if it's ok with you thanks Adrian. It's my own fault after all.

I'm just really looking forward to receiving my clock. It's still waiting for a flight though if I'm lucky maybe next week. :)

Cheers 

Matt