IGNORED

Afterdark Master Clock for Uptone EtherRegen

On 2/15/2021 at 4:53 AM, GMG said:

Have a question about stability

We all know that the clocks are sensitive to vibration and to temperature changes. OCXO should be stable in varying temp by design, so if the environment temp changes around the clock it should not have a significant effect. To achieve this the clock has to be able to warm up for a couple of hours and therefore it is recommended to be left powered all the time.

What about the effect of vibrations? How long does it take the clock to stabilize after a "vibration"? let's say you move the clock while still powered on, how long before it is stabilized again?

Hi! GMG,

Thanks for your question. The OCXO is design to work with powers on all the time, the Giesemann clock will reach its performance around 3 hours, up to 7days and 35days to reach its max performance. The waiting is all rewarding and worth it. The sounding will be more laid back and silky smooth after runs in. 

For moving the clock or unplug the BNC clock cable from the devices , we recommended to switch the power off first. It is for safety reason for audiophile devices. So, it is suggested to connect every clock cables to all devices, before power on the Giesemann Clock. The Giesemann Clock will be operated in 1 second. However, the burn-in time will be re-start agains. 

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

Amp: Goldmund 27+ EVO Preamp, Goldmund 29M Power Amp, Goldmund AC-Curator

DAC: CH Precision C1.1 Digital Convertor,  Studer D19 DAC, Wadia 2000 DAC

Digital: Mutec MC3-USB,  AfterDark. Giesemann OCXO 10M Master Clock Giesemann EVA 

Playback: Goldmund PH3 Phono Amp, Linn LP12, Studer A807 VU MKII Open Reel

Network Switch:  AFTERDARK. PROJECT CLAYX BUFFALO BS-GS2016 CASCADE X GIESEMANN OCXO BLACK MODERNIZE EDITION x Farad Super3 LPS

Dealer: UpTone Audio, Gustard, Farad Power Supply, Cybershaft, Thixar, DELA

1 hour ago, AfterDark. said:

Hi! GMG,

Thanks for your question. The OCXO is design to work with powers on all the time, the Giesemann clock will reach its performance around 3 hours, up to 7days and 35days to reach its max performance. The waiting is all rewarding and worth it. The sounding will be more laid back and silky smooth after runs in. 

For moving the clock or unplug the BNC clock cable from the devices , we recommended to switch the power off first. It is for safety reason for audiophile devices. So, it is suggested to connect every clock cables to all devices, before power on the Giesemann Clock. The Giesemann Clock will be operated in 1 second. However, the burn-in time will be re-start agains. 

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

Thanks Adrian,

I was just referring to small movement of the clock. Like maybe for removing dust, or just moving 1-2cm on the shelf to make room for other equipment. Or even movement/vibration due to kids jumping around near the system...

In these situations the power is not unplugged,

How long would it take for the clock to get stable again. hopefully not weeks :-)

35days sound really long for stabilization. Can you roughly quantify the difference in performance? 

for example:

3 hours - 90%

7day - 99.9%

14 days - 99.99%

35days - 99.9999%

16 hours ago, GMG said:

Thanks Adrian,

I was just referring to small movement of the clock. Like maybe for removing dust, or just moving 1-2cm on the shelf to make room for other equipment. Or even movement/vibration due to kids jumping around near the system...

In these situations the power is not unplugged,

How long would it take for the clock to get stable again. hopefully not weeks :-)

35days sound really long for stabilization. Can you roughly quantify the difference in performance? 

for example:

3 hours - 90%

7day - 99.9%

14 days - 99.99%

35days - 99.9999%

Hi! GMG,

Thanks for your question. For the small vibration as above, the Giesemann Clock will stable around 3 hours without restart the power again. 

For 35days, the Giesemann Clock will be in optimal status as below trends:

• 3 hours - 85%  (already outperform, better focus, wider soundstage, and remove all digital hardness when compared to other TCXO, FEMTO, other OCXO) 
  • 1 days - 90%    (1 day burn in, keep improving, the Giesemann clock will surprised customer with lush mid-high, airy sounding )  
  • 7 days - 95%.   (Customer will expected to very enjoyable and cannot live without the Giesemann Clock, improving is huge!!!) 
  • 14 days - 98%  (The improvement is keep on day after day, customer will be very happy and looking for upgrade of Giesemann)
  • 35 days - 99.99% (The final stage burn in, the optimised stage, customer will be very impressive, will introduce other audiophile) 

P.S. Only high quality Giesemann Clock will undergoes with above experiences, improve day by day until 35 days. So, other low quality OCXO may not have this burn-in experience due to limitation or unstable of Phase Noise, large variance on Allan Derivation. 

We have one user using Giesemann Emperor Double Crown connect to Singxer SU-2 DDC, he experience the same feelings: 

657367108_Screenshot2021-02-17at10_58_00AM.png.9af8640c12f870322bfc74dc9da0d035.png

The overall listening pressure will be rewarded after the Giesemann Clock is burn-in. The differences is more obvious and the sounding will become smoother, and music become more organic and laid back.  

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

Digital: Mutec MC3-USB,  AfterDark. Giesemann OCXO 10M Master Clock Giesemann EVA 

Network Switch:  AFTERDARK. PROJECT CLAYX BUFFALO BS-GS2016 CASCADE X GIESEMANN OCXO BLACK MODERNIZE EDITION x Farad Super3 LPS

On 2/16/2021 at 7:41 PM, GMG said:

Thanks Adrian. 
very informative 

P.S my stabilization example numbers where better 🙂

We shall record some YouTube for difference on 1 day, 7days, 14days and 35days. This will be really interesting comparison. 

Reference testing system: 

Giesemann OCXO Clock connected to Mutec MC3-USB --> DAC 

184676270_Screenshot2021-02-18at8_17_49PM.png.a31dc133f43a8c9f83d6c190fa7a81e5.png

The Giesemann Clock - Emperor Giesemann EVA , newly build on 16-Feb-21. The record is after 1 day of "Burn In" 

• 2 weeks later...

Well,  I'm certainly looking forward to receiving my new Afterdark OCXO clock.  Ot will be my first experience with using an external Master Clock. It'll be used with a Mutec MC-3+USB feeding my Abbas Esoteric Audio DAC2.2SE TDA1541A R1. Even though I'm delighted with what I'm already getting,  I'm curious to see what an external master clock will do. :)

On 2/9/2021 at 7:23 AM, AfterDark. said:

Every Giesemann OCXO installed, uses a selected OCXO unit that has been calibrated for several months. In order to make the best choice of OCXO.

Is it possible to explain this calibration process ?

There is so much I don’t know about OCXO. 

Is your design a generic one, only changing the clock itself ?

Do you see a possible upgrade program, where we in field can switch out parts inside in order to upgrade to a better clock ?

7 hours ago, R1200CL said:

Is it possible to explain this calibration process ?

There is so much I don’t know about OCXO. 

Is your design a generic one, only changing the clock itself ?

Do you see a possible upgrade program, where we in field can switch out parts inside in order to upgrade to a better clock ?

The way it has read to me is that it's the same clock throughout the range,  and how well they measure determines their grade. Prince, Queen, King, Emperor etc. The same approach Cybershaft uses, and the same process as Intel and AMD use with their CPU range. As for exactly how it's calibrated, I can't see then sharing trade secrets. It wouldn't be a smart move.

39 minutes ago, Mjw21a said:

The way it has read to me is that it's the same clock throughout the range,  and how well they measure determines their grade. Prince, Queen, King, Emperor etc. The same approach Cybershaft uses, and the same process as Intel and AMD use with their CPU range. As for exactly how it's calibrated, I can't see then sharing trade secrets. It wouldn't be a smart move.

It can’t be the same clock. It doesn’t make sense. 

I can’t understand how a calibration should be a trade secret. Please explain. 

10 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

It can’t be the same clock. It doesn’t make sense. 

I can’t understand how a calibration should be a trade secret. Please explain. 

I don't see why information would be shared which would help others in creation of their own product in any way. Just good business sense. Anyway,  this'll be my first post regarding this.  Don't want to argue about such things.

I was trying to buy a lesser clock but saw this. I only will use with my EtherRegen and own nothing else that can accept a clock. I was thinking of getting the Prince. Any advice deeply appreciated! 

My DAC has a direct Ethernet into it. I was thinking of getting the Prince because I don’t use this for my DAC or a Mutec USB and will use just for my EtherRegen. Will this prince be good enough or do I need get a better version like queen or better. I am a total clock newbie? Does this come with BNC cable? Any advice before I make a purchase will really be appreciated from anyone? 
Thanks 

Also, I was going to power with my Uptone Audio JS-2 and I also own a Apoge Wyde eye BNC cable. Is this LPS and this cable ok to use with Prince? 

Thanks so much for the help! 

Ypsilon Phaethon Integrated Amplifier w/6H30DR NOS Tubes / SR Orange Fuses > Bricasti Design M1SE MDx DAC w/Network Card / Roon Endpoint > Focal Sopra 2 Loudspeakers >   Antipodes S40 (v5.2H Board / K30 Engine) Audio Server + Antipodes S60 HSL50 Hybrid Linear Power Supply (2-Rails) w/AfterDark Silver Reference Black River Series DC Cables Uptone Audio EtherRegen Network Switch / Re-clocker > AfterDark Emperor Double Crown 10MHz Master Clock Sin wave 75ohm w/Mini Circuits BLP10.7+ BNC Filter > AfterDark Black River Carbon Fiber 75ohm BNC Master Clock Cable  > AfterDark Modernize LPS x2 12V (2-Rails) > Wyred 4 Sound PS-1 LPS (4) Rails  > Solid Tech ROS Reference Model 4 Audio Rack System  > SRA Ohio Class XLIsolation Platform Synergistic Research Tranquility Basik Isolation Platform Active w/MIG 2.0 Footers and Silver Tuning Bullet  > Solid Tech Small TT Isolation Platform (3-Shleves) Tara Labe: The One Power Cord 2.0M (5-Cables> Audience AU24se HP 1.0M AC Power Cable  > Nordost Frey 2 Speaker Cables 4.0M Spades > Nordost Frey 2 XLR Interconnects 1.0M > High Fidelity Cables Reveal XLR Interconnects 5.0MAudioquest Vodka and Cardas Clear Ethernet RJ/E Cables  > Synergistic Research Atmosphere Acoustic Field Generator Tower Mini w/ATM Red Tuning Module  > (15Synergistic Research HFT’s (6PS Audio Noise Harvesters;
 DESKTOP 2nd SystemDali Menuet Loudspeakers (Gloss Black) > Rega Brio Integrated Amplifier (2021)Denafrips Aries II R2R DAC > Singxer SU-2 USB Digital Interface > Antipodes S40/S60 Audio Server / Roon Core (Networked from Main system) >Apple iMac Retina 5k 27-Inch (2021) Roon Remote / USB AudioKanto S6 Desktop Speaker Stands > Cardas Neutral Reference Speaker Cables 1.0M  Spades > Darwin Ascension Plus Silver Interconnects RCA 0.3M > Tara Labs The One AC Power Cord (2) > Zu Event MKI AC Power Cable 1.0M > Cardas Clear USB Cable 1.0M > Curious Cables USB Regen LinkBlack Cat Silver Star BNC S/PDIF Cable 1.0M > Synergistic Research Tesla QLS-6 Power Strip 

~ Fsmithjack            
 My Website  https://ctronicmusic.com/ 

Ypsilon  Bricasti  / Focal  Uptone Nordost / AfterDark / Solid Tech  

46AC9095-7EB4-4698-82FE-FC5E9E837893.png

8 hours ago, AfterDark. said:

Hi! Fsmithjack,

Thanks for your interested in Giesemann Clock. We have a Queen - Square Wave 75ohm version which is design to optimise the EtherREGEN. The audiophilestyle.com edition will come with one BNC cable and your own Apoge Wyde eye BNC will work just fine too. The UpTone JS-2 is good to power Giesemann clock in 12V, so it is plug and play for you after purchase of new Giesemann Clock. 

The link for Giesemann Clock x audiophilestyle.com edition:

https://www.adark.co/products/afterdark-project-clayx-giesemann-ocxo-10mhz-reference-master-clock-audiophilestyle-edition

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

Adrian,

Can you please help me? I did not know this edition existed and before you responded I went ahead and I just purchased a regular Queen version last night before you responded. Can you modify my order so I get this edition please? I am new to all the clock stuff but I want to make sure I get the Audiophilestyle.com edition? Please let me make if you need any additional info from me? 

My order number is: 5672

Ypsilon Phaethon Integrated Amplifier w/6H30DR NOS Tubes / SR Orange Fuses > Bricasti Design M1SE MDx DAC w/Network Card / Roon Endpoint > Focal Sopra 2 Loudspeakers >   Antipodes S40 (v5.2H Board / K30 Engine) Audio Server + Antipodes S60 HSL50 Hybrid Linear Power Supply (2-Rails) w/AfterDark Silver Reference Black River Series DC Cables Uptone Audio EtherRegen Network Switch / Re-clocker > AfterDark Emperor Double Crown 10MHz Master Clock Sin wave 75ohm w/Mini Circuits BLP10.7+ BNC Filter > AfterDark Black River Carbon Fiber 75ohm BNC Master Clock Cable  > AfterDark Modernize LPS x2 12V (2-Rails) > Wyred 4 Sound PS-1 LPS (4) Rails  > Solid Tech ROS Reference Model 4 Audio Rack System  > SRA Ohio Class XLIsolation Platform Synergistic Research Tranquility Basik Isolation Platform Active w/MIG 2.0 Footers and Silver Tuning Bullet  > Solid Tech Small TT Isolation Platform (3-Shleves) Tara Labe: The One Power Cord 2.0M (5-Cables> Audience AU24se HP 1.0M AC Power Cable  > Nordost Frey 2 Speaker Cables 4.0M Spades > Nordost Frey 2 XLR Interconnects 1.0M > High Fidelity Cables Reveal XLR Interconnects 5.0MAudioquest Vodka and Cardas Clear Ethernet RJ/E Cables  > Synergistic Research Atmosphere Acoustic Field Generator Tower Mini w/ATM Red Tuning Module  > (15Synergistic Research HFT’s (6PS Audio Noise Harvesters;
 DESKTOP 2nd SystemDali Menuet Loudspeakers (Gloss Black) > Rega Brio Integrated Amplifier (2021)Denafrips Aries II R2R DAC > Singxer SU-2 USB Digital Interface > Antipodes S40/S60 Audio Server / Roon Core (Networked from Main system) >Apple iMac Retina 5k 27-Inch (2021) Roon Remote / USB AudioKanto S6 Desktop Speaker Stands > Cardas Neutral Reference Speaker Cables 1.0M  Spades > Darwin Ascension Plus Silver Interconnects RCA 0.3M > Tara Labs The One AC Power Cord (2) > Zu Event MKI AC Power Cable 1.0M > Cardas Clear USB Cable 1.0M > Curious Cables USB Regen LinkBlack Cat Silver Star BNC S/PDIF Cable 1.0M > Synergistic Research Tesla QLS-6 Power Strip 

~ Fsmithjack            

2 minutes ago, fsmithjack said:

Adrian,

Can you please help me? I did not know this edition existed and before you responded I went ahead and I just purchased a regular Queen version last night before you responded. Can you modify my order so I get this edition please? I am new to all the clock stuff but I want to make sure I get the Audiophilestyle.com edition? Please let me make if you need any additional info from me? 

My order number is: 5672

Hi! Fsmithjack,

Sure, the order was modified to Model: Queen - Square Wave EtherREGEN edition (Audiophilestyle.com edition comes with BNC cable) 

Thanks and have a nice weekend. 

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

1 minute ago, AfterDark. said:

Hi! Fsmithjack,

Sure, the order was modified to Model: Queen - Square Wave EtherREGEN edition (Audiophilestyle.com edition comes with BNC cable) 

Thanks and have a nice weekend. 

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

Thanks so much! I’m psyched to try this clock. I will be surprised if I lot and am looking to upgrade to the next version up or further soon! 

~ Fsmithjack            

Has anyone else ordered the  After Dark Queen - Square Wave EtherREGEN edition and used with their EtherRegen? Curious what other members think of it?

Thanks   

~ Fsmithjack            

37 minutes ago, fsmithjack said:

my queen Square order should arrive in France tomorrow in its 75 ohm version.
I hope not to be disappointed with this "lower version" because I would have taken a better "version" but I did not want to use the adapter to match from 50 ohm to 75 ohm.
I therefore regret having chosen an Etherregen in 75 ohm but I did not think about the clock and its impact during this purchase.

to be continued

1 hour ago, fsmithjack said:

Has anyone else ordered the  After Dark Queen - Square Wave EtherREGEN edition and used with their EtherRegen? Curious what other members think of it?

Thanks   

I have also one of these  Queen square Wave AS edition in transit right now. It has just left HK. 

I have now the other inexpensive clock and it will be interesting to hear if there is a difference ( there must be😉) Have you ordered a powersupply as well or what will you use? I have a Sean jacobs DC-2 that will be doing its job.

Vinnie Rossi LIO integrated amp with DAC, Sotm SMS-200 ultra/TX USB ultra, powered by an Uptone LPS-1 Audiostore Roonserver powered by a  HD plex PS. ASUS router AC 68 powered by a Teddy pardo PS, 

Speakers are standmounts Klångedang T1 with external crossover , Rega Planar 3 Lejonklou Slipsik phonostage

3 hours ago, magnuska said:

I have also one of these  Queen square Wave AS edition in transit right now. It has just left HK. 

I have now the other inexpensive clock and it will be interesting to hear if there is a difference ( there must be😉) Have you ordered a powersupply as well or what will you use? I have a Sean jacobs DC-2 that will be doing its job.

I want to use my Uptone JS-2 to power it but folks say if I power both it and my sonicTransport I5 then I need to plug use etherRegen backwards because it will mess up the ground on the etherRegen. I guess I will use my Wyred 4 Sound PS1. It has 4 rails so hoping this works ok for it. You guys need to or ever use backwards because of a dual rail LPS? 

~ Fsmithjack            

7 hours ago, fsmithjack said:

I want to use my Uptone JS-2 to power it but folks say if I power both it and my sonicTransport I5 then I need to plug use etherRegen backwards because it will mess up the ground on the etherRegen. I guess I will use my Wyred 4 Sound PS1. It has 4 rails so hoping this works ok for it. You guys need to or ever use backwards because of a dual rail LPS? 

I don't understand your connection: "to plug use etherregen backwards"? what does that mean?
For my part, I will connect my Clock and my ER on my JS2 both in 12 Volts.
Is there another recommendation?