IGNORED

Master Clock for your EtherREGEN

2 hours ago, GMG said:

I'm learning a lot about cables from this thread,

I am wondering why none of the known audiophile cable brands have made their way into the discussion?

Are the audio 75Ohm BNC SPDIF cables not suitable for this application?

I don't know if you think that the Chord Epic Digital BNC cable for $590 is audiophile cable. I use that one with a very good result. I have also tried the Pink Faun Digital interlink BNC for $800. But I thought the price could not be justified over the Chord Epic Digital.

58 minutes ago, sgb said:

I don't know if you think that the Chord Epic Digital BNC cable for $590 is audiophile cable. I use that one with a very good result.

Did your cable take a long time to settle in?  I was surprised by how long mine took (Evidence Audio - The Melody clock cable), but very satisfied at the end of the process.  

Grimm Audio MU1 > Mola Mola Tambaqui > Mola Mola Kaluga > B&W 803 D3    

Cables:  Kubala-Sosna    Power management:  Shunyata    Room:  Vicoustics  

“Nature is pleased with simplicity.”  Isaac Newton

"As neither the enjoyment nor the capacity of producing musical notes are faculties of the least use to man...they must be ranked among the most mysterious with which he is endowed."  Charles Darwin - The Descent of Man

1 hour ago, jean-michel6 said:

A big thank’s to @MartinTfor bringing this master clock for the etherregen.

I order mine 2 weeks ago and it arrived yesterday, I also received the canare LV77s digital cable .

It has inside the FE-180 clock :-)

I did try it this afternoon on my system and I am really happy with the nice sound quality improvement that it does bring : better image , tighter bass , and more natural voices .

I have some questions :

- is it necessary to power all the time the master clock ? When you power it , how long to have it stable ?

- Clock cable is obviously critical to get the most out this nice cheap master clock , for those of you who have tried more expensive clock cable than the canare , how do you will rate the sound quality improvement brought by a better clock cable ? 
Thank’s 

Keep the clock powered on if you can.

To stabilize, I think the general number was a day or so, since these clocks are generally already used quite a bit. Maybe less.

I got the Geistnote Melody cable and it required some break in, and was initially outshined by the Ghent bnc cable. The tables have turned and the Geistnote is now noticably better.

Cheers

3 hours ago, jean-michel6 said:

A big thank’s to @MartinTfor bringing this master clock for the etherregen.

I order mine 2 weeks ago and it arrived yesterday, I also received the canare LV77s digital cable .

It has inside the FE-180 clock :-)

I did try it this afternoon on my system and I am really happy with the nice sound quality improvement that it does bring : better image , tighter bass , and more natural voices .

I have some questions :

- is it necessary to power all the time the master clock ? When you power it , how long to have it stable ?

- Clock cable is obviously critical to get the most out this nice cheap master clock , for those of you who have tried more expensive clock cable than the canare , how do you will rate the sound quality improvement brought by a better clock cable ? 
Thank’s 

I have my clock always powered on. 

Regarding the cables i first used a Canare LV77s digital cable before I switch to the Chord Epic Digital BNC cable.  I use that one with a very good result which in my system is  a big uplift in sound. 

Thank’s @Exocer  @sgb I will maintain my clock on all the time .

In fact on first listening I felt it was quite better after 2 hours .

I have read that for the Mutec they recommend power all the time , it is also better for the life of the clock.

As far as clock cable I am trying to find the most cost effective clock cable , not easy as there is so much choice . I will probably try first the geistnot.

PCserver Supermicro X11SAA under Daphile  ,Jcat pcie net card ,Etherregen,e-red dock endpoint,powered by LPS 1.2 , SPS 500 , Sean Jacobs level 3 psu,  DAC Audiomat Maestro 3, Nagra Classic Amp , Hattor passive preamplifier , Martin Logan montis

My Etherregen Chinese clock system stops playing after about an hour. This causes me to hard restart the Clock, the EtherREGEN, and sometimes also my Aries G2 streamer. 

Is there any adjustment that needs to be made internally or external? I’ve tried all three taps. The stoppage occurs with all of them. For some reason after a total reboot the system sounds much better. But I think the.          sound quality slowly decays until the Stoppage. 

The Clocks led remains green and the Lps 1.2 seems to be stable. 

The EtherREGEN is powered by the JS2 and fan cooled.

Perhaps the clock is defective? 
Anyone else having issues?

It does sound considerably better than the EtherREGEN clock. 

The EtherREGEN plays without stoppage when its internal clock is used. 

SteVe's V's

Speakers- Legacy Audio Vs & 2 Legacy LF Extreme Subwoofers, Amplifiers- 2 Coda 15.5 Amplifiers Biamped, Preamp- TRL Dude, DAC- Lampizator Golden Gate Legacy Audio WaveletPC Software-ROON, HQplayer, jPlay, Fidelizer, AudiophileOptimizer 2.10, jRiver, WSY2K12V2 Roon Server PC- , HqPlayer PC- Turntable- SOTA Sapphire, Sumiko FT3 Arm, Audioquest Cartridge, CODA Phono stage, Accessories- HAL Footers, PS Audio Powerbases, Aurios, HiFi Tuning Supreme Fuses, Power- PurePower+ 2000 & 3000, PS Audio: Powerbases, LAN Rover, Noise Harvester, Quintet, Ultimate Outlets HC, Welborne Labs & HdPlex LPSUs,

Cables- Clarus Crimson USB, Lampizator Silver Ghost USB, Clarus Crimson PC, Western Electric 10 gauge DIY Speaker Cables and Best-Tronics Belden 8402 Balanced Interconnects Equipment Racks- SolidSteel

4 hours ago, sgr said:

My Etherregen Chinese clock system stops playing after about an hour. This causes me to hard restart the Clock, the EtherREGEN, and sometimes also my Aries G2 streamer. 

Is there any adjustment that needs to be made internally or external? I’ve tried all three taps. The stoppage occurs with all of them. For some reason after a total reboot the system sounds much better. But I think the.          sound quality slowly decays until the Stoppage. 

The Clocks led remains green and the Lps 1.2 seems to be stable. 

The EtherREGEN is powered by the JS2 and fan cooled.

Perhaps the clock is defective? 
Anyone else having issues?

It does sound considerably better than the EtherREGEN clock. 

Are you powering the Etherregen with 12v? If so maybe you could try to power the clock with the js2 and ER with the lps1.2. I don’t know but maybe needs a more powerful power supply.

Meitner ma1 v2 dac,  Sovereign preamp and power amp,

DIY speakers, scan speak illuminator.

Raal Requisite VM-1a -> SR-1a with Accurate Sound convolution.

Under development:

NUC7i7dnbe, Euphony Stylus, Qobuz.

Modded Buffalo-fiber-EtherRegen, DC3- Isoregen, Lush^2

6 hours ago, sgr said:

Try another clock cable.  We have seen this before--and with MUCH more expensive clocks.

Even the most brief interruption (3-5 µSeconds) of the clock to the EtherREGEN will cause a problem and require repowering of the switch (actually, if the interruption is not long, the 'A' side will recover but not the 'B' side). 

Hi,

Just received my unit.

Still trying to figure out how to power it.

Based on what I read here, it seems we should feed it with 12.5V - Is this still the case?

Is there a ready made LPS you can recommend that would fit the bill?

Keces does 12V, not 12.5V.... Many thanks

Mac Mini Late 2014 (16G/SSD) w Uptone JS-2 w OWC Thunderbay 4 Mini RAID (JS-2) / Roon

Aqua LinQ w EtherCon cable (Ghent) w Uptone EtherRegen w Uptone JS-2

Aqua Formula xHD w Ocellia RCA Interconnect & Shunyata Delta NR

Kora TB 200 Integrated Amplifier w Audio Art Power Cable

Magico V2 w Ocellia speaker cables w Shunyata Dark Field Elevator & JL Audio E-Sub e110 X 2

All equipment, including subwoofer on Modulum platforms (modulumaudio.com)

Was willing to try that, but mine came with a European plug.... So no luck.

Mac Mini Late 2014 (16G/SSD) w Uptone JS-2 w OWC Thunderbay 4 Mini RAID (JS-2) / Roon

Magico V2 w Ocellia speaker cables w Shunyata Dark Field Elevator & JL Audio E-Sub e110 X 2

9 hours ago, jacques_racine said:

Is there a ready made LPS you can recommend that would fit the bill?

I (and others) power the BG7TBL clock with an UltraCap LPS-1.2.  Works quite nicely. B|

2 hours ago, GMG said:

Well, I really like Teddy Pardo power supplies with my equipment.

Teddy's units are very nice and he is a good guy!  Please remember that this thread is in the UpTone sponsored forum area. 9_9

House is full of uptone magic. 
My understanding was that unit performed better with 12.5v. 
Did I misunderstood?