IGNORED

Master Clock for your EtherREGEN

On 11/7/2020 at 6:03 PM, MartinT said:

spacer.png

I'm really hoping someone else tries this. I simply cannot be imagining the significant ease of musical flow, heightened slam and fantastic note decay and low level detail. I did this as yet another little experiment worth the time and low cost, but I'm quite wowed by it. This OCXO continues to amaze me.

TP-Link MR6400 4G router > Uptone EtherREGEN reclocker > Sonore Signature Rendu SE streamer > Gustard U18 DDC > Gustard X26 Pro DAC > Belles SA-100 power amp > Usher Dancer Be-20 speakers. AfterDark clocks x 2. PS Audio P3 & P10 regenerators.

https://theaudiostandard.net

Seems like many of you have received your clock fairly quick. I am still waiting for mine from above aliexpress seller.

Ordered mine 10/10 - now it has finally arrived in Sweden and is now beeing processed by the customs. So probably bad luck.

Anyway look forward to hear it in my system.🙂

/Magnus

Vinnie Rossi LIO integrated amp with DAC, Sotm SMS-200 ultra/TX USB ultra, powered by an Uptone LPS-1 Audiostore Roonserver powered by a  HD plex PS. ASUS router AC 68 powered by a Teddy pardo PS, 

Speakers are standmounts Klångedang T1 with external crossover , Rega Planar 3 Lejonklou Slipsik phonostage

1 hour ago, magnuska said:

Seems like many of you have received your clock fairly quick. I am still waiting for mine from above aliexpress seller.

Ordered mine 10/10 - now it has finally arrived in Sweden and is now beeing processed by the customs. So probably bad luck.

Anyway look forward to hear it in my system.🙂

/Magnus

Took me the same time to Sweden + a week for custom clearing.

HI Martin,

great your findings agein - I have ordered this little weight for the clock, have it here - since I had ordered the wrong version of the clock first and waiting for the ether regen version to come - I would like to ask you whether after you chnged your version to 75 Ohm - what was the difference soundwise?

Because if there wasn't  really a differnce I might as well mount the cube on the 50 Ohm clock and then I could also give you a feedback what the effect of it is....

Thanl you in advance

best

The difference was very small and I think that's down to my short clock cables, which are only 30cm (1 ft) long.

The improvement the tungsten cube made was far larger.

TP-Link MR6400 4G router > Uptone EtherREGEN reclocker > Sonore Signature Rendu SE streamer > Gustard U18 DDC > Gustard X26 Pro DAC > Belles SA-100 power amp > Usher Dancer Be-20 speakers. AfterDark clocks x 2. PS Audio P3 & P10 regenerators.

On 11/16/2020 at 10:42 PM, R1200CL said:

This is the seller one should purchase from. 

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001245799329.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.367a4c4dhrWEwV

@panhead

Your link has only one square wave output. It’s not the same as rest of us bought. (But will work). 

Timely reminder ... just now finally got round to placing an order, as per this above.

No extra requests I needed to give to them?

macmini M1>ethernet / elgar iso tran(2.5kVa, .0005pfd)>consonance pw-3 boards>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360)>etherRegen(js-2)>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360) >ultraRendu (clones lpsu>lps1.2)>curious regen link>rme adi-2 dac(js-2)>cawsey cables>naquadria sp2 passive pre> 1.naquadria lucien mkII.5 power>elac fs249be + elac 4pi plus.2> 2.perreaux9000b(mods)>2x naquadria 12” passive subs.

18 hours ago, jamesg11 said:

No extra requests I needed to give to them?

No, but you can ask how a possible modification of PCB is ongoing. Using LT3045’s  instead of the present regulator. Seller promised me to talk to manufacturer about this. 
(And you need to find a clock cable). 

Re cable, sent this to Ghent -

E07 Belden 1694A BNC True 75Ω Coax Cable with Custom - Belden 4694R + JSSG360, 30cm.”

macmini M1>ethernet / elgar iso tran(2.5kVa, .0005pfd)>consonance pw-3 boards>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360)>etherRegen(js-2)>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360) >ultraRendu (clones lpsu>lps1.2)>curious regen link>rme adi-2 dac(js-2)>cawsey cables>naquadria sp2 passive pre> 1.naquadria lucien mkII.5 power>elac fs249be + elac 4pi plus.2> 2.perreaux9000b(mods)>2x naquadria 12” passive subs.

I have reverted to the Canare LV-77S over the Belden 4694A.

It's just a tiny bit calmer with even greater air and depth.

9 hours ago, MartinT said:

I have reverted to the Canare LV-77S over the Belden 4694A.

It's just a tiny bit calmer with even greater air and depth.

Might see if Ghent has that Canare ... hasn’t yet replied to earlier query re Belden.

I should have said: both are great cables.  The 4694A is brightly lit (like its name: Brilliance) and pushes detail forward but can tend towards being too bright.  The LV-77S is just neutrally balanced with great depth, air and space.

Pick one according to your system.  My system, with the LKS DAC, prefers neutrally balanced cables as the LKS throws an incredible amount of detail out, which can be over-emphasised in a bright system.

• 2 weeks later...

I've read this thread with great interest and a couple of weeks ago ordered EtherRegen specific 75Ohm clock from Ali Express. 

Awaiting delivery, but hope it arrives before Christmas! I am starting to get together everything I'll need for when it arrives. 

Tungsten block has arrived, purpose cut bamboo platform has arrived. I'm exploring LPS options at the moment.

With regard to cabling between the clock and the EtherRegen, I realise that it is of paramount importance, but wonder how far I should push the law of diminishing returns. 

The clock will sit right next to the EtherRegen (albeit on seperate platforms) so I don't need a long cable. 

I have around 20cm / 200mm of 75 Ohm pure silver Oyade coax in my parts box (leftover from a longer RCA>RCA coax cable I made), should I finish it off with some generic/lowcost BNC's, or is it worth spending the extra for some 75 Ohm pure silver Oyade BNC connecters  - I'm not against spending it if it'll make a difference, but aware the connectors and cable end up being a lot more expensive that the clock itself 🤷‍♂️

Be great to see what the hive mind thinks. 

Thanks in advance, and thoroughly enjoyed the thread so far!

I'm gonna go get the papers, get the papers.

>> CLICK FOR SYSTEM SETUP << 

I think you should definitely use the Oyaide cable you have. 20cm is very short, the cable might be quite stiff so hopefully you'll be able to 'dress' it adequately (my 30cm Canares only just bend without unduly stressing the components). Connectors should match the cable, although the Neutriks are good connectors and not too pricy.

Get used to the sound first and then try the Tungsten separately. I look forward to your findings.

On 11/28/2020 at 10:20 AM, GS6 said:

I've read this thread with great interest and a couple of weeks ago ordered EtherRegen specific 75Ohm clock from Ali Express. 

Awaiting delivery, but hope it arrives before Christmas! I am starting to get together everything I'll need for when it arrives. 

Tungsten block has arrived, purpose cut bamboo platform has arrived. I'm exploring LPS options at the moment.

With regard to cabling between the clock and the EtherRegen, I realise that it is of paramount importance, but wonder how far I should push the law of diminishing returns. 

The clock will sit right next to the EtherRegen (albeit on seperate platforms) so I don't need a long cable. 

I have around 20cm / 200mm of 75 Ohm pure silver Oyade coax in my parts box (leftover from a longer RCA>RCA coax cable I made), should I finish it off with some generic/lowcost BNC's, or is it worth spending the extra for some 75 Ohm pure silver Oyade BNC connecters  - I'm not against spending it if it'll make a difference, but aware the connectors and cable end up being a lot more expensive that the clock itself 🤷‍♂️

Be great to see what the hive mind thinks. 

Thanks in advance, and thoroughly enjoyed the thread so far!

Hi,

I’m wondering about your bamboo rack. I need something like that perhaps. Could you send picture or post and thread for where you bought it?

Thanks,

Steven

SteVe's V's

Speakers- Legacy Audio Vs & 2 Legacy LF Extreme Subwoofers, Amplifiers- 2 Coda 15.5 Amplifiers Biamped, Preamp- TRL Dude, DAC- Lampizator Golden Gate Legacy Audio WaveletPC Software-ROON, HQplayer, jPlay, Fidelizer, AudiophileOptimizer 2.10, jRiver, WSY2K12V2 Roon Server PC- , HqPlayer PC- Turntable- SOTA Sapphire, Sumiko FT3 Arm, Audioquest Cartridge, CODA Phono stage, Accessories- HAL Footers, PS Audio Powerbases, Aurios, HiFi Tuning Supreme Fuses, Power- PurePower+ 2000 & 3000, PS Audio: Powerbases, LAN Rover, Noise Harvester, Quintet, Ultimate Outlets HC, Welborne Labs & HdPlex LPSUs,

Cables- Clarus Crimson USB, Lampizator Silver Ghost USB, Clarus Crimson PC, Western Electric 10 gauge DIY Speaker Cables and Best-Tronics Belden 8402 Balanced Interconnects Equipment Racks- SolidSteel

My clock unit arrived this morning.

I've tried looking up the datasheet for the OCXO but I'm not having any luck.

I've attached and image, if someone knows anything about it I'd appreciate the input. 

On 11/28/2020 at 7:33 PM, MartinT said:

I think you should definitely use the Oyaide cable you have. 20cm is very short, the cable might be quite stiff so hopefully you'll be able to 'dress' it adequately (my 30cm Canares only just bend without unduly stressing the components). Connectors should match the cable, although the Neutriks are good connectors and not too pricy.

Get used to the sound first and then try the Tungsten separately. I look forward to your findings.

I've ordered the Oyaide connectors to match the cable. They were a little pricey at £86, but saw them reduced from £130 so thought why not. They arrive tomorrow and I'll make up the cable and try without the Tungsten block for a week. 

On 12/1/2020 at 10:25 PM, sgr said:

Hi,

I’m wondering about your bamboo rack. I need something like that perhaps. Could you send picture or post and thread for where you bought it?

Thanks,

Steven

I order custom sized bamboo boards for all of my components from www.hm-wood-shop.co.uk . 

I believe it is actually a Norwegian company so perhaps there is a subsidiary in mainland Europe too. 

Each component sits on 3x wooden cones.

Those cones sit on a cut bamboo board.

Those boards sit on 3x small rubber cones. 

Those have their place within an overall shelving unit.

The overall unit isn't a hifi rack unfortunately, but a modified ikea unit. I live in a London flat where floorspace is at a premium, and since everything is in our living room, it also needs to be signed off by the aesthetics committe (my gf). 

I've found it all works as well as it can for the constraints that I'm operating within.

Will upload an image later this evening when I'm home.

IMG_0573.jpeg

I'm gonna go get the papers, get the papers.

>> CLICK FOR SYSTEM SETUP << 

Both of my OCXOs have DAPU clocks, but I've read others referring to the FCI clock.  I believe their specs are the same and all come from mobile masts.

A few weeks ago my clock arrived, since last Saturday is finally installed in my system ( only at the ER).

Connected with a 30cm long Sommer vector SC 0.8/3.7 cable with compliant Neutrik 75ohm BNC connectors.

Unfortunately due to a cold, my ears aren't working optimal at the moment. And for now the changes aren't really spectacular (at least not to my expectations after reading here 😉).

At the moment I can't name what's making it different. The funny thing is, when I switch back to the situation without, it sounds instantly there's missing something.

IMG_20201206_144355.jpg

12 minutes ago, Avalfa said:

A few weeks ago my clock arrived, since last Saturday is finally installed in my system ( only at the ER).

Connected with a 30cm long Sommer vector SC 0.8/3.7 cable with compliant Neutrik 75ohm BNC connectors.

Unfortunately due to a cold, my ears aren't working optimal at the moment. And for now the changes aren't really spectacular (at least not to my expectations after reading here 😉).

At the moment I can't name what's making it different. The funny thing is, when I switch back to the situation without, it sounds instantly there's missing something.

IMG_20201206_144355.jpg

Hopefully you don’t have corona. 😷

Meitner ma1 v2 dac,  Sovereign preamp and power amp,

DIY speakers, scan speak illuminator.

Raal Requisite VM-1a -> SR-1a with Accurate Sound convolution.

Under development:

NUC7i7dnbe, Euphony Stylus, Qobuz.

Modded Buffalo-fiber-EtherRegen, DC3- Isoregen, Lush^2

Hi, hope you get better soon.😐

I have had my clock now for maybe 3 weeks. And within the first hours you should be able to hear an improvement. 

Vinnie Rossi LIO integrated amp with DAC, Sotm SMS-200 ultra/TX USB ultra, powered by an Uptone LPS-1 Audiostore Roonserver powered by a  HD plex PS. ASUS router AC 68 powered by a Teddy pardo PS, 

Speakers are standmounts Klångedang T1 with external crossover , Rega Planar 3 Lejonklou Slipsik phonostage

The double-whammy effect of using my master clock for both EtherREGEN and Mutec reclockers in my system is very evident, not subtle.

3 hours ago, MartinT said:

The double-whammy effect of using my master clock for both EtherREGEN and Mutec reclockers in my system is very evident, not subtle.

Yeah that's why. I was a bit surprised. So far.

(Although a don't have, or won't use a mutec reclocker, since I don't have any purpose for it).