IGNORED

The EtherREGEN thread for various network, cable, power experiences and experiments

That cable is the Level2 Copper?

Francisco

Aries Cerat Kassandra Ref. MKII / Melco N1ZH60-2 / Audio Research Ref. 5 SE / Gryphon Essence Stereo / Rockport Atria I / Göbel XLR and RCA Cables / Göbel Ethernet and USB Cables / Sablon Ethernet Cabe / MIT Magnum MA Sepeakers Cables / Shunyata Everest 8000 / Shunyata Omega XC (1), Sigma NR V2 (3), Sigma NR V1(1) and Alfa NR V1 (2) / Paul Hynes SR7T for Melco S-100 Pink Faun Upgraded / Farad Super3 for IPS Modem-Router / Center Stage2 0.8, 1.0 and 1.5

11 hours ago, nonesup said:

That cable is the Level2 Copper?

Yes copper 2 was advised but they also have a Silver version too.

Ethernet::4x Bonn Silent Angel 8P, Afterdark Emperor Doublr  Crown Masterclock and Cybershaft 75 Ohm,Mini Circuits convertor,Uptone EtherRegen with 75Ohm. SOTM Cat CAT 7.

Audio: Auralic Vega G2.1, Cambridge Edge W, Kef Reference 3 speakers.  
Power: Farad super 3 (2x) , Keces P8 ( 2 Uptone LPS1.2 ) Afterdark 5V: 

Cables:Meicord Opal, SOTM Cat7 with filtering, Ghent Audio DC , Farad Level 2, Sharkwire speaker cable

7 hours ago, FIndingit said:

Interesting that you hear better prat. I don’t have the Farad but all better power supplies I’ve tried mostly result in better imaging. 

Yes a good but costly investment but indeed improved the sound on my Auralic Vega G1 very much.

There is another tweak I am aiming for the Master Clock on the EtherRegen. 
Please see the specific thread. But a this very moment still confusing what the best approach should be square or pulse wave etc ....

And finally €$ versus level of improvement. Should I invest in a Master Clock between € 1200 up to €3500. Or go for the Vega G2.1 that cost also approx. €2500 more than the G1. .....?

Regards,Andreas

Ethernet::4x Bonn Silent Angel 8P, Afterdark Emperor Doublr  Crown Masterclock and Cybershaft 75 Ohm,Mini Circuits convertor,Uptone EtherRegen with 75Ohm. SOTM Cat CAT 7.

Cables:Meicord Opal, SOTM Cat7 with filtering, Ghent Audio DC , Farad Level 2, Sharkwire speaker cable

Well, when I bought my first FaradSuper 3, I also bought the two Level2 cables (Silver and Cooper) with the promise of money back on that cable that I returned.  For me there was no doubt and I returned the Cooper, but I guess we all have different tastes.

Francisco

Aries Cerat Kassandra Ref. MKII / Melco N1ZH60-2 / Audio Research Ref. 5 SE / Gryphon Essence Stereo / Rockport Atria I / Göbel XLR and RCA Cables / Göbel Ethernet and USB Cables / Sablon Ethernet Cabe / MIT Magnum MA Sepeakers Cables / Shunyata Everest 8000 / Shunyata Omega XC (1), Sigma NR V2 (3), Sigma NR V1(1) and Alfa NR V1 (2) / Paul Hynes SR7T for Melco S-100 Pink Faun Upgraded / Farad Super3 for IPS Modem-Router / Center Stage2 0.8, 1.0 and 1.5

Then I bought a Paul Hynes SR7 T double rail and right now a FaradSuper3 with its SilverLevel2 cable is going by UPS on its way to Poland to make a member of this Forum happy.

697ECC80-2F9F-4A80-9189-9EC39CD87CFB.jpeg

Francisco

To me, the farad sounds the best of all I've had here.

I have them with the furutech inlet and synergistic orange fuse and then it sounds best here with the level2 copper. But also with an audioquest monsoon powercable.

Of all the powersupply’s  I've had in the house, the order of which was best on the EtherRegen, was as follows:

ifi ipower> sbooster botw mk1> Sbooster botw MK2* > uptone SMPS* > Paul Hynes SR4T*> Farad super3.*

The Farad beats them all.

* = all tested with Audioquest Z2, monsoon and Blizzard powercables.

Monsoon was in my case the best sounding combo with the powersupply’s

1 hour ago, nonesup said:

Następnie kupiłem podwójną szynę Paul Hynes SR7 T i teraz FaradSuper3 z kablem SilverLevel2 jedzie przez UPS w drodze do Polski, aby uszczęśliwić członka tego Forum.

19 minutes ago, Johnnydev said:

Dla mnie farad brzmi najlepiej ze wszystkiego, co tu miałem.

Ja mam je z wlotem furutecha i synergistycznym pomarańczowym bezpiecznikiem i najlepiej tu gra z miedzią level2. Ale także z kablem sieciowym audioquest monsunowym.

Farad pokonuje ich wszystkich.

Hello 
I am waiting in Poland for FaradSuper3 with the SilverLevel2 cable. There will also be a Furutech inlet and an orange fuse. Regards nonesup and Spain.
Johnnydev, write whether you compared SilverLevel2 with Copper level2 yourself, did you trust the opinions?

6 minutes ago, pietka08 said:

Hello 
I am waiting in Poland for FaradSuper3 with the SilverLevel2 cable. There will also be a Furutech inlet and an orange fuse. Regards nonesup and Spain.
Johnnydev, write whether you compared SilverLevel2 with Copper level2 yourself, did you trust the opinions?

Yes i had them both voor weeks in the house, the level 2 copper and the silver.

my choice was for the copper, with the audioquest Monsoon as powercable

2 godziny temu Johnnydev powiedział:

Tak, je w domu przez kilka tygodni, poziom 2 miedziany i srebrny.

mój wybór padł na miedź, z audioquest Monsoon jako kablem zasilającym

Wybrałeś miedziany, bo był lepszy? Czy nie warto było dopłacać do srebrnego?

You chose the copper one because it was better? Wasn't it worth paying extra for the silver one?

4 hours ago, Johnnydev said:

To me, the farad sounds the best of all I've had here. I have them with the furutech inlet and synergistic orange fuse and then it sounds best here with the level2 copper. But also with an audioquest monsoon powercable.
Of all the powersupply’s  I've had in the house, the order of which was best on the EtherRegen, was as follows:

ifi ipower> sbooster botw mk1> Sbooster botw MK2* > uptone SMPS* > Paul Hynes SR4T*> Farad super3.*

The Farad beats them all.

Fully agree

Hi Piotr, some of your posts are appearing in Polish.

Francisco

My excuses, if that has been asked before:

What gives better SQ?

1) router > copper > low-cost FMC > fibre > ER > copper > Streamer/Mediaplayer/DAC

2) router > copper > sonore OM > fibre > ER > copper > Streamer/Mediaplayer/DAC

3) router > copper > ER > fibre > ER > copper > Streamer/Mediaplayer/DAC

4) router with integrated FMC > fiber > ER > copper > Streamer/Mediaplayer/DAC

48 minutes ago, Oggo said:

What gives better SQ?

1) router > copper > low-cost FMC > fibre > ER > copper > Streamer/Mediaplayer/DAC

All are good 😀

Number 3 then number 2. 1 and 4 maybe equal. If no 4 is a Cisco 2960, probably rank as no 3.

The saying is a good clock upfront the EtherRegen, may benefit. 

But it may not apply to all systems. 

9 hours ago, Oggo said:

What gives better SQ?

Option 4 is how I have it set up and I found that to be "more quiet" and cleaner than straight copper. However I have not tried multiple ER's in the chain as the quality of straight fibre over 30metres is stupendous.

Regards

GG

I'm thinking of trying Ghentaudio cables since they get good press here in this forum.

I've tried Monoprice 5e, Cable Matters 8, and Supra 8+. It just gets better with each change. So, for those of you who have the ET11 Catsnake 6 or the ET12 Linkway Cat 8, I'm curious to know if you think it is a solid step up from the Supra 8+ to Ghentaudio? And if you have heard both the ET11 and ET12, do you prefer one over the other? I have read that the the ET11 can have or cause problems with the ER but a number of people seem to recommend that cable here in this forum anyway. Also ET11 vs ET12, is the ET12 that much stiffer? The Cable Matters 8 is stiffer than the Supra 8+, but doesn't seem to be that big a deal.

Finally, is there a real benefit to using a Ghentaudio cable on both sides of the ER? 

Digital: 1Gbs Fiber to house, then to endpoint > looks like copper from endpoint to router (all stock from ATT) > Router to "A" side is Monoprice Cat 5e Monoprice > ER "B" side 3' Supra 8+ to wall (ER has SR4T LPS)  > 15-20' Cat 5e run to audio room > 3' Supra 8+ to Aurender N10.

System: TAD Evolution system: M2500 amp, C2000 pre/DAC, E-1 speakers. Aurender N10, ER, SR4T LPS.

10 hours ago, Pokey77 said:

Finally, is there a real benefit to using a Ghentaudio cable on both sides of the ER? 

I found that good cables both sides of the ER work wonders. MeiCord Opal, in my case.

TP-Link MR6400 4G router > Uptone EtherREGEN reclocker > Sonore Signature Rendu SE streamer > Gustard U18 DDC > Gustard X26 Pro DAC > Belles SA-100 power amp > Usher Dancer Be-20 speakers. AfterDark clocks x 2. PS Audio P3 & P10 regenerators.

https://theaudiostandard.net

I use a Ghentaudio Belden 1303E Cat6A Ethernet (JSSG369) cable between router and FMC but exchanged a second Ghentaudio Belden 1303E Cat6A Ethernet (JSSG369) cable between ER and Streamer by a CSL Cat 7 cable from Amazon.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/6/2020 at 12:43 PM, sgr said:

I’ve implemented the Dual EtherREGEN setup. I believe it was worthwhile. Noise floor non existent. Great clarity. Images and soundstage expanded while being more precise. I’m not sure why one would buy a stack of Buffalo switches when two Etherregens look to be less expensive. 
But I’ve not heard a stack of switches yet. 

For users of double or triple stack of etherregens:

I am master clocking the last etherregen close to te streamer.

have you positive impact from masterclocking also the etherregens upstream?

4 hours ago, Ricardo007 said:

For users of double or triple stack of etherregens:

I am master clocking the last etherregen close to te streamer.

have you positive impact from masterclocking also the etherregens upstream?

You have to be careful with doing that. If you are getting the clocks for the different ERs from the same clock box, you may be bypassing the ER moats by doing this. Some clock boxes have fully isolated outputs, but many do not, the grounds of all the outputs are tied together.

John S.

On 1/12/2021 at 11:08 AM, R1200CL said:

All are good 😀

Number 3 then number 2. 1 and 4 maybe equal. If no 4 is a Cisco 2960, probably rank as no 3.

The saying is a good clock upfront the EtherRegen, may benefit. 

But it may not apply to all systems. 

Is there now a consensus that the fiber in the chain noticeably improves the SQ? or marginal?