IGNORED

The EtherREGEN thread for various network, cable, power experiences and experiments

1 hour ago, acousticsguru said:

Good decision! I have no idea why people claim a longer one would sound better? It's an optical cable. I know all the usual reasons when it comes to reflections off terminations in e.g. digital cables (electrical), but optical, no clue what difference that would make. Maybe they're hoping the cable itself would work as an attenuator (if so, how many kilometers are we talking about?), in which case I'd say they picked the wrong SFP module to begin with…

The longer the cable the greater the signal is attenuated so the "sound better" observation might be due to avoiding use of attenuators.  It's also been shown that coiling fiber will increase attenuation.  

I am using an 8m run because that's exactly the length I needed.  With the Finisar SFPs there is no need for any additional attenuation to my ears.

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

17 hours ago, Rsbrsvp said:

Next question.  My ether regen in this setup would receive an optical cable on side A which originates at my router.  But on side A I also have my server (a NUC) conneted to the etherregen with a rj45.  My question is will this connection ruin the benifit of optical connetion?

17 hours ago, Rsbrsvp said:

However,  my Intel NUC server is also connected to side A of the etnerregen by rj45.  Will this connection ruin the benifit of the optical connection ?

Try the NUC plugged into the ER Side A, and then into the router/modem/switch and listen to the difference.  In my experience ER is that works its very best when nothing else is plugged into it except 1 x data in Side A and data out Side B. I've had fibre from switch to ER too, and moved a very low noise server from Side A to the switch and gained an improvement.

1 hour ago, dbastin said:

Try the NUC plugged into the ER Side A, and then into the router/modem/switch and listen to the difference.  In my experience ER is that works its very best when nothing else is plugged into it except 1 x data in Side A and data out Side B. I've had fibre from switch to ER too, and moved a very low noise server from Side A to the switch and gained an improvement.

Don't understand.  Nuc to side A is clear.  Side B must go to my summus euphony endpoint.  Are you recommending a second rj45 connection between NUC and the router?

The ER responded very well to a Coherent QP-1 supercap power supply and Coherent DC cable, Black Ravioli footers, large heatsink and heavy weight on top, Black Ravioli grounding box to terminal.

TP-Link MR6400 4G router > Uptone EtherREGEN reclocker > Sonore Signature Rendu SE streamer > Gustard U18 DDC > Gustard X26 Pro DAC > Belles SA-100 power amp > Usher Dancer Be-20 speakers. AfterDark clocks x 2. PS Audio P3 & P10 regenerators.

https://theaudiostandard.net

9 hours ago, audiotunesx said:

Entreq Silver Minimus w/Atlantis booster box and infinity copper spade or rj45 cables killed dynamics.  I gave up trying to tweak the etherregen.  It’s the only component I have that’s great as is.

Agree; I tried Entreq silver minimus infinity on the ER but I was no improvement as you say. Does it work for you on the router instead? 

The ER benefits from better powersupply, better external clock🙂

Vinnie Rossi LIO integrated amp with DAC, Sotm SMS-200 ultra/TX USB ultra, powered by an Uptone LPS-1 Audiostore Roonserver powered by a  HD plex PS. ASUS router AC 68 powered by a Teddy pardo PS, 

Speakers are standmounts Klångedang T1 with external crossover , Rega Planar 3 Lejonklou Slipsik phonostage

8 hours ago, magnuska said:

Agree; I tried Entreq silver minimus infinity on the ER but I was no improvement as you say. Does it work for you on the router instead? 

The ER benefits from better powersupply, better external clock🙂

I use a Silver Minimus Infinity (with an Everest knob) for my network gear.  I'm grounding my NAS with a copper spade cable and the router with a RJ45 copper cable (I like the non-Infinity version better on this spot).  The infinity box can handle up to 3 small network devices (I had the silent angel switch on it as well, and tplink fmc's before that).  On the NAS/Router/Silent Angel the usual "entreq magic" applies, in fact the difference is larger than then on the dac in my system.  I think the Silver Minimus Infinity is perfect for network gear with the copper cables, I did not like the regular infinity minimus on this spot it was just too dull (and I'm one that prefers warmth).  The eR is the only device I've tried that didn't take to entreq ground boxes, heck I even did a footer shootout (symposium rollerball jr, mig 2.0, herbies tenderfeet/baby footers, bdr cones, stillpoints ultra ss) and still couldn't improve the sound.  The eR is how products should be built and IMO the best value of all that I've tried to improve my network section.  I'm not going to touch it, but if there is an eR1.2 in years to come I want to be on the first batch.

Hi all,

I recently use Cisco SFP & RJ45 adapter on A-Side in the SFP cage of the EtherRegen. This gave me another uplift in SQ ( more detail, clarity and stereo-depth).

Do you have same experiences?

Ps. EtherRegen is powered by a Farad Super3 and also the Afterdark Giesemann Clock. 

I also use a double ethernet cable ( signal + and signal  - ) made from Meicord Opal also  an  SQ uplift.

Regards, Andreas

IMG_1952.thumb.jpeg.50d9a9e80e21bc9c0ffc19c5748c54c0.jpegIMG_1953.thumb.jpeg.53e900d26fe91024810ddf7eddb028c0.jpeg

Ethernet::4x Bonn Silent Angel 8P, Afterdark Emperor Doublr  Crown Masterclock and Cybershaft 75 Ohm,Mini Circuits convertor,Uptone EtherRegen with 75Ohm. SOTM Cat CAT 7.

Audio: Auralic Vega G2.1, Cambridge Edge W, Kef Reference 3 speakers.  
Power: Farad super 3 (2x) , Keces P8 ( 2 Uptone LPS1.2 ) Afterdark 5V: 

Cables:Meicord Opal, SOTM Cat7 with filtering, Ghent Audio DC , Farad Level 2, Sharkwire speaker cable

10 hours ago, ambre said:

Hi all,

I recently use Cisco SFP & RJ45 adapter on A-Side in the SFP cage of the EtherRegen. This gave me another uplift in SQ ( more detail, clarity and stereo-depth).

Do you have same experiences?

Ps. EtherRegen is powered by a Farad Super3 and also the Afterdark Giesemann Clock. 

I also use a double ethernet cable ( signal + and signal  - ) made from Meicord Opal also  an  SQ uplift.

Regards, Andreas

IMG_1952.thumb.jpeg.50d9a9e80e21bc9c0ffc19c5748c54c0.jpegIMG_1953.thumb.jpeg.53e900d26fe91024810ddf7eddb028c0.jpeg

Hi

I also use a double ethernet cable ( signal + and signal  - ) made from Meicord Opal  - where can I get this ??

Thanks

B&W 800 Diamond D2, Goldmund Eidos Reference CD, Goldmund Telos 600, Goldmund Mimesis 32, Cello Audio Palette MIV.[br]MacBook Pro, LIO, Mytek 192, HD800, Luxman SQ-38U, Luxman MQ-88u

20 hours ago, mitch751 said:

Hi

I also use a double ethernet cable ( signal + and signal  - ) made from Meicord Opal  - where can I get this ??

Thanks

Google Meicord opal in Germany or the Akiko Audio in the Netherlands 

Ethernet::4x Bonn Silent Angel 8P, Afterdark Emperor Doublr  Crown Masterclock and Cybershaft 75 Ohm,Mini Circuits convertor,Uptone EtherRegen with 75Ohm. SOTM Cat CAT 7.

Audio: Auralic Vega G2.1, Cambridge Edge W, Kef Reference 3 speakers.  
Power: Farad super 3 (2x) , Keces P8 ( 2 Uptone LPS1.2 ) Afterdark 5V: 

Cables:Meicord Opal, SOTM Cat7 with filtering, Ghent Audio DC , Farad Level 2, Sharkwire speaker cable

On 27.02.2021 at 15:20, ambre said:

Ps. EtherRegen jest zasilany przez Farad Super3, a także zegar Afterdark Giesemann. 

Używam również podwójnego kabla ethernetowego (sygnał + i sygnał -) wykonanego z Meicord Opal, również SQ uplift.

Hello everyone.

I own an ER powered by a Farad Super3 with a BG7TBL clock. From the ER to the Auralic Aries Femto streamer I used first a Supra Cat8, now happily a DesignaCable Belden CatSnake Cat6a. I wonder if Meicord Opal is the next rung up? 

In short has anyone compared the Meicord Opal with the DesignaCable Belden CatSnake Cat6a?

Pozdrawiam z Polski