IGNORED

ALLO USBridge Signature

6 hours ago, cooltoad said:

Hi, looking for a solution here. Usbridge signature does not detect Chord mojo or my other usb dac and only onboard device is shown. However, the dac is detected from one of the front ports and is working fine. Don’t know how to make the rear clean power port working. Anyway to hard reset or factory reset the device? or any other solution. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Forwarded PM please check

2 hours ago, Audio_Allo said:

Hi, That was quick, thanks, Both usb Dacs work through front port.  I use Moodeaudio. Is there a a way to factory reset or is the usb power not working due to some powering issues and requires to be opened, not sure.. I get the following message, when logging into SSH:

pi@moode:~ $ lsusb
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0b95:1790 ASIX Electronics Corp. AX88179 Gigabit Ethernet                                                 Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0451:8142 Texas Instruments, Inc. TUSB8041 4-Port Hub                                                           Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub                                                                   
pi@moode:~ $

pi@moode:~ $ lsusb -t
/:  Bus 01.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=dwc_otg/1p, 480M                                                                    |__ Port 1: Dev 2, If 0, Class=Hub, Driver=hub/4p, 480M                                                                      
        |__ Port 3: Dev 3, If 0, Class=Vendor Specific Class, Driver=ax88179_178a, 480M                                          pi@moode:~ $
Thanks...

12 hours ago, cooltoad said:

Hi, That was quick, thanks, Both usb Dacs work through front port.  I use Moodeaudio. Is there a a way to factory reset or is the usb power not working due to some powering issues and requires to be opened, not sure.. I get the following message, when logging into SSH:

pi@moode:~ $ lsusb
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0b95:1790 ASIX Electronics Corp. AX88179 Gigabit Ethernet                                                 Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0451:8142 Texas Instruments, Inc. TUSB8041 4-Port Hub                                                           Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub                                                                   
pi@moode:~ $

pi@moode:~ $ lsusb -t
/:  Bus 01.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=dwc_otg/1p, 480M                                                                    |__ Port 1: Dev 2, If 0, Class=Hub, Driver=hub/4p, 480M                                                                      
        |__ Port 3: Dev 3, If 0, Class=Vendor Specific Class, Driver=ax88179_178a, 480M                                          pi@moode:~ $
Thanks...

23 hours ago, helledie said:

Is it possible to run Digione Signature RCA out, and USB out from USBridge Signature out at the same time?

I do not have a USBridge Signature but with a DigiOne Signature mounted on a Raspberry Pi this is perfectly possible. I have done this when the DigiOne Signature came out and I wanted to compare it to the Shiit Eitr that I was using until then. Using MPD as a transport, you only need to configure and activate both sound cards. Then, by switching the input of your DAC, you listen to either the DigiOne Signature or the the sound card attached to the USB output.  

Hi,

I have just got a USBridge Sig up and running with MoOde. MoOde is operated from my iphone or laptop, and the Sig is connected via ethernet to a Netgear WiFi router which is wired to a Virgin Hub.

The problem I have is when I try and connect the Sig to a Cisco Network switch. When I try to access via http://moode.local on the laptop it says server won't respond, DNS not recognised, and via the MConnect app on the iPhone MoOde UPnP does not appear under UPnP devices. Removing the Network switch and plugging the Sig back into the Router does solve this problem, but I'd like to get this working via the switch if possible.

Tim from over on MoODE advised the switch could be blocking multicast DNS (mDNS) packets and mDNS is the discovery protocol used to resolve .local domain.

Before I go back to the switch manufacturer have you guys had any issues connecting the USBridge Sig to Cisco switches that you know of as someone mentioned you had encountered this before, and there might be a fix?

Thanks,

Andy.

2 hours ago, nbpf said:

I do not have a USBridge Signature but with a DigiOne Signature mounted on a Raspberry Pi this is perfectly possible. I have done this when the DigiOne Signature came out and I wanted to compare it to the Shiit Eitr that I was using until then. Using MPD as a transport, you only need to configure and activate both sound cards. Then, by switching the input of your DAC, you listen to either the DigiOne Signature or the the sound card attached to the USB output.  

I stand corrected, thank you for pointing that out!

2 hours ago, Andy B said:

Hi,

I have just got a USBridge Sig up and running with MoOde. MoOde is operated from my iphone or laptop, and the Sig is connected via ethernet to a Netgear WiFi router which is wired to a Virgin Hub.

The problem I have is when I try and connect the Sig to a Cisco Network switch. When I try to access via http://moode.local on the laptop it says server won't respond, DNS not recognised, and via the MConnect app on the iPhone MoOde UPnP does not appear under UPnP devices. Removing the Network switch and plugging the Sig back into the Router does solve this problem, but I'd like to get this working via the switch if possible.

Tim from over on MoODE advised the switch could be blocking multicast DNS (mDNS) packets and mDNS is the discovery protocol used to resolve .local domain.

Before I go back to the switch manufacturer have you guys had any issues connecting the USBridge Sig to Cisco switches that you know of as someone mentioned you had encountered this before, and there might be a fix?

Thanks,

Andy.

I don't know about Cisco switches but a friend of mine tried a pair of AC ethernet adapters to "hard wire" his Allo, and he had the same problem, so it does exist.  I've tried a pair of older AC adapters and didn't have this problem.  I don't know the solution, though.

9 hours ago, Andy B said:

Hi,

Thanks,

Andy.

I too use USBridge Signature, moOde and a Cisco switch. Recently, I have been unable to access using http://moOde.local However, if I type the IP address of the pi in the browser then I have no problems connecting.

i5 7600 fanless pc running Ubuntu 22.04 and HQPlayer Desktop > Cisco switch > 10Gtek fibre network > Raspberry Pi4 HQPlayerNAA > IFi purifier 3 > SRC-DX > Chord Qutest > Jotunheim 2 preamplifier > Ncore monoblocks > KEF R5 speakers.

14 hours ago, Andy B said:

Hi,

Thanks,

Andy.

Hi,

Please ignore if dumb question but you set moode dlna under audio config ? Bubbleupnp or Mconnect detect moode server and renderer immediately thru the dlink gs108 switch in my recent setup without issue.

Guess the same but I had never used http://moode.local but simply check the ip address under my router where my usb bridge signature or digione signature is connected and use that if not in bubbleupnp. 

Side topic and ignorant of me that I just found out in last few days after new synology NAS with 2x10TB hdds which fortunately learned friend helped step up to that moode dlna is miniserver and will not show/support dsd, dff etc. files .. 24bit 96hz hi res is ok. 

I use usb bridge signature in my main system for its nice sound quality for internet radio now only with 512gb cosair gtx via usb port only as I also found out sound quality notably better than same music file from NAS which I had expected from 2 non-audioquest diamond etherent cable and non-fancy atomic reclocked switch.

I also found the same of direct usb and NAS difference on my new Nuprime Omnia S1 and since this is notably better sound quality at 3x cost and at least dsd dff etc. file shows up and plays, I also have 512tb thumbdrive into its rear usb3.0 port for serious listening .. the similarly priced NAS setup is now for casual background listening and music files integrity.

Cheers.

Richard

Revel Salon 2 speakers, Sander Magtech amp, Audible Illusion L3B (Blackgate) preamp, Denafrips Terminator Plus dac, Denafrips Hermes ddc, Antipodes CX/EX/P1/P2 server/player (Oladra upgraded), Denafrips Avatar cdp, Bel Canto fm1 tuner, Airties Wireless Mesh, ifi Blue Zen BT receiver, 2X Uptone EtherRegen + AfterDark Emperor Double Crown 10M clock, Zerozone 5/7.5/12v LPS, Uptone LPS 1.2, 2x diy 2kVA Isotransformers, dedicated 20/30A lines for separate digital/analog, Nordost Quattro Fil interconnects, Acoustic Revive TripleC Ethernet/i2S cables, Shunyata Sigma usb cable with ifi Idefender 3.0, Aurealis/Apogee/Canare BNC clock cables, Cardas Clear speaker cable and jumpers, Zonotone Shupreme/5050 powercords, Garrard 301 on slate plinth/sme 3012R/Ortofon Classic Royal GM mk2/diy 301 motor PSU/graham IC90/kimber tak ag etc./Headamp Gilmore Lite Mk2+Golden Reference PSU/Grado FreeSystem fg-1 headphones

I use MconnectHD for Tidal upnp and airplay for other apps like pandora, BBC. Is there a way to toggle between the two without going to settings in Moode? Currently, I have to switch off airplay and restart upnp renderer from the settings.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply's.

I don't know what is going on but it is now working. I have the switch connected to the router and it works. I didn't have DNLA enabled as I have been using UPNP, bit it seems OK at the moment.  I can also view the MoOde player via .local and IP address, so a bit of a mystery.

It doesn't seem to like it when I use the switch between virgin hub and router and connect the Sig to the switch, so not sure what the difference is in that configuration that is confusing things. I thought that would be simpler.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Andy.

I have an Allo USB bridge with the shanti power supply running diet pi as a roon endpoint and roon rock running on a home built server.  I know nothing about Linux, I’m running the system headless and amazingly the whole thing works.  

Considering an upgrade to the Signature and have a couple of questions.

• Any subjective thoughts on the magnitude of sound improvement over my current setup?  10% improvement, 50% improvement?  Just trying to gauge what to expect. 
  • As I said I chose diet pi OS with my usb bridge although I can’t remember why.  Any thoughts on the “best” OS for my situation?  (No computer skills,  truly need a plug and play solution. Running roon with no current need for DSD upsampling or other DSP)
  • what’s a fair price for a used USB bridge?  

Thanks in advance for any thoughts or guidance.  

ROON Rock NUC, ALLO usb bridge, Exogal Comet, LTA MZ2, Quick Silver Mid Monos, Audio Note AN/E.

12 minutes ago, Markhh2 said:

Any thoughts on the “best” OS for my situation?

as just a Roon endpoint... definitely RoPieee ;)

about how much of an improvement the Sig makes... hard to tell: this kind of upgrades is always about subtleties. but those subtleties that in the end... :)

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > Metrum Acoustics Forte power amplifier (or  First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

On 5/1/2020 at 3:09 PM, nbpf said:

Thanks for your reply. Looking forward to get it.

Looking to get the USBridge Signature + Shanti to stream Roon from my Ethernet switch to DAC via USB.  What software is recommended to optimize Roon?

Thanks

2 channel : full Innuos suite / Black Cat USB cables / Kii Three BXT

Desktop : Innuos PulseMINI / Roon ROCK / SaBaj A20d amp-DAC / DCA E3 headphones

@Audio_Allo

I kindly request support for the drop issue when playing dsd files with usbridge signature as endpoint roon / hqplayer.  My Dac is rme adi-2 dac.

I have tried the two released versions of dietpi allo gui with asix 2.0 driver (both 4.19 and 4.14 version ) but it does not solve the problem of interruptions.  

This problem is not present with sparky usbridge.

Thanks

Antonio 

Doepke DFS2/ Gigawatt C16A + 044/ Lc-y Evo/ LC3-EVO /LC2-Evo/ LC-3 MK3/ Toroidy DC Blocker/ Hdplex H5 / Windows 10 Pro1903 AO3 + Fidelizer Pro 8.10/ JPLAY Femto/ Crosshair VIII Dark Hero/ Ryzen 9 5950X/ Optane P1600X/ Apacer 2x4GB DDR4 ECC 2666/ Jcat Usb XE/ Jcat Net XE /Audiowise Opto USB/ Sablon USB Evo/ 2x Paul Hynes SR4T for Jcat / 2x Baaske NET Isolator MI 1005/ Ethernet cable Viablue EP-7S/ Sablon Ethernet 2020 /Fidelizer StreamHub/ All Dc cables Neotech Occ JSSG360 /Hdplex 500W DC ATX/ Holo Spring 3 KTE/ Audio Research LS5 (4x E188CC Red Label/ 4x RCA 12BH7A Black Plates/ 2X Brimar 12BH7 Black Plates)/ Proceed HPA2 (Mark Levinson 432)/ Scansonic MB 3.5B + Iso Acoustics Gaia III / Townshend Isolda EDCT/ 2x Townshend DCT 300 XLR/ Synergistic Research Purple Fuses In Hdplex, 2x SR4T, Preamp, Dac/ 4X Townshend Seismic Pods

Roon/USBridge Sig/RoPieee here plays DSD256 without the faintest glitch

I know it doesn't help... unless you're willing to give RoPieee a try ;)

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > Metrum Acoustics Forte power amplifier (or  First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

6 minutes ago, pl_svn said:

Roon / USBridge Sig / RoPieee qui riproduce DSD256 senza il minimo difetto

So che non aiuta ... a meno che tu non sia disposto a provare RoPieee ;)

Many thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately I also tried ropieee xl, gentooplayer (includes asix V2. 0) with different kernels but the same problem occurs.

Ps: which dac do you have? 

Thanks

Antonio 

Doepke DFS2/ Gigawatt C16A + 044/ Lc-y Evo/ LC3-EVO /LC2-Evo/ LC-3 MK3/ Toroidy DC Blocker/ Hdplex H5 / Windows 10 Pro1903 AO3 + Fidelizer Pro 8.10/ JPLAY Femto/ Crosshair VIII Dark Hero/ Ryzen 9 5950X/ Optane P1600X/ Apacer 2x4GB DDR4 ECC 2666/ Jcat Usb XE/ Jcat Net XE /Audiowise Opto USB/ Sablon USB Evo/ 2x Paul Hynes SR4T for Jcat / 2x Baaske NET Isolator MI 1005/ Ethernet cable Viablue EP-7S/ Sablon Ethernet 2020 /Fidelizer StreamHub/ All Dc cables Neotech Occ JSSG360 /Hdplex 500W DC ATX/ Holo Spring 3 KTE/ Audio Research LS5 (4x E188CC Red Label/ 4x RCA 12BH7A Black Plates/ 2X Brimar 12BH7 Black Plates)/ Proceed HPA2 (Mark Levinson 432)/ Scansonic MB 3.5B + Iso Acoustics Gaia III / Townshend Isolda EDCT/ 2x Townshend DCT 300 XLR/ Synergistic Research Purple Fuses In Hdplex, 2x SR4T, Preamp, Dac/ 4X Townshend Seismic Pods

1 hour ago, 87mpi said:

@Audio_Allo

I kindly request support for the drop issue when playing dsd files with usbridge signature as endpoint roon / hqplayer.  My Dac is rme adi-2 dac.

I have tried the two released versions of dietpi allo gui with asix 2.0 driver (both 4.19 and 4.14 version ) but it does not solve the problem of interruptions.  

This problem is not present with sparky usbridge.

Thanks

Antonio 

3 hours ago, Audio_Allo said:

Can you Please sent the solution  proposed by Allo by mail. A while ago i have had same problems with RME adi 2 and the Usbridge signature.

At that moment ( Jan 2020) no fix available. Reason  to sent back the RME.

Best regards, Andreas

Ethernet::4x Bonn Silent Angel 8P, Afterdark Emperor Doublr  Crown Masterclock and Cybershaft 75 Ohm,Mini Circuits convertor,Uptone EtherRegen with 75Ohm. SOTM Cat CAT 7.

Audio: Auralic Vega G2.1, Cambridge Edge W, Kef Reference 3 speakers.  
Power: Farad super 3 (2x) , Keces P8 ( 2 Uptone LPS1.2 ) Afterdark 5V: 

Cables:Meicord Opal, SOTM Cat7 with filtering, Ghent Audio DC , Farad Level 2, Sharkwire speaker cable