IGNORED

ALLO USBridge Signature

12 minutes ago, Lord Percy said:

Does anyone know if this can be powered by a 5V 2.5A linear psu?  I know the suggested supply is 3A but I only have a 2.5A one.

Don't worry, It'll be fine.

Doepke DFS2/ Gigawatt C16A + 044/ Lc-y Evo/ LC3-EVO /LC2-Evo/ LC-3 MK3/ Toroidy DC Blocker/ Hdplex H5 / Windows 10 Pro1903 AO3 + Fidelizer Pro 8.10/ JPLAY Femto/ Crosshair VIII Dark Hero/ Ryzen 9 5950X/ Optane P1600X/ Apacer 2x4GB DDR4 ECC 2666/ Jcat Usb XE/ Jcat Net XE /Audiowise Opto USB/ Sablon USB Evo/ 2x Paul Hynes SR4T for Jcat / 2x Baaske NET Isolator MI 1005/ Ethernet cable Viablue EP-7S/ Sablon Ethernet 2020 /Fidelizer StreamHub/ All Dc cables Neotech Occ JSSG360 /Hdplex 500W DC ATX/ Holo Spring 3 KTE/ Audio Research LS5 (4x E188CC Red Label/ 4x RCA 12BH7A Black Plates/ 2X Brimar 12BH7 Black Plates)/ Proceed HPA2 (Mark Levinson 432)/ Scansonic MB 3.5B + Iso Acoustics Gaia III / Townshend Isolda EDCT/ 2x Townshend DCT 300 XLR/ Synergistic Research Purple Fuses In Hdplex, 2x SR4T, Preamp, Dac/ 4X Townshend Seismic Pods

On 5/10/2020 at 1:54 PM, 87mpi said:

I am sorry to hear that this did not solve your problem 🙄

For me it was the only working combination with zero drops. 

I had the same little problem (some micro drops at dsd 256) with dietpi allo gui, both 4.14 and 4.19 kernel based versions with new asix driver. 

Which kind of OS are you using. Windows, Apple in combinatie with GemToo?

Ethernet::4x Bonn Silent Angel 8P, Afterdark Emperor Doublr  Crown Masterclock and Cybershaft 75 Ohm,Mini Circuits convertor,Uptone EtherRegen with 75Ohm. SOTM Cat CAT 7.

Audio: Auralic Vega G2.1, Cambridge Edge W, Kef Reference 3 speakers.  
Power: Farad super 3 (2x) , Keces P8 ( 2 Uptone LPS1.2 ) Afterdark 5V: 

Cables:Meicord Opal, SOTM Cat7 with filtering, Ghent Audio DC , Farad Level 2, Sharkwire speaker cable

6 hours ago, ambre said:

Which kind of OS are you using. Windows, Apple in combinatie with GemToo?

I use an Intel nuc with gentooplayer as server (I enable Lms, but you can enable whatever you prefer, like roonserver, HQPe etc..), and allo usbridge signature with gentooplayer as endpoint (In my case I enable squeezelite r2, but you can enable for example roon bridge, naa etc.. ) 

Doepke DFS2/ Gigawatt C16A + 044/ Lc-y Evo/ LC3-EVO /LC2-Evo/ LC-3 MK3/ Toroidy DC Blocker/ Hdplex H5 / Windows 10 Pro1903 AO3 + Fidelizer Pro 8.10/ JPLAY Femto/ Crosshair VIII Dark Hero/ Ryzen 9 5950X/ Optane P1600X/ Apacer 2x4GB DDR4 ECC 2666/ Jcat Usb XE/ Jcat Net XE /Audiowise Opto USB/ Sablon USB Evo/ 2x Paul Hynes SR4T for Jcat / 2x Baaske NET Isolator MI 1005/ Ethernet cable Viablue EP-7S/ Sablon Ethernet 2020 /Fidelizer StreamHub/ All Dc cables Neotech Occ JSSG360 /Hdplex 500W DC ATX/ Holo Spring 3 KTE/ Audio Research LS5 (4x E188CC Red Label/ 4x RCA 12BH7A Black Plates/ 2X Brimar 12BH7 Black Plates)/ Proceed HPA2 (Mark Levinson 432)/ Scansonic MB 3.5B + Iso Acoustics Gaia III / Townshend Isolda EDCT/ 2x Townshend DCT 300 XLR/ Synergistic Research Purple Fuses In Hdplex, 2x SR4T, Preamp, Dac/ 4X Townshend Seismic Pods

On 5/13/2020 at 11:14 AM, Zauurx said:

@matthias

Allo offers a version of Dietpi with the Asix ethernet driver in version V2 for Dietpi 6.26.
http://3.230.113.73:9011/Allocom/DietPi/DietPi_v6.26m1_RPi-ARMv7-Stretch_AlloGUI.img.7z
But if I update to 6.26 >> 6.29 or 6.30, the driver 2.0 goes back to 0.1.4 (?) (kernel 4.19.73)

I think, 6.26m1 is a local compiled version.. Please can you update to 6.30 ?

I think I agree with this, I just checked when on 6.30 and it was on 0.1.4, so I just manually updated to version 2.0.

Good Day:

I own Roon so won't switch to anything else keeps my 41k tracks organised.

Using the USBridge Sig with Dietpi, then updating network driver still causes drop outs almost immediately on DSD files.

Is there a fix for this? I have an RME ADI-2 old version 4490. Running in mode to allow for DSD Native playback.

When using Ropieee it was fine but doesn't allow some of the other things I wish to run.

Using my Roon Server as a Transport and Server but isn't an ideal long term solution. So would like to either see this fixed or sell device off.

Thanks

I am still hearing pops, annoying as I thought this was solved. I am tempted to try some alternatives to Dietpi, possibly Gentoo player which I have had working on another end point. To save time going through all alternatives, if anyone using Gentoo player, what number kernel are you using? And are you loading into ram etc?

9 minutes ago, rossco said:

Sento ancora pop, fastidioso mentre pensavo che fosse risolto. Sono tentato di provare alcune alternative a Dietpi, possibilmente un giocatore Gentoo sul quale ho lavorato su un altro punto finale. Per risparmiare tempo passando attraverso tutte le alternative, se qualcuno usa Gentoo player, quale numero kernel stai usando? E stai caricando in RAM ecc?

I've tried all alternative, but the only solution (form me) is to use gentooplayer.  install latest version (2.13) but you must switch to kernel 4.14.114 no RT. This is the only kernel that works. 

1 hour ago, 87mpi said:

I've tried all alternative, but the only solution (form me) is to use gentooplayer.  install latest version (2.13) but you must switch to kernel 4.14.114 no RT. This is the only kernel that works. 

I have switched to 4.14, specifically 4.14.114-GentooPlayer-MIN+, I gather I can choose between 1-9, this is number 1, which is the correct number to choose? Thanks.

1 hour ago, rossco said:

I have switched to 4.14, specifically 4.14.114-GentooPlayer-MIN+, I gather I can choose between 1-9, this is number 1, which is the correct number to choose? Thanks.

I used 4.14.114-010320, Gentooplayer-ST (n° 20)

9 minutes ago, rossco said:

Thank you, I will try that one. I have now tried 1-7, and had pops with all so far.

Make sure you use 4.14.114-010320 no RT and N° 20 (standard kernel)

4.14.114-060120 is different, be careful! 

Again, this is the only combination that solved the problems with the DSDs.

I run all to dsd 256 without problems. Also make sure you have flashed the latest rme firmware.

Mine is the first version (4490) .

Let me know

21 minutes ago, 87mpi said:

Make sure you use 4.14.114-010320 no RT and N° 20 (standard kernel)

4.14.114-060120 is different, be careful! 

Again, this is the only combination that solved the problems with the DSDs.

I run all to dsd 256 without problems. Also make sure you have flashed the latest rme firmware.

Mine is the first version (4490) .

Let me know

Ok, I am going to try again as I have had pops for 1-9 and 20. I am pretty sure I used the right kernel but worth me checking. I only have naa running for hq player upsampling also to dsd 256 to a topping d90 balanced dac, all ethernet, no WiFi.

Thanks for the help!

5 minutes ago, rossco said:

Ok, ci riproverò dato che ho avuto pop per 1-9 e 20. Sono abbastanza sicuro di aver usato il kernel giusto ma vale la pena controllarlo. Ho solo naa in esecuzione per l'upsampling del lettore hq anche su dsd 256 su un dac bilanciato d90, tutto ethernet, niente WiFi.

Grazie per l'aiuto!

I think you have rme😅

I hope it can helps you too

Dac compatibility is unfortunately a lottery.. 

4 hours ago, rossco said:

Ok, I am going to try again as I have had pops for 1-9 and 20. I am pretty sure I used the right kernel but worth me checking. I only have naa running for hq player upsampling also to dsd 256 to a topping d90 balanced dac, all ethernet, no WiFi.

Thanks for the help!

I'm running both UPNP, Roon endpoint and HQPlayer NAA on USBridge Signature so could not use only Moode or Ropieee (although it works well with all version). I also had clicks, pops, drop-off with different OS when use high-res content (included DSD).

Switched to GentooPlayer V2.13, there are some combination work really well with latest Kernel 4.19.106.

First, I set Profile to either 4 or 2 (my current) without using RAMSysterm.

Then select any Kernel without ST (standard) or RT (real time) (from 1-9 if I remember correctly)

I suggest also set fix CPU frequency to 800

I'm currently using Kernel 4.19.106-GentooPlayer-MIN-EPU100 with profile 2 without loading to RAM and CPU fix at 800. This combination works very well and sounds great.

Hope it helps

RoonROCK: NUC8i5 Akasa case > HQPlayer OS in HDPlex H3V3 case - i7-14700K > Oratek TOFU Raspberry Pi CM4  - Jussi's NAA OS > Holo Spring 3 L2 DAC with Preamp > DIY EL84PP amp > Snell Type E/III speakers

Ubiquiti EdgerouterX SFP / Sonore Optical Module / Linear Power Supply for all

14 hours ago, rossco said:

I have had it working with Dietpi in the past, so I might need to go back.

I dug around in my old support thread I had with Allo back ealier this year and found a link to DietPi_v6.26m1 on the allo website. I downloaded and did some limited testing last night and the popping has stopped. I need to test a bit more, but basically, I don't think I will upgrade until I know the newer versions actually work.

16 hours ago, chipvn said:

I'm running both UPNP, Roon endpoint and HQPlayer NAA on USBridge Signature so could not use only Moode or Ropieee (although it works well with all version). I also had clicks, pops, drop-off with different OS when use high-res content (included DSD).

Switched to GentooPlayer V2.13, there are some combination work really well with latest Kernel 4.19.106.

Then select any Kernel without ST (standard) or RT (real time) (from 1-9 if I remember correctly)

I'm currently using Kernel 4.19.106-GentooPlayer-MIN-EPU100 with profile 2 without loading to RAM and CPU fix at 800. This combination works very well and sounds great.

Hope it helps

Thank you for your detailed response. I am testing further right now with dietpi and I can still hear the odd pop which is frustrating. I will have a go at your suggested config. How do you fix the CPU? 

I am also using the RME ADI-2 dac with 4490 chipset (older) running latest version. I find the version Allo provides DietPi_v6.26m1 causes problems for me with slow downs playing music with Roon files (files loading slowly) even on a standard Pi3b (just too test). Seems to be Netdata which I discovered using HTOP command (linux task manager). You might need to resize ssh window so each line of information is presented in entire line.

Glad others are having some luck with other operating systems. If anyone in Canada is interested in buying USBridge please contact or simply search KiJiJi for all of Canada for a USBridge.

Not really looking for help, I use managed switches so can see that there is no problem with data flow on network. Task manager on Windows computer used as transport even DSD 256 files barely used 25% of available bandwidth. Likely will be resolved once things return to normal. Luckly I have some old computers around to use instead.

Stay safe

20 hours ago, chipvn said:

Hope it helps

This is really quite promising, I have set-up in the way you describe, and done a few more bits and pieces. I have disabled things like HDMI and the various LEDs etc and set the DAC-USB. And it works really well. I have listened to a few albums, and I don't think I have heard any pops, two possibly, but not clearly and may have been on the song. I do wonder if I should change the CPU govenor, are there any other settings to tweak?

3 hours ago, rossco said:

This is really quite promising, I have set-up in the way you describe, and done a few more bits and pieces. I have disabled things like HDMI and the various LEDs etc and set the DAC-USB. And it works really well. I have listened to a few albums, and I don't think I have heard any pops, two possibly, but not clearly and may have been on the song. I do wonder if I should change the CPU govenor, are there any other settings to tweak?

Glad that it helped you found the combination works for your system.

Actually, the main contribution for that is the combination of profile and non RT kernel. I have done all of other tweaks as you did with other profiles and RT kernels but it did not work.

You don't need to change the CPU governor if you don't see issue with the current setting. I did it because I want to underclock the CPU (beside swiching off other unused port like HDMI) to minimize heat and probably noise.

RoonROCK: NUC8i5 Akasa case > HQPlayer OS in HDPlex H3V3 case - i7-14700K > Oratek TOFU Raspberry Pi CM4  - Jussi's NAA OS > Holo Spring 3 L2 DAC with Preamp > DIY EL84PP amp > Snell Type E/III speakers

Ubiquiti EdgerouterX SFP / Sonore Optical Module / Linear Power Supply for all

12 hours ago, chipvn said:

Glad that it helped you found the combination works for your system.

Actually, the main contribution for that is the combination of profile and non RT kernel. I have done all of other tweaks as you did with other profiles and RT kernels but it did not work.

You don't need to change the CPU governor if you don't see issue with the current setting. I did it because I want to underclock the CPU (beside swiching off other unused port like HDMI) to minimize heat and probably noise.

Thank you! And I have set the CPU to 800mhz as you did. I will try a bit more tonight!

On 5/18/2020 at 4:33 PM, chipvn said:

Hope it helps

Those are nice settings, thank you!

ok, so... just tried installing GentooPlayer on my USBridge Sig (using it as Roon endpoint)

wired ethernet connection

first time install, all default settings apart "Select DAC/USB DAC"

enabled RoonBridge

disabled HDMI, WiFi and HotSpot

DAC is a Chord Qutest

not the slightest glitch playing DSDs (DoP as Roon doesn't offer "native" for the Qutest) up to 256 :)

Screenshot 2020-05-21 at 12.51.49.jpg

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones