IGNORED

ALLO USBridge Signature

On 12/21/2022 at 10:14 AM, uniquesnowflake said:

For those proficient with a soldering iron (or can find someone who is), there's a lot to be gained through modding. 

1. While I appreciate Allo making the USBridge Sig backwards compatible with the Digione Sig, it results in a lot of connectors that degrade the sound. I chose to skip all the USB-C nonsense and supply power directly to the board. If you're up for it, an additional CLC filter at the input will help to further clean up the power.
  2. Os-Con caps play well with digital circuits, and I chose to replace some of the SMD caps on the WM8805 side of the Digione Sig.
  3. More Os-Cons on the top side of the Digione Sig. Last but not least, the SPDIF output cap and series resistor were upgraded to Auricap XO and TX2575. This mod provided the biggest jump in sonic performance. There was a clear improvement in linearity, details, and extension.

4314be184baaa096d4ac55e86ae0f739-3.jpg

8119f15902d87e0f8a688a2294e72df2-2.jpg

59b2d63f498f50b2ea3de15091928e45-2.jpg

I am very interested in these charges you made. Can you shareware more details on it?

8 hours ago, uniquesnowflake said:

If you have the skill and willingness to do so, I'd recommend upgrading the onboard TPS7A4701 LDOs to high quality discrete regulators (e.g. Sparkos Labs) in addition to the mods. 

Otherwise, considering replacing/adding Os-Con caps and bypassing the plethora of connectors first.

Thans. I will pass this information through to a friend Who can make the modifications.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I have a USBridge running Ropieeexl and cannot get it to play dsd512 without occasional glitches but it works fine with dsd256. It will play 512 fine using Ubuntu and requires about 58mbs at that rate. Flow is: Win 11> d link 1210 switch>USBridge. It’s an older switch and router, and I cannot seem to access the web interface on the switch.  I’m hoping that I can adjust packets/ frames or priorities in the Win NIC. Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz

2 minutes ago, 4est said:

I have a USBridge running Ropieeexl and cannot get it to play dsd512 without occasional glitches but it works fine with dsd256. It will play 512 fine using Ubuntu and requires about 58mbs at that rate. Flow is: Win 11> d link 1210 switch>USBridge. It’s an older switch and router, and I cannot seem to access the web interface on the switch.  I’m hoping that I can adjust packets/ frames or priorities in the Win NIC. Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Hi 4est, this seems like a Ropieeexl issue doesn’t it? If 512 works on Ubuntu but not Ropieeexl, perhaps there’s a Ropieeexl setting to be adjusted?

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

11 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Hi 4est, this seems like a Ropieeexl issue doesn’t it? If 512 works on Ubuntu but not Ropieeexl, perhaps there’s a Ropieeexl setting to be adjusted?

Ty Chris !

I tend to agree but my instance of Ropieee does not have access to the network. There is a pull down on the web interface but it’s empty.  I’ve heard of others having a similar issue and I was hoping there was a simple adjustment somewhere.  

Forrest:

... try asking the developer here 😉

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > Metrum Acoustics Forte power amplifier (or  First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

26 minutes ago, pl_svn said:

... try asking the developer here 😉

I am not committed to Ropieee as I use this with HQPlayer >NAA.  If another OS is is a better option, I’d try it gladly. 

Forrest:

21 hours ago, stefano_mbp said:

You can try DietPi with NAA addon

Thank you! Very true and I intend to do so. Sadly I only have the one micro SD card. I’ve ordered some already. I’ve heard of others having this issue and was hoping or a real fix.  Ultimately I do not care which OS as long as it can be used headless long term.  

Forrest: