IGNORED

Rendu Support Thread

4 hours ago, simon_pepper said:

So, as you create/test a new build and push it to the update servers, could you add it to a page somewhere ideally this forum as your Support channel or the Roon forum, that a new release is available & a comment as to why.

Something just as ‘Sonicorbiter 2.5.1 - bug fixes for ...., RoonReady 1.1.29 adds ....’

Thanks, Simon

I normally press update once or twice a month. Never had any problems. And really don’t  need to know what the updates about in detail. 

When Roon or HQPlayer is updated, I also do an update a few days after those releases.

I rather prefer an automatic update if possible, or a notice when I log into the Sonore products I have.

Now I’m waiting for the integration of Roon extensions to SonicTransporter. Then my  HTPC is no longer needed. ?

Dear all,

I’m somehow on my wits end. Could someone please help me with this?

setup:

Synology NAS (minimserver)

UltraRendu (SO 2.6 latest) power supply 7.5 V/ 3A

- Both on the same network

Dragonfly Black DAC (temporarily)

Android control point (BubbleUPnP)

problem:

After inserting the Dragonfly DAC (as a replacement until the new DAC comes in) I checked the status of the DAC on the Rendu-website (fine) and run an OS Update (Apps/ Software Manager).

After that, the Rendu didn’t show up on the BubbleUPNP as a renderer anymore.

attempted solutions:

reboot – nothing

power off/on – nothing

Delete and reinstall MPD/DLNA reboot – nothing

inserted my old Arcam DAC – nothing

rebooting rooter – nothing

uninstall/ install BubbleUPNP – nothing

Any idea or remidy would be highly appreciated!

loremipsum

On 4/6/2018 at 2:23 PM, mttbsh said:

Very interesting, the same happened to me. The Spotify app worked for a very short time after I first connected my Microrendu but after a month or so it quit connecting, I inquired about it but my posts asking for helped seemed to... disappear. That was late in 2016 and it wasn't until I did the most recent update last week to 2.6 that the connection reappeared, apparently they fixed a known Spotify-connection problem with this update. I did pay for Spotify premium for all of those months without being able to play it through my Microrendu, but now that it works I'm happy.  

For me just the opposite, no longer connects since 2.6.

rogerdn

On 5/30/2018 at 5:39 PM, vortecjr said:

Just update your unit again. 

Update started/excuted normally for 2-3 minutes, then stopped for 5, finally  microRendu screen reappeared, ie update didn’t finish. Roon plays, Spotify now plays but at half volume, and MPD says ‘Unknown’ , Lumin and MConnectHD no longer see microRendu.

the first install of 2.6 couple months ago also stopped midway so bought new SD card, no install issues before 2.6, grrrrr.

rogerdn

9 hours ago, rogerdn said:

Update started/excuted normally for 2-3 minutes, then stopped for 5, finally  microRendu screen reappeared, ie update didn’t finish. Roon plays, Spotify now plays but at half volume, and MPD says ‘Unknown’ , Lumin and MConnectHD no longer see microRendu.

the first install of 2.6 couple months ago also stopped midway so bought new SD card, no install issues before 2.6, grrrrr.

If the update doesn’t finish you are going to have issues. Also the screen should not disappear during update. Something with you network like a firewall is preventing a complete update. 

1 hour ago, vortecjr said:

If the update doesn’t finish you are going to have issues. Also the screen should not disappear during update. Something with you network like a firewall is preventing a complete update. 

I’ve made no network changes, have no network issues with multiple devices, only with microRendu since 2.6 and now twice.

rogerdn

On 6/5/2018 at 6:36 AM, vortecjr said:

Your case is different. Try removing and reinstalling MPD DLNA from Software Manager. Then go to Settings and press Save.

Reinstall apparently stalled, 

Anyway I tried a Save and eventually got,

rogerdn

Just did an update on my ultraRendu, the first since the SO 2.6 update. Everything looked OK except for two warnings (see attached screen shots). Now I can't get the uR to do anything, it cannot see my DAC in DAC Diagnostics. Everything still works fine using a backup uSD card.

Main System: [Synology DS216, Rpi-4b LMS (pCP)], Holo Audio Red, Ayre QX-5 Twenty, Ayre KX-5 Twenty, Ayre VX-5 Twenty, Revel Ultima Studio2, Iconoclast speaker cables & interconnects, RealTraps acoustic treatments

Living Room: Sonore ultraRendu, Ayre QB-9DSD, Simaudio MOON 340iX, B&W 802 Diamond

It seems that once you add attachments, you can no longer add text.

Went into Settings - DLNA/MPD and clicked Save Changes but that did not help. I restarted MPD but nothing.

Main System: [Synology DS216, Rpi-4b LMS (pCP)], Holo Audio Red, Ayre QX-5 Twenty, Ayre KX-5 Twenty, Ayre VX-5 Twenty, Revel Ultima Studio2, Iconoclast speaker cables & interconnects, RealTraps acoustic treatments

Living Room: Sonore ultraRendu, Ayre QB-9DSD, Simaudio MOON 340iX, B&W 802 Diamond

OK, finally everything is working. I have no idea what the problem was and I can't remember everything I did but it is now playing music. At one point, my backup card, which was working earlier, stopped working. Not a lot of fun! Ignore previous posts.

9 hours ago, vortecjr said:

I didn't see any obvious issues and I'm not sure what you did either:) After the update you just need to reboot and when the unit comes back up go to Settings / MPD DLNA and press Save. This reconfigures the output for proper playback.  

Jesus, if only it was always that simple. ? My update from 2.5 to 2.6 was trivial, performed update, restarted uR, started playing music again. This time required over an hour of fiddling to get this up and running again. It appears that changes at the uR can have unexpected effects on the connection to the DAC and it is not predictable. What was puzzling was that I could not play music from the ultraDigital (BNC) or directly from the uR using USB to DAC. This is the first time that a complete power cycling of the QX-5 Twenty was needed to get everything reconnected.

One frustration that I have been continuing to have relates to inserting the uSD card. I find it extremely difficult to get the card inserted correctly, it seems to keep going above the card slot and into the uR itself. Yesterday, my card actually fell into the uR and had to be retrieved by removing the front panel. With all of the connections to the unit in place, it is not easy to maneuver the unit into a position where you can clearly see what you are doing. There seems to be little margin for error in the process. I really hate uSD cards. I realize in a perfect world you would never have to remove the card, just keep running updates and everything should work fine. Unfortunately, it helps to have a working backup card for times when you need to trouble shoot and switching cards has proven to be a frustration in its own right.

I am starting to long for the days of using a CD player.

Cheers!

Bob

It sounds like you were trying a bunch on things. I can't see how a software update on the Rendu will affect a DAC connected via SPDIF. Anyway, a good sequence would be to power down everything, then power up the DAC, followed by the ultraDigital, followed by the ultraRendu. For the most part there are very few settings to set on the unit and one place to go for each output mode. The primary settings are the type of DSD and volume, but if you just press Save most all DACs would play music.