IGNORED

Rendu Support Thread

1 minute ago, tonitoman said:

Hi all,  first time setup... Why does it say no sonic orbiter OS server found on network? Is there a problem with the OS?

A microrendu or ultrarendu will show up under Network Players, not Music Servers.  A Music Server running Sonicorbiter would be one of the products from Small Green Computer.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

40 minutes ago, tonitoman said:

Hi all,  first time setup... Why does it say no sonic orbiter OS server found on network? Is there a problem with the OS?

I updated, rebooted, rebooted modem. All is connected. Dac is cosecant wavelength. 

15327906646841916706689.jpg

It’s showing a microRendu as a network player, assuming this what you are connecting to, all is good.  If you are connecting a mR nothing will show up in the music server section, the mR is a network player, not a server.

Windows 11 PC, Roon, HQPlayer, Focus Fidelity convolutions, iFi Zen Stream, Paul Hynes SR4, Mutec REF10, Mutec MC3+USB, Devialet 1000Pro, KEF Blade.  Plus Pro-Ject Signature 12 TT for playing my 'legacy' vinyl collection. Desktop system; RME ADI-2 DAC fs, Meze Empyrean headphones.

2 hours ago, left channel said:

Thanks.

Got it to work... After 4 hours of research. Sounded Amazing. Decided to it to my main room.  clicked the power down. reinstalled the setup... Now the DAC is not recognized anymore.

I get:

Error in alsa-capabilities (v0.9.1): aplay did not find any soundcard.

Would you have any clue for a fix?

Regards

HI Left Channel, I'm seeing it now. Thanks. 

Now the DAC is missing. Can't see it anymore. It isn't a JRiver issue I think as it appeared  in the settings before I connected to the network.

I rebooted the Microrendu,  tried various orders of unplugging, but no luck... Dac works fine directly in PC. 

Any advice?

Regards

1 hour ago, tonitoman said:

Thanks.

Got it to work... After 4 hours of research. Sounded Amazing. Decided to it to my main room.  clicked the power down. reinstalled the setup... Now the DAC is not recognized anymore.

I get:

Error in alsa-capabilities (v0.9.1): aplay did not find any soundcard.

Would you have any clue for a fix?

Regards

The Dac is cosecant from wavelegth audio. It worked fine minutes before. I even have the saved settings. (Took a picture of it). I also went in APPS and tried DAC diagnostic and nothing happens. The Microrendu appears in JRiver. When I reboot, at least 2 times my DAC stays active. I'd say 4 times it stays in passive mode because nothing is sent to it . DAC tests fine straight from PC. I'm really out of ideas. 

Regards

20180728_152921.jpg

2 hours ago, tonitoman said:

The Dac is cosecant from wavelegth audio. It worked fine minutes before. I even have the saved settings. (Took a picture of it). I also went in APPS and tried DAC diagnostic and nothing happens. The Microrendu appears in JRiver. When I reboot, at least 2 times my DAC stays active. I'd say 4 times it stays in passive mode because nothing is sent to it . DAC tests fine straight from PC. I'm really out of ideas. 

The Cosecant has an automatic sleep mode, which may be confusing the microRendu as it boots up. If you can disable that feature the problem would probably go away. If not, there may be an upgrade to the microRendu OS available that improves the situation, but you'll have to ask Sonore about that. Meanwhile be patient, leave both units on and attached, and they should sync up eventually.

Everyone wants to date my avatar.

4 hours ago, tonitoman said:

Regards

20180728_152921.jpg

You don’t need the custom DAC setup and it’s probably best if you delete it.

As for DAC discovery try this:

To verify if the Rendu sees yours DAC go to Apps / DAC Diagnostics. If the DAC is not listed you may have to remove and reconnect the USB cable, then refresh the page. If your DAC is still not listed try power cycling the DAC followed by power cycling the Rendu and then go to Apps / DAC Diagnostics. 

• 3 weeks later...

I have an Anthem STR Preamplifier that has a built-in USB DAC (XMOS USB Audio 2.0 ST 308F). I have a Sonore microRendu (software version 2.6) feeding the USB input on the DAC. Anthem represents that the unit accepts native DSD, but if I setup the microRendu for native playback, DSD is no longer an option in Roon’s audio setup and it converts the DSD to PCM. If I select DoP in the microRendu, DSD is available in the Roon Audio setup and DSD tracks are not converted to PCM.

If I put together a playlist and the signal transitions from PCM to DSD, there is no issue. However, when the signal transitions from DSD to PCM, I hear a loud pop. Loud enough that I am concerned that it could harm my speakers.

Is there any way to remedy this issue?

Hi,

I have the üRendu with the latest firmware onboard (v.2.6).

I continue to get errors when connecting to an USB DAC. Have tried two different DAC’s and two different (short) USB cables. Sometimes the Diagnostic app recognize any of the two DAC’s as generic, but normally not (just says connect your DAC). Correct DAC input (USB) is selected. Different power scemes and unplugging doesn’t seem to make a difference.

Please see appended screenshot.

Please advice.

EDIT:

Two more screenshots showing that once every now and then it works.

Then I shut down the uR and restart it - back to square one regarding lost DAC :(

When one DAC is dicovered, all DACS are discovered and vice versa, so it is not the DAC, nor the cable that pose a problem.

59B45C98-34DD-49F5-9A6D-003F9D56A7D0.png

25374236-A672-44EA-A5E5-3D454887DB46.png

E8078BD2-8D7A-48D5-A536-0140A052BAEB.png

No ideas, Jesus?

Spent the whole afternoon troubleshooting.

Used custom DAC, reporting hw:0,0 in settings when connection is successful. hw:0,0 defaults the output device to USB (non-selectable).

This is how it looks like when it works and then it is stable until reboot.

This is driving me nuts and I want to throw it out of my window! ?

52C08AD0-B4B1-42E4-8B51-8D811B566745.png

56609C1B-63A3-4A18-8F89-27803B960E38.png

Every now and then the microrendu just stops playing.  THEN, when I try to recommence play, it goes to the next track, where it stays, for about 3 seconds, then onto the next track for another 3 seconds, then on and on  until it reaches the end of the playlist never PLAYING anything.  Rebooting the device doesn't always solve the problem.  The only thing that seems to dependably solve the problem is unplugged the unit from power, then plugging it back in again.  BUT that's getting REALLY tiresome.  Suggestions?  The dac is a directstream jr.