IGNORED

Rendu Support Thread

I do not need an update in any way - microRendu and ultraRendu working fine - but I get an error when trying to update: Cannot resolve sonicorbiter.com. Upgrade does not start. Your DNS might not be working. Server down? My DNS seems to be working fine.

1 hour ago, esmit said:

I do not need an update in any way - microRendu and ultraRendu working fine - but I get an error when trying to update: Cannot resolve sonicorbiter.com. Upgrade does not start. Your DNS might not be working. Server down? My DNS seems to be working fine.

If you have a VPN you need to disable it. 

On 6/17/2018 at 1:21 PM, vortecjr said:

If you have a VPN you need to disable it. 

I do not have VPN (as far as I am aware), and I am able to install packages (just installed mpd to check), but updating still gives this error. Are there any ports that should be open for this to work, or other things to check? I can ping sonicorbiter.com:

Pinging sonicorbiter.com [66.241.100.214] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 66.241.100.214: bytes=32 time=232ms TTL=50
Reply from 66.241.100.214: bytes=32 time=186ms TTL=50
Reply from 66.241.100.214: bytes=32 time=170ms TTL=50
Reply from 66.241.100.214: bytes=32 time=180ms TTL=50

and tracert:

Tracing route to sonicorbiter.com [66.241.100.214]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1    31 ms   286 ms    32 ms  192.168.178.1
  2     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  3    14 ms    29 ms    11 ms  gv-rc0011-cr101-ae98-0.core.as9143.net [213.51.174.233]
  4    93 ms    21 ms    42 ms  asd-rc0001-cr101-bundle-ether106-1.aorta.net [84.116.194.73]
  5     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  6    22 ms    99 ms    18 ms  nl-ams09b-ri1-ae5-0.aorta.net [84.116.134.54]
  7    52 ms    59 ms    17 ms  213-46-161-146.aorta.net [213.46.161.146]
  8   112 ms   141 ms   134 ms  xe-8-3-0.cr0-nyc2.ip4.gtt.net [89.149.134.46]
  9   120 ms   124 ms   114 ms  ip4.gtt.net [69.174.2.90]
 10     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 11     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 12     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 13     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 14     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 15     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 16     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 17   174 ms   202 ms   174 ms  66.241.100.214

Trace complete.

3 hours ago, esmit said:

I do not have VPN (as far as I am aware), and I am able to install packages (just installed mpd to check), but updating still gives this error. Are there any ports that should be open for this to work, or other things to check? I can ping sonicorbiter.com:

Pinging sonicorbiter.com [66.241.100.214] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 66.241.100.214: bytes=32 time=232ms TTL=50
Reply from 66.241.100.214: bytes=32 time=186ms TTL=50
Reply from 66.241.100.214: bytes=32 time=170ms TTL=50
Reply from 66.241.100.214: bytes=32 time=180ms TTL=50

and tracert:

Rebooting all stuff seems to have helped.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Sloop John B said:

Is it best to  power down and turn off my ultraRendu when not in use or is it fine to leave it running all the time?

.sjb

The only time mine is powered off is when the power goes out. Lol I leave everything on all the time

On 6/9/2018 at 9:45 AM, .Will. said:

Hi - I think this might be a dumb question, but I am stumped and need some help.  I have my UltraRendu linked up to my iMacPro, and I know if is operating effectively because I can play Tidal through it, but I can't get Spotify to recognize it.  When I pull up Spotify, it shows the UltraRendu as a possible output, but when I click on that as an output it shows "Connecting" but also shows "Spotify is not active on this device".  I have gone into the UlrtaRendu App/web page and it says "SpotifyConnect - Active", so I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Will

I have the same issue with Spotify on my W10 laptop and microRendu v1.4/v2.6.

mR shows Spotify Connect as active. On the laptop, sometimes Spotify shows mR in the devices list and sometimes it doesn't, but even when in the list, clicking it never makes a connection. There are no error messages.

mR works fine with Roon on the same laptop. And Spotify can easily play to other wifi devices I have in my home. So both mR and Spotify work fine, but not with each other. I had the same issue with older vesrions of mR h/w and s/w and older versions of Spotify and W10. I've retried periodically and its never worked.

I'm using a SonicTransport7 (running Minimserver) with a Signature SE (controlled by Linn Kazoo through the MPD/DLNA Renderer option on the Signature SE to a Moon 380D DAC .  On some hi-res FLAC files and many DSD files, the opening note or two up to the initial bar doesn't play (or) the opening notes play as garbled (or) on one file the opening several measures of the songs don't play (files purchased from HDTracks, Acoustic Sound, Qobuz etc.).  If I play these same files and tracks using a QNAP NAS running Asset 5.1.1 through the MIND file player module on the Moon 380D, they play without a problem, so the files themselves do not seem to be the issue. 

The problem may coincide with installing the Minimserver & Minimstreamer updates that came through recently.  It seems something is mis-set.  Advice on what that might be and how to re-set it to recover the ability to play high res files without truncating the starts of the songs would be very welcome.

14 hours ago, TheAttorney said:

I have the same issue with Spotify on my W10 laptop and microRendu v1.4/v2.6.

mR shows Spotify Connect as active. On the laptop, sometimes Spotify shows mR in the devices list and sometimes it doesn't, but even when in the list, clicking it never makes a connection. There are no error messages.

mR works fine with Roon on the same laptop. And Spotify can easily play to other wifi devices I have in my home. So both mR and Spotify work fine, but not with each other. I had the same issue with older vesrions of mR h/w and s/w and older versions of Spotify and W10. I've retried periodically and its never worked.

Try updating the unit.

9 minutes ago, TheAttorney said:

I don't understand that recommendation. I already have the V1.4 H/W and V2.6 S/W. Whate else is there to update?

I hit Update alle the time. Almost every week there is a minor update although the version number stays 2.6.

6 hours ago, esmit said:

I hit Update alle the time. Almost every week there is a minor update although the version number stays 2.6.

Thank you. I hadn't realised that minor updates can be available even though the version number hasn't changed.

Anyway, Update has fixed the Spotify Connect problem ?

This is an update to the above: SimAudio released an update to the MIND this morning enabling it to (once again) connect to MinimServer.  This allows playing the problem files from the SonicTransporter using MinimServer through the MIND.  Doing so, eliminates the problem.  Is it possible that the Signature SE isn't quite compatible with the newest iteration of MinimServer?  Or is it more likely that something needs to be reset on the SE?  I'm hoping someone might be able to offer advice on how to further diagnose or to resolve the problem.

Further update: with the guidance of Simon at MinimServer, I reverted to the previous iteration of MinimServer/Streamer.  The problem remains the same.  If it's a compatibility question, it's with the current iteration of MinimServer/Streamer and the prior one.

Yeh, I realised early on that updates were more than regular ... I just do the update regularly - /& I don’t want that many communications on such!

macmini M1>ethernet / elgar iso tran(2.5kVa, .0005pfd)>consonance pw-3 boards>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360)>etherRegen(js-2)>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360) >ultraRendu (clones lpsu>lps1.2)>curious regen link>rme adi-2 dac(js-2)>cawsey cables>naquadria sp2 passive pre> 1.naquadria lucien mkII.5 power>elac fs249be + elac 4pi plus.2> 2.perreaux9000b(mods)>2x naquadria 12” passive subs.

Picked up a used Rendu, with i2s output, to feed into my Holoaudio Spring DAC.

Powered it up, plugged in ethernet and i2s, but don't know how to use it.

It didn't come with a manual and I don't see a manual at the sonore site.

I'm using Roon, so hoped it would just join the network and be visible to Roon but no sign of it in Roon.

Ideas most welcome!

Thanks.

--Peter

Pretty sure you need to enter the IP address into a browser and then configure it to use Roon.

Your SE should appear under Network Devices, select manage and then select apps and then Audio app switcher and from there you should be able to enable Roon Ready. ie. Enable Roon Ready in app Manager and save. I am assuming it uses the Sonicorbiter interface, have never owned an SE.

Hope this helps.

Mike

2 hours ago, pbgalvin said:

Picked up a used Rendu, with i2s output, to feed into my Holoaudio Spring DAC.

Powered it up, plugged in ethernet and i2s, but don't know how to use it.

It didn't come with a manual and I don't see a manual at the sonore site.

I'm using Roon, so hoped it would just join the network and be visible to Roon but no sign of it in Roon.

Ideas most welcome!

Thanks.

--Peter

There is no configuration with that unit. Also, it only works with UPnP/DLNA controllers and server. Use it with JRiver or Audirvana.

Dear all,

Since a few days my Ultrarendu (uR) is not appearing anymore in Audirvana (latest version) (on Mac Mini) when using it in MPD/DLNA mode. It disappeared suddenly, with no obvious event having taken place.

Some things I've done:

* Updated the UR firmware (currently 2.6). I did this twice...

*  Deleted and re-installed Audirvana (including deleting files outside the application folder)

* Checking with other instalments of Audirvana on other computers, uR still does not appear

What does work:

* Roon & Spotify uR modes 

* Audirvana by itself using a direct USB connection to my DAC

* uR gives no errors, DAC connection is OK

* all wired ethernet connections, no wifi

* firewall is off

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

Rodrigo

These two steps always work for me when Audirvana does not recognize the ultraRendu.

1- Reboot SonicOrbiter

2- Settings> MPD/DLNA> Save Changes

"The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought", Sir Thomas Beecham.