IGNORED

Rendu Support Thread

This is the best connection advice I have:

The Rendu needs to sees your DAC before it will show up in the server. To verify if the Rendu sees yours DAC go to Apps / DAC Diagnostics. If the DAC is not listed you may have to remove and reconnect the USB cable, then refresh the page. If your DAC is still not listed try power cycling the DAC followed by power cycling the Rendu and then go to Apps / DAC Diagnostics. 

1 hour ago, vortecjr said:

It's just the way Linux works and not all DACs are created equally. My DAC does not have this issue. 

I would have understood it if the behavior was the same each and every time, but I connect to two different DAC’s and the behavior is exactly the same. The successful rate seems random, but when one DAC is found, the second one is also found. If I interchange the USB cables to both DACS while detection is successful the second one is instantly found and the connection remains stable.

When unsuccessful the DAC’s are never found whatever I do. It seems that the üR never initiates any discovery if unsuccessful during startup.

The only option is to restart the üR numerous times and just hope it connects......

1 hour ago, vortecjr said:

It's just the way Linux works and not all DACs are created equally. My DAC does not have this issue. 

I am happy my DAC also does not have this issue but the Rendu's are just running software and software can be resilient. Rechecking, double-checking, using alternative routes might be possible, but not necessarily easy, or indeed possible when depending on third party drivers or OS.

What would cause the microRendu to skip from track to track without playing anything in a playlist?  Roon seems to be seeing the files, but the microRendu doesn't seem to playing them?  Any practical ideas with regard to how to troubleshoot this problem?  Since rebooting the microRendu resolves the issue with no network or other adjustments?

28 minutes ago, pwhinson said:

What would cause the microRendu to skip from track to track without playing anything in a playlist?  Roon seems to be seeing the files, but the microRendu doesn't seem to playing them?  Any practical ideas with regard to how to troubleshoot this problem?  Since rebooting the microRendu resolves the issue with no network or other adjustments?

I get this problem occasionally using the Bridge app to feed Roon to my Naim. Lots of restarts and it usually goes away but frustrating. 

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

2 hours ago, Distinctive said:

And sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. :(

If it was never working I would have understand it.

What I can't understand is the intermittent discovery success I am experiencing.

I have used these DAC's with other sources without issues. 

This is obviously very frustrating and there may be no satisfactory solution. Why don't you provide more detail about your setup including network components. Maybe someone can suggest something if they can see the entire system relationships. An intermittent problem may be related to something other than the mR or your DAC. Do you have access to another DAC to try?

Main System: [Synology DS216, Rpi-4b LMS (pCP)], Holo Audio Red, Ayre QX-5 Twenty, Ayre KX-5 Twenty, Ayre VX-5 Twenty, Revel Ultima Studio2, Iconoclast speaker cables & interconnects, RealTraps acoustic treatments

Living Room: Sonore ultraRendu, Ayre QB-9DSD, Simaudio MOON 340iX, B&W 802 Diamond

Are you saying that my network influence üR DAC-discovery on it’s USB output?

üR always turn up in Fing with the same IP given by DHCP and always respond when I ping it. My high capacity network is pretty solid so this will be surprising.

I have also tried connecting the üR directly to my router.

I have tried many DAC’s and the most successful was the Chord Mojo.

6 minutes ago, Distinctive said:

Are you saying that my network influence üR DAC-discovery on it’s USB output?

üR always turn up in Fing with the same IP given by DHCP and always respond when I ping it. My high capacity network is pretty solid so this will be surprising.

I have also tried connecting the üR directly to my router.

I have tried many DAC’s and the most successful was the Chord Mojo.

I once had a similar problem in combination with my Chord TT. It turned out to be that the usb connector on the TT had cracks in it, but it gave the same symptoms. Maybe the usb connector on your Rendu needs a check, with magnifying glasses? And make sure it gets the right voltage, when my microRendu got just 5v it was a bit flaky too.

4 minutes ago, Distinctive said:

Thx. I am using the recommended Ifi iPower 9V supply bought together with the üR. I am also sometimes using the Uptone LPS-1 powered by a battery.

Ok that leaves the USB port on the uR to check. My TTs usb port got loose because of frequent insertion and wobbling of the rigid uspcb isoregen usbpcb ultrarendu stack.

2 hours ago, Distinctive said:

Thanks, but I really need to contemplate whether an RMA is worth the hassle.

I was about to sell it together with my DAC, but this is not possible.

I had really hoped for a firmware fix,

My üR was from the first batch delivery.

The hardware design has not changed so no worries there. Have you tried a new SD card from our site?

On 8/27/2018 at 5:03 PM, charlesphoto said:

I get this problem occasionally using the Bridge app to feed Roon to my Naim. Lots of restarts and it usually goes away but frustrating. 

The times I got this I re-did the link between Roon and Tidal and that seemed to work.

I know there are a few microRendu and ultraRendu user using it with the Chord Qutest DAC and LMS server.

Has anyone had issues playing DSD128 and DSD256?

i could play these with the same setup with the Chord 2Qute, but upgrading to the Qutest these files wont play. DSD64 works fine and even PCM at 384, but DSD128 and DSD256 appears to load the file but stays at 0 and wont actually play.

Any clues?

52 minutes ago, HumanMedia said:

I know there are a few microRendu and ultraRendu user using it with the Chord Qutest DAC and LMS server.

Has anyone had issues playing DSD128 and DSD256?

i could play these with the same setup with the Chord 2Qute, but upgrading to the Qutest these files wont play. DSD64 works fine and even PCM at 384, but DSD128 and DSD256 appears to load the file but stays at 0 and wont actually play.

Any clues?

I have the ultraRendu with the Qutest too and with DSD64 everything is working fine, but normally I convert all me music files to ALAC and then put them in iTunes before syncing with A+. Sorry, I don't have 128 or 256 files to try it for you. I also never use upsampling, or so, because the Qutest is doing his own trick about upsampling, I have read. So I am not lot of help for you...(but just my experience).

Ok problem solved with my LMS Server, Rendu to Chord Qutest high datarate DSD issues.

Here is the solution for others who may also encounter this.

Set DOP not Native DSD in the Squeezelight settings on the Rendu web interface.

And in the LMS Server Web interface, on the Advanced Tab, in the File types area, make sure that for .dsf and .dff are set to Native. All the FLAC containers should be set to DSDPlay, which mine were by default.

The key to was to change from (Native DSD) Disabled to Native (enabled).

If you don’t do this Native Disabled works for DSD64, but not higher DSD rates. Plus it’s confusing that you have to set it to Native on the server, but DOP on the rendu’s player.

Cootie Williams now playing in the background at DSD256. No issues now all DSD playing seemlessly and without the slightest issue.