IGNORED

Rendu Support Thread

I'm assuming that the microRendu is visible on the network. Try disconnecting the USB cable from both mR and DAC.Turn off DAC, reconnect USB cable and restart DAC.

Main System: [Synology DS216, Rpi-4b LMS (pCP)], Holo Audio Red, Ayre QX-5 Twenty, Ayre KX-5 Twenty, Ayre VX-5 Twenty, Revel Ultima Studio2, Iconoclast speaker cables & interconnects, RealTraps acoustic treatments

Living Room: Sonore ultraRendu, Ayre QB-9DSD, Simaudio MOON 340iX, B&W 802 Diamond

11 minutes ago, Theobetley said:

How do I check if Rendu is visible on network?

http://docs.sonore.us/microrendu/

Scroll down to bottom of page.

Main System: [Synology DS216, Rpi-4b LMS (pCP)], Holo Audio Red, Ayre QX-5 Twenty, Ayre KX-5 Twenty, Ayre VX-5 Twenty, Revel Ultima Studio2, Iconoclast speaker cables & interconnects, RealTraps acoustic treatments

Living Room: Sonore ultraRendu, Ayre QB-9DSD, Simaudio MOON 340iX, B&W 802 Diamond

1 hour ago, Theobetley said:

So I had a power outage but got all powered up again but I cant get connectivity from my uptone LPS1.2 powered microRendu to my dac. Tried     cycling my pc,      dac, roon and nogo. Any ideas?

Make sure your Dac is powered up and the LPS-1.2 has a green LED before you power up the mRendu, in other words don’t connect the output of the 1.2 to the mR until it’s power led is solid green. Hope that helps.

Mke

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having trouble getting Squeezelite on my microRendu to play files with greater resolution than 96/24. It's feeding into a Schiit Gugnir dac, which definitely goes up to 192, and I tested it by playing a 192 file through Jriver and the DLNA app, which works fine. But when I try to play anything >96 through Squeezelite (preferred over Jriver), the microRendu goes a little nuts -- no sound, and it stops responding to commands through the LMS web interface. (96 files sound great, btw.) I have to reboot the microRendu and sometimes unplug to regain control. These are all Flac files, the LMS setting is Flac native, and the LMS is on a Mac Mini connected by ethernet. Thanks for any advice. 

I have an UltraRendu with an LPS-1 that streams into a PS Audio Gain Cell DAC. I use Bubble DS on my Android to control MinimServer and my music files via an Acer laptop. This setup has been working flawlessly for over a year; today it stopped playing DSD files, just some low level noise is output. I've checked every option, and can get DSD playback from everything except the UltraRendu. Anyone else experiencing any issues?

I've rebooted, reinstalled the software, unplugged and replugged every connection. I can get DSD into the Gain Cell DAC from a couple of different setups, so I'm pretty sure that it's not the problem.

Tom

I have two issues I could could use some help with. I updated the software tonight on my MicroRendu (1.4) and now Lumin cannot find it at all. 

Secondly, the reason I updated the software was that I wanted to use the Shairware app and when I went to apps, it did not appear. It's also still not appearing after the software update. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

JC

On 9/27/2018 at 1:56 AM, TubeLover said:

I have two issues I could could use some help with. I updated the software tonight on my MicroRendu (1.4) and now Lumin cannot find it at all. 

Secondly, the reason I updated the software was that I wanted to use the Shairware app and when I went to apps, it did not appear. It's also still not appearing after the software update. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

JC

Go to Settings / MPD DLNA and select the LUMIN check box and press Save.

Shairport is user installed from Apps / Software Manager. 

17 hours ago, vortecjr said:

Go to Settings / MPD DLNA and select the LUMIN check box and press Save.

Shairport is user installed from Apps / Software Manager. 

Thanks Jesus, but when I do ask you suggest, all I get is this (and where it says Audio Device = USB output) and there is no Lumin box to check):

MPD / DLNA Renderer Settings

Player Name

Player name (leave blank for auto)

Audio Device

This audio device will be used for this player

Enable Direct DSD support
This will enable Direct DSD to your DAC instead of DoP. Your DAC must support Direct DSD to use this feature.
Save changes 
On 9/20/2018 at 10:27 PM, Tom Gibbs said:

I have an UltraRendu with an LPS-1 that streams into a PS Audio Gain Cell DAC. I use Bubble DS on my Android to control MinimServer and my music files via an Acer laptop. This setup has been working flawlessly for over a year; today it stopped playing DSD files, just some low level noise is output. I've checked every option, and can get DSD playback from everything except the UltraRendu. Anyone else experiencing any issues?

I've rebooted, reinstalled the software, unplugged and replugged every connection. I can get DSD into the Gain Cell DAC from a couple of different setups, so I'm pretty sure that it's not the problem.

Tom

We have an update coming next week that "might" help. 

3 hours ago, vortecjr said:

I assumed you had an updated unit. This may indicate a network issue. Press Save anyways. 

I 'm confused. My unit was upgraded to 1.4 by Small Green Computer a while ago, and I just recently updated it to the latest software. What update is it lacking?

Also, I did press save, and the unit rebooted, but nothing has changed. Here is the current page, which does not seem to indicate any network issues?

Music Servers 0

No Sonicorbiter OS based music servers found on your network.

Network players 1

Version: 2.6
Model: microRendu
IP Address: 192.168.1.142
MAC: D0:63:B4:00:EC:E7

How do I get Lumin to work again? I've been unable to listen to music for more than three days. Thanks for your assistance.

JC

4 hours ago, TubeLover said:

I 'm confused. My unit was upgraded to 1.4 by Small Green Computer a while ago, and I just recently updated it to the latest software. What update is it lacking?

Also, I did press save, and the unit rebooted, but nothing has changed. Here is the current page, which does not seem to indicate any network issues?

How do I get Lumin to work again? I've been unable to listen to music for more than three days. Thanks for your assistance.

JC

The 1.4 update was for hardware and not software.

Just in case go to Apps / Software Manager and Update the unit.

Then go to Settings / MPD DLNA and check off the Lumin box and press Save. 

20 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

The 1.4 update was for hardware and not software.

Just in case go to Apps / Software Manager and Update the unit.

Then go to Settings / MPD DLNA and check off the Lumin box and press Save. 

Thank you again, but I just updated to 2.6 the other night. Software manager tells me that is the current version. I lost the ability for Lumin to see the MicroRendu after that update completed and the unit rebooted.

JC.  

I’m having issues with my ultraRendu.

- I only get the green status like 80% of the time on power up. The other times is stays amber

- on the sonicorbiter.com web page it says my uR is connected even when it’s powered off

- I currently have the green status slight but I can’t access the user interface of the uR. 

Any suggestins?