IGNORED

Computer Storage - Best Practices

I am also not talking about measurements. It is about how one quickly dismiss another opinion without even trying it for themselves. This apply both ways. If you claim something is possible the show the evidence like What Mani did. SandyK is offering the tracks so why not we start from there? 

Just observe some if the threads here. Do you see a conclusion?  Remember Mani’s and Mansr thread about DAC blind tests? What can a newbie learn from that blind test? Can they now say Mani is right because his claim has not been debunked yet? 

BTW, it doesn’t mean I don’t believe in measurement. I was just sent this yesterday. 

“But you're still stubbornly immersed into your measurements. Similar to those who strongly believed in LS3/5a....”

The funny part is I too don”t believe in LS3/5A. :) 

medical practice is not a science - your surgeon will make that clear before he opens you up

modern medical practice is based on science (one reason audiophools are not admitted in any state)

you might benefit by starting with a cognitive psychology text - I posted one title on here a while back; you can then go take a look at what sensory labs are doing right now -- it will reinforce the need for blind testing

sorry about your tinnitus - it is one of many ailments that may mean you can get by with a lower quality system (to look on the bright side)

9 hours ago, kumakuma said:

If only things were this simple.

Many of us have downloaded and listened to his "identical but different" files and told him we could not hear any difference between them.

These negative results are then dismissed using one or more of the following explanations:

1. Your hearing isn't good enough.

2. Your system isn't good enough.

3. You didn't hear the differences between you don't have an open mind.

4. The differences disappear when the files are sent over the Internet. You need to listen to the CDs which Alex will only send you if he believes your system is good enough.

BTW, have YOU listened to his files?

I vaguely remember chatting with him or someone on his behalf.  I have no CD player to do the trial. But there was another golden opportunity to bust the myth in another claim which the objectivists dismissed them with the excuses just like Alex's which looks less credible to subjectivists. 

Even here, you only addressed one issue but ignored the 2Ms encounter which neither party wants to accept the results. Science failed? So how?

19 minutes ago, kumakuma said:

My understanding is that different software settings was the most probable cause of the differences in that test. I'm not sure how this is science failing.

No dispute there. I agree. I remember there was another thread started by @manisandher after @mansr visit to his place. Did we even have a conclusion to that? 

22 minutes ago, STC said:

No dispute there. I agree. I remember there was another thread started by @manisandher after @mansr visit to his place. Did we even have a conclusion to that? 

I don't think so.

This, of course, the best possible outcome as it allows everyone to continue to believe what they want. 👺

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

13 hours ago, kumakuma said:
  15 hours ago, STC said:

SandyK is offering the tracks so why not we start from there? 

Which post number was this in , or has this also been  removed ? :o

Re your items 1 to 3, I have no doubt whatsoever that these statements are 100 % accurate in YOUR case !

Note also that I have recently offered on several occasions to provide a new version BluRay disc with around 17 pairs of comparison .mp4 music videos on them, where you can not only hear the differences, you can see them as well, at the same time,  but as usual nobody is interested .

More recently , John Dyson gave highly detailed reports on the differences between several files that I supplied, but after realising that they had identical checksums, had the posts from me removed entirely, instead of just asking for the editing out of the personal stuff.

Nobody has disproved Mani's reports either, which are fairly similar to mine.

I have also been told in Rajiv's huge thread that I am preaching to the converted.:P

Why don't you stop dragging me into this, to have your buddies complain when I reply ?

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

31 minutes ago, manisandher said:

The 9/10 ABX result hasn't been debunked, and won't be

It has also not been confirmed, and won't be. A single test result proves nothing. That's all there is to say until substantial new information is obtained. Unfortunately, hauling my lab gear to your place isn't practical.

24 minutes ago, mansr said:

A single test result proves nothing.

"A single test result"? We conducted 10 ABXs.

"Proves nothing"? There was a probability of 1% by guessing alone.

It's a shame that we've reached this impasse, but such is life.

Mani.

Main: SOtM sMS-200 -> Okto dac8PRO -> 6x Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Tune Audio Anima horns + 2x Rotel RB-1590 amps -> 4 subs

Home Office: SOtM sMS-200 -> MOTU UltraLite-mk5 -> 6x Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Impulse H2 speakers

Vinyl: Technics SP10 / London (Decca) Reference -> Trafomatic Luna -> RME ADI-2 Pro

Just now, mansr said:

It doesn't have to be my gear. The problem is that Mani doesn't have any.

What do you need?

Main: SOtM sMS-200 -> Okto dac8PRO -> 6x Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Tune Audio Anima horns + 2x Rotel RB-1590 amps -> 4 subs

Home Office: SOtM sMS-200 -> MOTU UltraLite-mk5 -> 6x Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Impulse H2 speakers

Vinyl: Technics SP10 / London (Decca) Reference -> Trafomatic Luna -> RME ADI-2 Pro

24 minutes ago, mansr said:

It has also not been confirmed, and won't be. A single test result proves nothing.

Neither does apparently a series of 6 separate correctly set up Blind A/B/A, 3 minutes of each by a qualified E.E, with 8 repeats in each, and not using the same participants in all of them, to people like yourself.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

5 hours ago, manisandher said:

As for an explanation... Well, I suspect it is due to different noise profiles entering the DAC, 'on the back of' the digital signal. These different noise profiles then affect the DAC ever-so-slightly differently, at the point of digital-to-analogue conversion. No d-to-a conversion, absolutely no problem.

I can see this as a plausible explanation.

I would also like to highlight that this is completely different from what Alex is claiming  (identical files played under identical conditions sounding different on a consistent basis). 

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull