IGNORED

Euphony OS w/Stylus player setup and issues thread

11 hours ago, ASRMichael said:

type into your browser 192.168.1.10:8089 (replace IP with your device IP. It will take you to HQPlayer settings page. Same settings as desktop version.

User and password is euphony, euphony

I do all my settings here, and ignore euphony HQplayer settings. Once you update settings in HQplayer browser restart audio service and it will update Euphony HQplayer settings. 

I also update my license on HQplayer settings in browser, not using Euphony page settings

Awesome, thanks.

No electron left behind.

10 minutes ago, ASRMichael said:

Is Qobuz not working now in Euphony?

It works great in Euphony.

Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7s, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS with Durand Telos composite arm; SME 3012R arm, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2; Reel to Reel:  Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810, Studer A812, Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Custom PC (Sean Jacobs DC4/Euphony/Stylus)> Lampizator Pacific

On 11/11/2020 at 12:57 PM, bos3812 said:

I've a question for those who run Euphony in combination with Roon and Tidal. Has any of you playing music with one of the Roon possibilities (core, hqplayer, StylusEP, squeezelite) and got the error "this track is not currently available in Tidal"? This error is a very common topic on the Roon forums and a problem which is never fixed. I've approached Roon support but they point to Euphony or my network as cause of the error. I tried a lot to get rid of this problem but to no succes. Maybe someone has experience with this problem and can help me. I get this error 10 to 20 times a day when I want to play a song or album. When I play a whole album Roon skips the first song and play's the second song. A second or third attempt is mostly succesfull. It is an annoying error and the only way to play music without this error is play music with Stylus alone.

Exactly the same here.  It will put up the unavailale message in orange letters, then withdraw it, even as the song loads and plays just fine. It does it on auto-advancements to the next song in Radio, or when the right-triangle is pressed to go to the next song. If you press the right-triangle again and again, it does not put up the message. I asked Zelco about it, and he said its a Roon issue. Rebooting and such does not help at all.

10 hours ago, ASRMichael said:

Is Qobuz not working now in Euphony?

What?

I cant find a way to listen to Qobuz without using Roon. Is there another way?

Is there a manual someplace that lays out how to do stuff? That would be incredibly convenient.

edit: Google helped. I swear I had tapped on “My Music” before and nothing happened. 

but now...

001BD8B9-328D-46D6-A584-2A6F3025AC95.jpeg

No electron left behind.

On 11/11/2020 at 12:57 PM, bos3812 said:

I've a question for those who run Euphony in combination with Roon and Tidal. Has any of you playing music with one of the Roon possibilities (core, hqplayer, StylusEP, squeezelite) and got the error "this track is not currently available in Tidal"? This error is a very common topic on the Roon forums and a problem which is never fixed. I've approached Roon support but they point to Euphony or my network as cause of the error. I tried a lot to get rid of this problem but to no succes. Maybe someone has experience with this problem and can help me. I get this error 10 to 20 times a day when I want to play a song or album. When I play a whole album Roon skips the first song and play's the second song. A second or third attempt is mostly succesfull. It is an annoying error and the only way to play music without this error is play music with Stylus alone.

I have had Roon do that on every platform and OS I have tried it on. It’s definitely a Roon issue despite their attempts to shift blame. 

No electron left behind.

8 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

I have had Roon do that on every platform and OS I have tried it on. It’s definitely a Roon issue despite their attempts to shift blame. 

Hi AudioDoctor, thanks for your answer. I am still analyzing where to find the cause. Yesterday evening I listened music very late and to my surprise I had not any error. Do you still have this problem or did you unsubscribe to Roon?

10 hours ago, bos3812 said:

Hi AudioDoctor, thanks for your answer. I am still analyzing where to find the cause. Yesterday evening I listened music very late and to my surprise I had not any error. Do you still have this problem or did you unsubscribe to Roon?

Try this.

1 Listen at off peak internet use hours for problem (2 AM to 6 AM)

2. listen at  peak Internet use hours for problem. (evenings 8PM - 1AM)

I'm suspecting you may find peak congestion times for Internet use are linked to the issue.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

11 hours ago, bos3812 said:

I have a lifetime license to Roon, so I will probably be using it for a very long time. I have no idea what the cause is, and it may even be down to some vagaries of the world wide web for all I know. All I know is I have the exact same problem occasionally across all platforms.

No electron left behind.

32 minutes ago, bobfa said:

I have seen this happen, rarely.  I would suggest that you also look at the DNS servers setup in your Router.  I would suggest that you NOT use the ones supplied by your iSP.

You might try using this :  https://www.grc.com/dns/benchmark.htm

I am using AdGuard DNS servers for network wide protection against things kids dont need to see, ads, etc... and I still have this problem.

No electron left behind.

54 minutes ago, davide256 said:

Try this.

1 Listen at off peak internet use hours for problem (2 AM to 6 AM)

2. listen at  peak Internet use hours for problem. (evenings 8PM - 1AM)

I'm suspecting you may find peak congestion times for Internet use are linked to the issue.

That was also my first thought but I realized myself that playing music with Stylus itself is flawless, but I will test it in a few houres.

38 minutes ago, bobfa said:

I have seen this happen, rarely.  I would suggest that you also look at the DNS servers setup in your Router.  I would suggest that you NOT use the ones supplied by your iSP.

You might try using this :  https://www.grc.com/dns/benchmark.htm

Sadly my ISP provided me with a modem/router where I can't change DNS. At this moment (10.30 PM local time) the "this track is not currently available in Tidal" error is driving me crazy. 50% of the songs goes wrong. Strangely enough not every day is the same. It seems show up randomly. Difficult to track the cause down. 

18 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

I am using AdGuard DNS servers for network wide protection against things kids dont need to see, ads, etc... and I still have this problem.

I just google “problems with AdGuard DNS” quite a few issues with Sonus, YouTube etc. Have you tried turning it off to see if it’s that is causing the issue? 

Since Roon uses it's own Tidal database and Euphony uses public Tidal API it is possible that Roon servers are overworked. Just guessing though... Otherwise it doesn't make sense that Stylus never has these problems if it is a matter of general internet congestion.

2 hours ago, c-w said:

Since Roon uses it's own Tidal database and Euphony uses public Tidal API it is possible that Roon servers are overworked. Just guessing though... Otherwise it doesn't make sense that Stylus never has these problems if it is a matter of general internet congestion.

I encounter this problem with Stylus too. So not only a Roon issue.