IGNORED

Euphony OS w/Stylus player setup and issues thread

7 minutes ago, dminches said:

I was playing a 16/44.1 file and then went to a 16/48 file.  No click.

My experience has been that this is always the DAC.  One of my DACs doesn’t like changes in sampling frequency.  I don’t get a pop but I have to cycle through the inputs to get it to re-lock on the signal.

Did you try other sample rate, like 192K and 176.4K ? I will check with the DAC manufacturer (one being Lampizator in my case) and see what they have to say but I suspect they will point it as Linux issue.

1 minute ago, Dev said:

Did you try other sample rate, like 192K and 176.4K ? I will check with the DAC manufacturer (one being Lampizator in my case) and see what they have to say but I suspect they will point it as Linux issue.

I just tried a 192k file.  No click.  I have a Lampizator Pacific.

Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7s, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS with Durand Telos composite arm; SME 3012R arm, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2; Reel to Reel:  Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810, Studer A812, Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Custom PC (Sean Jacobs DC4/Euphony/Stylus)> Lampizator Pacific

1 minute ago, dminches said:

I just tried a 192k file.  No click.  I have a Lampizator Pacific.

Ok, thanks. Do you know if it uses Amanero or the JL Sound USB receiver ? I remember my Denafrips Terminator had the same issue and a firmware update resolved it.

Just now, Dev said:

Ok, thanks. Do you know if it uses Amanero or the JL Sound USB receiver ? I remember my Denafrips Terminator had the same issue and a firmware update resolved it.

It uses JL Sound.

Drop Fred a line and see what he says.

Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7s, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS with Durand Telos composite arm; SME 3012R arm, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2; Reel to Reel:  Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810, Studer A812, Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Custom PC (Sean Jacobs DC4/Euphony/Stylus)> Lampizator Pacific

Just so that others might find it useful too - the new ethernet offline time function can be adjusted. It defaults to the length of the playlist and it's easy to miss the field beside the play button that allows you to insert an alternate time in minutes for the offline function.

For my longer playlists - I set it to 10min or so and click Play, usually timing it to end in between tracks 

Hi everyone, I am following your 3d with interest and I downloaded the trial version of Euphony and I was very satisfied with the sound compared to Daphile with double pc and I would like to ask you some questions, apologizing if in the long course of 3d they have already been asked:

1) I would like to install the final version on a 32gb Optane, is it big enough?

2) I have a Pinkfaun i2s bridge, is it compatible with Euphony?

3) Has anyone tried the dual PC configuration, are there any benefits for the sound?

4) Are there any differences in sound when using PCs with higher performing hw?

Thank you so much

9 minutes ago, maxst67 said:

See answer below each question

Hi everyone, I am following your 3d with interest and I downloaded the trial version of Euphony and I was very satisfied with the sound compared to Daphile with double pc and I would like to ask you some questions, apologizing if in the long course of 3d they have already been asked:

1) I would like to install the final version on a 32gb Optane, is it big enough?

Yes

2) I have a Pinkfaun i2s bridge, is it compatible with Euphony?

I use Pinkfaun USB card, I also know Nenon has used the i2s bridge whilst using Euphony

3) Has anyone tried the dual PC configuration, are there any benefits for the sound?

Yes, I have two licenses. For me It depends how good your power supply is. Good LPS = 1 box solution. standard PSU or LPS then maybe two box is better solution

4) Are there any differences in sound when using PCs with higher performing hw? broad question, depends

Thank you so much

What is the process for moving a license to a new net card?  I am upgrading to the JCAT XE.

2 minutes ago, ASRMichael said:

Open a support ticket on Euphony site and ask for new key based on new hardware fingerprint

And where do I get the fingerprint?  Does Euphony produce it?

Right now I'm having trouble starting up with the trial version. It boots but does not finish the installation and on the monitor it shows that it loads the program but the message EUPHONY never appears and I cannot connect. I also tried to reformat the key but nothing. What am I doing wrong?

8 minutes ago, maxst67 said:

Right now I'm having trouble starting up with the trial version. It boots but does not finish the installation and on the monitor it shows that it loads the program but the message EUPHONY never appears and I cannot connect. I also tried to reformat the key but nothing. What am I doing wrong?

Do you have another usb drive? That happened to me before, then worked when I changed pen drive

Can anyone recommend or have a good experience with a prebuilt fanless PC for Euphony Stylus. I don’t upsample so suspect I may not need the most robust PC but maybe one with a fast base speed to minimize latency. My old Mac Mini processor only runs around 15-20%. Been looking at onlogic PC’s such as an I3-7100u. Thanks.

19 minutes ago, sjj said:

Can anyone recommend or have a good experience with a prebuilt fanless PC for Euphony Stylus. I don’t upsample so suspect I may not need the most robust PC but maybe one with a fast base speed to minimize latency. My old Mac Mini processor only runs around 15-20%. Been looking at onlogic PC’s such as an I3-7100u. Thanks.

I have spare NUC7i7DNBE that I am selling and can be used with a fanless case. If interested, PM me.

Hello All

I apologise if I am throwing in a couple of dumb questions! I have a 30 day Euphony Stylus OS trial. After battling my way through installation on an older Macbook Air Euphony runs stably and what I hear is REALLY, REALLY good! I so much more like its sound than Roon.

However, before buying a permanent license (which I think I'll do), I have a few questions that I am struggling with.

Firstly, the trial version seems to run Roon server, but I cannot access it via Roon remote on my iPad. Has the trial version only limited access to Euphony's OS?

Secondly, with the fully licensed version, does Roon server sound the same if I'd run it on its own on a Mac, or does Euphony take over to generate just the sound I so much like? Maybe I am just running Stylus on its own with my trial version, without the involvement of Roon?

Thirdly, once I have a fully licensed version, if I store Euphony locally on my Mac, I understand that it'll overwrite the hard disk. So I'll end up with a Mac running Arch Linux for Euphony? The reason I want to do so is that I have only two USB ports on my Mac: one holds the library on an external SSD, the other port is connected straight to my Devialet.

Thanks for helping a newbie with Euphony Stylus!

Regards

On 1/13/2021 at 9:44 PM, dminches said:

What is the process for moving a license to a new net card?  I am upgrading to the JCAT XE.

Look forward to your opinion about improvements in sound with a good network card and the latest version of Euphony playback, especially if offline mode is selected.

I am finding that this latest Jan version is offering a better sound even without offline mode selected. Having used HQP over Stylus previously, for this latest Euphony version I am considering moving to Stylus for all playback the sound being so good.

10 minutes ago, maxst67 said:

Sorry for the question but what is the license for? Can I, for example, transfer Euphony to different PCs I have at home? Otherwise, if the PC where it is installed breaks down, what happens, do I have to buy a new license? thanks

Yes, you email Euphony for new license. The previous one will stop working.