IGNORED

Euphony OS w/Stylus player setup and issues thread

9 minutes ago, bobfa said:

Anyone know Euphony can format a new drive installed into the machine.  I am putting a 4tb drive into my server and I think I have to format it before I install it.

You can format both un-formatted and formatted drive with Euphony. Click on the "..." on the far right on the drive you want to format.

922261059_ScreenShot2020-11-06at4_01_18PM.thumb.png.3e4bb2eb49eb319ac27cfe224ec5da34.png

11 hours ago, edwardsean said:

Upsampling to higher sample rates does not automatically mean better sound. Actually, it's the opposite for the basic filters that come with most apps. Unnecessary upsampling will only make the sound worse, and the further you get from the source frequency the more error you introduce.

The computationally heavy algorithms implemented in HQP and Mscaler are incredibly complex and are of a different nature. They don't only increase the sample rate, but attempt to reconstruct the original waveform. So, in their case the more samples you can give it the more accurate they become. 

Unfortunately, the readily available sampling filters (e.g., SoX) are not free/cheap ways to mimic the results of HQP/MSc. It's not their purpose/design. You want to use them only for simple corrections: 48KHz to 44.1KHz. 

That makes perfect sense. Thanks Edwardsean!

It really does suck that Euphony updates change the hardware signature for HQPlayer embedded. Waiting now to get an updated license key, backing out of

the update didn't take me back to the prior signature. Wish the two would work together to correct this... a software update shouldn't change a hardware signature

(probable HQPlayer coding weakness) and reverting to prior Euphony version should restore prior state completely (probable Euphony backout defect). At this point

I'm going to start doing a backup OS disk image once I have the updated HQPlayer key since Euphony revert doesn't do a clean back out, that way I can minimize

HQPlayer use interruptions.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

10 hours ago, davide256 said:

It really does suck that Euphony updates change the hardware signature for HQPlayer embedded. Waiting now to get an updated license key, backing out of

the update didn't take me back to the prior signature. Wish the two would work together to correct this... a software update shouldn't change a hardware signature

(probable HQPlayer coding weakness) and reverting to prior Euphony version should restore prior state completely (probable Euphony backout defect). At this point

I'm going to start doing a backup OS disk image once I have the updated HQPlayer key since Euphony revert doesn't do a clean back out, that way I can minimize

I had a similar experience 2 weeks ago. The end result was that I had Euphony installed initially while disabling Wifi/Bluetooth on my motherboard, and I bought HQPLaye embedded licence with this configuration.  

I then reset the BIOS to default, and forgot to turn off Wifi/Bluetooth.  With this minor differences, HQPlayer will treat them as different hardware with different IDs.  I reverted to turning off Wifi/Bluetooth, then everything was back normal again.  This may be one scenario for you to consider?  (By the way, Jussi and I exchanged several emails trying to resolve this, he was super patient and helpful, two thumbs up!)

14 hours ago, davide256 said:

That's strange. My HQPlayer fingerprint has never changed after any Euphony update. 

Euphony (NUC7DNKE: Roon or Stylus) --> Euphony EP (NUC7CJYH: Roon Bridge or NAA or StylusEP) --> Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (I2S) -->

Euphony (NUC7DNKE: Roon) --> WS 2019 Core (i7-8700: HQPlayer, JPLAY Femto, Roon Bridge, MinorityClean) / Matrix Audio Element H --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (USB) --> B & M Prime 6

Synology DS 112+ (LMS) --> pi3B+/HifiBerry Digi + Pro (PiCorePlayer) --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (SPDIF) -->  

bedroom: pi3/DigiOne (RoPieee) --> S.M.S.L M500 --> KRK Rokit 5 or AKG 712 Pro

9 hours ago, Randomrunner said:

I had a similar experience 2 weeks ago. The end result was that I had Euphony installed initially while disabling Wifi/Bluetooth on my motherboard, and I bought HQPLaye embedded licence with this configuration.  

I then reset the BIOS to default, and forgot to turn off Wifi/Bluetooth.  With this minor differences, HQPlayer will treat them as different hardware with different IDs.  I reverted to turning off Wifi/Bluetooth, then everything was back normal again.  This may be one scenario for you to consider?  (By the way, Jussi and I exchanged several emails trying to resolve this, he was super patient and helpful, two thumbs up!)

nope,  no bios changes made since Jussi provided an updated key for replacement NUC. Was aware of the Wifi issue, had run into it with other software, so its

staying enabled.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

6 hours ago, davide256 said:

nope,  no bios changes made since Jussi provided an updated key for replacement NUC. Was aware of the Wifi issue, had run into it with other software, so its

staying enabled.

How long did it take to get a replacement license? How did you contact him? I have the same issue after doing a software upgrade on my Antipodes server. 

Any suggestions on how to back up/restore Euphony optane boot drive? Waiting for an M.2 NVME drive to arrive that I want to swap in and clone

the image to. I do have a PC with an unused M.2 slot, could try cloning the Optane disk to an SSD then clone/expand it back when the NVME drive arrives.

Not sure if my cloning software will work with an M.2 slot though.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

Dave,

You should be able to just install the M.2 in your server and then from the Euphony menu install the OS directly onto the M.2. I have done that multiple times.  I do not have my server running right now so I cannot grab a screenshot...

You can pull down the Euphony manual to see how to do this.

bob

22 minutes ago, bobfa said:

Dave,

You should be able to just install the M.2 in your server and then from the Euphony menu install the OS directly onto the M.2. I have done that multiple times.  I do not have my server running right now so I cannot grab a screenshot...

You can pull down the Euphony manual to see how to do this.

bob

Does this copy the license information which is tied to the network card?

I would like to be able to clone my OS m.2 as well in case something goes wrong.

Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7s, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS with Durand Telos composite arm; SME 3012R arm, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2; Reel to Reel:  Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810, Studer A812, Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Custom PC (Sean Jacobs DC4/Euphony/Stylus)> Lampizator Pacific

I've a question for those who run Euphony in combination with Roon and Tidal. Has any of you playing music with one of the Roon possibilities (core, hqplayer, StylusEP, squeezelite) and got the error "this track is not currently available in Tidal"? This error is a very common topic on the Roon forums and a problem which is never fixed. I've approached Roon support but they point to Euphony or my network as cause of the error. I tried a lot to get rid of this problem but to no succes. Maybe someone has experience with this problem and can help me. I get this error 10 to 20 times a day when I want to play a song or album. When I play a whole album Roon skips the first song and play's the second song. A second or third attempt is mostly succesfull. It is an annoying error and the only way to play music without this error is play music with Stylus alone.

having some difficulties with Euphony & embedded HQPlayer, learned this today when I found fingerprint had changed between requesting and receiving new key

1. Had not been using wifi but while waiting for key, had  logged it in. When I removed SSID/PSSWD info
    in Euphony, get msg “wifi disabled”

2. No change to HQPlayer fingerprint until I disabled HQPlayer, at which point the desired prior fingerprint appeared
    and license key was accepted

So Euphony is disabling wifi if no SSID/psswd is present, which in turn causes change to HQPlayer fingerprint

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

3 hours ago, bobfa said:

Dave,

I have not done what you are talking about.  My process, during testing, was to run on USB and then install to the M.2 Optane using the Euphony Software itself after installing the m.2 drive.   I never bothered to back it up.  The setup is so simple that I never felt the need.

If the NVME drive works out, I’m going to want to reimage at some future point from 1TB to 2TB. It’s part of my process when setting up a machine with apps to complete the build and save an image for quick recovery

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

The Euphony hardware fingerprint generation algorithm seemed to have changed couple of times. The last time it changed because I changed the NIC on my server. If the fingerprint changes for whatever reason, Euphony will reassign the license to the new one (just email them) and the old fingerprint will be invalidated. The license is only active for a single fingerprint at a given moment.