IGNORED

Article: CA is now Audiophile Style!

3 minutes ago, mourip said:

I also wish everyone all best in the New Year! And I especially want to thank Chris for the great site. 

I guess that that I will be the odd man out here but I think that what makes CA(AS?) stand out is that it is really the best site on the web for pursuing computer related audio topics. Nothing else comes close.  I hope that the focus continues to be computer related advances otherwise there is a lot of competition for the regular audiophile meanderings.....

ps. I almost did not sign back in this morning as I thought that the site has been hacked/pranked 🙂

Don’t worry a bit. I’m a computer audiophile to the core. We’ll always be the hub for CA topics and products. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

A quick note on the new logo. 

I wasn’t happy with using an existing font and tweaking it a little bit. So, I had the new name Audiophile Style hand painted by an artist who used to hand paint NHRA dragsters back when all the graphics were real paint, not vinyl. We digitized the original hand painted artwork to create the one of a kind logo above. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Thanks for the kind words and honest feedback so far. This site wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for all of you. I value all opinions. You guys have forgotten more than I’ll ever know. 

Last time we had a major site change, as @Superdad mentioned, all hell broke loose. I prepared myself well in advance this time. I can’t please everyone all the time, but I promise to steer the ship in the right direction. 

I think 99.9999% of you will like the added content in addition to more digital articles. Most of us have audio systems that require speakers, cables, and amps and could use a different take on those products. Well, except for the cables. We don’t review cables.

24 minutes ago, rando said:

Art?

I thought this was a commissioned and legally registered company logo. Something that placed ability to be digitally rendered within the constraints of a web environment as a primary concern.  A formal statement of what this business is and how others can expect it to conduct itself. 

My apologies to anyone else who felt appraisal of it in that vein was discomfiting.

No discomfort here. Perhaps you like reading into things far more than the average guy?

where do you get this from - “formal statement of what this business is and how others can expect it to conduct itself”

Wow!

If you don’t believe a commissioned logo is a work of art, I can’t help you. 

3 minutes ago, BattleScarze said:

Can we change the style of these comments to appear first, instead of last...most people want to see the latest comments first...kinda like UHF Magazine where readers always went to the last past first. 

This can be done, but it's a wholesale change for everyone on all topics. I won't make the change unless I can figure a way to make it user selectable.

Just now, JJinPDX said:

Well, nah, I don't like the change. I used to belong to a online stereo group that was all about high end, from stereos to watches to cars, on and on. I got quite sick of the whole "style" thing, even though there was great input on music and gear by a few core folks. From a biz perspective, yes, good to move off of what at first seems a narrow "geek" perspective, but I hope you and others here stay true to the essentials, namely pushing the envelop and helping everyone find enjoyable listening at all levels of income and taste. Having said that, I recognize that going from a blog to a full business is tough, and I applaud what is happening. All the best to everyone! 

JJinPDX  

Thanks for the feedback. Don't worry about us becoming more about style than substance. To us, style is all about the way in which we do things. For example, right now I'm researching small single board computers that support Windows so I can try some leading edge renderers. The only style about that is that it's the way an audiophile / music aficionado would do it :~)

40 minutes ago, rhmmmm said:

I’m going to be blunt because I want to help you. “Audiophile Style” is not a creative name. It’s bland and generic. To be specific, in my case, I no longer feel a sense of excitement when I visit the site where I did previously. I don’t think anyone would be disappointed if you changed the name soon either back to Computer Audiophile or something better. I’m sure you can come up with something from the suggestions already made. 

Change is good.

Bad change is not good.

This is a bad change (in my opinion as an end consumer of your content).

No worries about being blunt and honest. I respect you for that. 

I disagree 100% but that’s OK. 

P.S. Thanks for contributing to the site since 2010.