IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

18 hours ago, curtpenn said:

I've been happily streaming Tidal HiFi for about a year now and using it via Apple Car Play since last summer when I bought a new car. I spend almost 2 hours per day commuting, so integration into my car's sound system is probably my top priority - regardless of the whole MQA debate. I would consider switching to Qobuz if I could still control my playlists while driving through my steering wheel controls as I do now with Tidal and Car Play. Anyone have any experience with this?

Hi,

Our iOS application can now be use with Car Play but only for local music.

Regards

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

54 minutes ago, David Craff said:

Hi,

Our iOS application can now be use with Car Play but only for local music.

Regards

So this brings up a question. What does "local music" mean?

Is this music that you have made the choice "Add to Library" in Roon or music that you have purchased through Qobuz or music for which you have chosen the "Offline" option? For that matter what does "Add to Library" in Roon mean when you are viewing a Qobuz offering?

I am pretty sure that you do not mean music on your IOS device that you put their by other means like a CD rip?

"Don't Believe Everything You Think"

System

9 minutes ago, mourip said:

So this brings up a question. What does "local music" mean? Is this music that you have made the choice "Add to Library" or music that you have purchased through Qobuz? For that matter what does "Add to Library mean?

I am pretty sure that you do not mean music on your IOS device that you put their by other means like a CD rip?

Local music is :

- Music in cache when you listen it, but the cache size is not expending, so it's work in fifo mode (first in is first out)

- Music that you decided to import

Purchased music is not local music and purchased music can't be download from iOS App.

@David Craff

I just got accepted to Qobuz Beta USA. I tried to sign up with my email address as instructed but the site insists on redirecting me to the French site. I assume this is because I once had a "French" Qobuz account. I don't want the French account anymore at all. I've written to Qobuz support about this, but haven't yet gotten an answer. I assume you guys are pretty busy at support these days.

I also tried adding Qobuz to my Roon setup. It works, I can see "my" albums, but I can't stream anything. All streaming attempts through Roon fail. I can stream through the Qobuz app on both my tablet and PC, but not through Roon on either platform.
Is my failure to be able to stream due to my "conflicting" accounts? The Roon site has other users with a similar problem, BTW.
I'll PM you my email address on file at Qobuz, maybe that will help you answer.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

7 minutes ago, firedog said:

@David Craff

I just got accepted to Qobuz Beta USA. I tried to sign up with my email address as instructed but the site insists on redirecting me to the French site. I assume this is because I once had a "French" Qobuz account. I don't want the French account anymore at all. I've written to Qobuz support about this, but haven't yet gotten an answer. I assume you guys are pretty busy at support these days.

I also tried adding Qobuz to my Roon setup. It works, I can see "my" albums, but I can't stream anything. All streaming attempts through Roon fail. I can stream through the Qobuz app on both my tablet and PC, but not through Roon on either platform.
Is my failure to be able to stream due to my "conflicting" accounts? The Roon site has other users with a similar problem, BTW.
I'll PM you my email address on file at Qobuz, maybe that will help you answer.

Hi,

Sorry but I can't manage kind of issue with Qobuz Beta USA or account, you must wait our customer support answer or you can contact us at this email too [email protected]

Regards

Okay, thanks anyway. I did just try logging on through Roon with my old "French" account, and that works. So obviously that is part of the issue.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

2 hours ago, firedog said:

@David Craff

I just got accepted to Qobuz Beta USA. I tried to sign up with my email address as instructed but the site insists on redirecting me to the French site. I assume this is because I once had a "French" Qobuz account. I don't want the French account anymore at all.

Had a similar experience signing up to be on the mailing list for the US launch some time ago, then thanks to @The Computer Audiophile getting the opportunity to be part of an initial beta test group here. That initial beta had to be run through the UK site, and when I tried to sign in with the same email I'd put on the mailing list, I was invariably directed back to the US  "Coming Soon" site.  I imagine this is a measure to prevent duplicate accounts.

For me the solution was relatively simple, as my service level with my email provider allows the use of multiple domain names. For those who don't have this alternative there is of course customer service. I also noticed an option in the Qobuz account settings to forever revoke membership, but I was concerned that would be true of all countries where Qobuz does business.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

3 hours ago, David Craff said:

Hi

Sorry for this issue, gapless will be fix today in the v5.0.2 release. This new release is also available for Web Player and will come in few hours for desktop. Hope you will enjoy the new design for release, playlist and artist page.

Regards

Updated to 5.0.2, and will test. I'm hoping the Windows app gets a bit less resource-intensive too. I still like the Qobuz app and service better, but on very very slow machines (like Celeron) the Tidal app is more zippy.

Everyone wants to date my avatar.

5 hours ago, David Craff said:

Thanks to all and to Qobuz USA Team

Gender redesign has been underway for some time. It is a rather long work because it is necessary to manage well the gender correspondences between those of the suppliers and those of Qobuz.

In addition to that, I need to see if it is possible to offer a more advanced gender navigation, beyond the first level for our applications.

Regards

Hi David - 

Just to avoid any future confusion (or possibly auto-"correct" errors) :) :

- Gender is male or female.

- Genre (no accent on the final e for us English speakers) is classical, blues, rock, etc.

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

32 minutes ago, Jud said:

Hi David - 

Just to avoid any future confusion (or possibly auto-"correct" errors) :) :

- Gender is male or female.

- Genre (no accent on the final e for us English speakers) is classical, blues, rock, etc.

My bad, sorry

4 hours ago, David Craff said:

Hi

Sorry for this issue, gapless will be fix today in the v5.0.2 release. This new release is also available for Web Player and will come in few hours for desktop. Hope you will enjoy the new design for release, playlist and artist page.

Regards

Thanks very much!  Updated the app and testing again with this magnificent recording from BIS (I know it well, as I own the Hybrid SACD and listen to it often!):

https://open.qobuz.com/album/7318599918501

It's playing perfectly now!

请教别人一次是5分钟的傻子,从不请教别人是一辈子的傻子

45 minutes ago, David Craff said:

My bad, sorry

Not at all.  Let he/she who has made no English or auto-correct errors cast the first stone!  :)

More seriously, I'm quite delighted with my experience of the service so far. I never thought I would care for a streaming service, but this one I don't want to be without.

4 hours ago, firedog said:

Okay, thanks anyway. I did just try logging on through Roon with my old "French" account, and that works. So obviously that is part of the issue.

If you can log in with it you can delete it completely.  There's an option someplace, I've done it before. 

I'd try to help you if I hadn't already completely deleted mine. 

Roon Rock->Auralic Aria G2->Schiit Yggdrasil A2->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301 Monos->Wilson Audio Sabrinas

@Jud- how did I know you were going to correct him??!! BTW an Eric Benoit at Qobuz support USA got my USA account all set up same email address user name and I was able to change over from PayPal to my credit card-have office hours now will let you all know how it works- hopefully as good as my French STUDIO account which was spectacular on ROON for the 2 days I had it.

Both this Eric and @dmackta were positively wonderful-never have got that type of support from any other service or player ever.

Speaking of players A+3 integrated very well without a hitch for USA Qobuz I will know more later this pm when I check it out in detail but even the HiRes albums show as 24/96 in upper right hand corner of A+3 page and  24/176 in the upper left corner for my ME2 DAC  

bobbmd

7 hours ago, David Craff said:

Local music is :

- Music in cache when you listen it, but the cache size is not expending, so it's work in fifo mode (first in is first out)

- Music that you decided to import

Purchased music is not local music and purchased music can't be download from iOS App.

Still confused about this. I have unlimited data so I stream music through my iPhone both at home to an Airport Express and mostly while in the car through Car Play (mostly because I prefer Waze for navigation and can only use it through Car Play). I believe Tidal also allows me to download and save to my iPhone, but I've never needed to use that since I have unlimited data streaming via cell phone.

3 hours ago, Jud said:

Not at all.  Let he/she who has made no English or auto-correct errors cast the first stone!  :)

More seriously, I'm quite delighted with my experience of the service so far. I never thought I would care for a streaming service, but this one I don't want to be without.

As another one of the initial beta testers, I'd have to heartily agree with Jud!

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz

17 minutes ago, curtpenn said:

Still confused about this. I have unlimited data so I stream music through my iPhone both at home to an Airport Express and mostly while in the car through Car Play (mostly because I prefer Waze for navigation and can only use it through Car Play). I believe Tidal also allows me to download and save to my iPhone, but I've never needed to use that since I have unlimited data streaming via cell phone.

Same thing in Qobuz. The iOS app is compatible with CarPlay, and with it you can stream or you can import to your Offline Library for offline listening. That library is not the same as a library of purchased downloads, which you would own even if you deleted your app and closed your account.

Everyone wants to date my avatar.

11 hours ago, firedog said:

I just got accepted to Qobuz Beta USA. I tried to sign up with my email address as instructed but the site insists on redirecting me to the French site.

I don’t think that matters.  Simply login using your US credentials and you should be redirected to the US site.

HQPlayer (on 3.8 GHz 8-core i7 iMac 2020) > NAA (on 2012 Mac Mini i7) > RME ADI-2 v2 > Benchmark AHB-2 > Thiel 3.7