IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

I have issues with the A&K SR25 and even the latest (Sept. 13 2021) app version. Two particular albums get imported, de imported, and re imported for offline use, and never show up in the offline album list. Most of the albums so far do. It must be a bug of some sort.

During importing, there are lots of errors where the app seemingly can't keep up with the downloads, and some tracks never get downloaded, so I have to finish the album later. In general, I feel the importing of albums issue the worst/less refined feature of Qobuz compared to all the alternatives. I understand slow downloads for HiRes files,  but CD quality downloads (imports for Qobuz, not purchases downloads) are much more easy and seamless with the other competitors such as Deezer and Amazon HD (I am not including Tidal as I am no longer considering them an option.) I am a trial subscriber, and am hoping Qobuz works for me. But the bugs and cumbersome aspect of importing albums is disappointing. 

Sound is great when everything is working well. I appreciate the Hires files, as there often are minute differences to appreciate.

There may be memory leaks as the app is more prone to slowdowns and track stoppage when doing too many things at the same time. Again, rarely the case with the other apps. 

Please accept my apologies if all of this has already been covered. I tried to search for these issues to no avail.

Stay safe, and enjoy your music.

14 hours ago, Talisman said:

I'm listening to Qobuz via the desktop app in the latest build of Windows 10 (updated as of today), through a Fiio K3 USB DAC in WASAPI (not Exclusive).

When waking the PC from sleep, or when rebooting the PC, or when reopening Qobuz, I see that Qobuz has switched to ASIO mode and frozen itself, along with disabling the rest of the PC's sounds. This happens maybe every other time.

When this happens, I can manually switch Qobuz back to WASAPI and restart Qobuz, and then everything works as normal for a while.

How can I keep Qobuz from switching to ASIO mode? I've already uninstalled and reinstalled the latest K3 driver, uninstalled and reinstalled Qobuz, deleted all Windows temp files, cleared the Qobuz cache, run the Windows Audio troubleshooter, and switched to another USB port. I also uninstalled Tidal just in case, but Tidal doesn't have this problem.

If I don't use the Qobuz desktop app, I have no sound problems whatsoever through the K3 DAC.

Hi, I need to check your issue but can you try to set your Fiio as the default audio output in Windows. Normally, the desktop application chooses the default audio output of the OS when launching.

Regards

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

2 hours ago, David Craff said:

Hi, I need to check your issue but can you try to set your Fiio as the default audio output in Windows. Normally, the desktop application chooses the default audio output of the OS when launching.

Thanks for the quick reply. I forgot to add in my post that I checked several times, and the FiiO is the default audio output in Windows. I'm a Windows expert (I know, everybody says that), and I've done the proper troubleshooting. I will add that if I uninstall the driver and reconnect the FiiO, it does work perfectly driver-free at USB 1.1 (instead of USB 2.0), but then its resolution tops out at 24-bit/96KHz. Whether or not I can hear the benefit of 24-bit/192KHz, I just want to get what I'm paying for.

I will also add that the FiiO driver works fine with all other apps, including Tidal, and until recently, it worked fine with Qobuz.

Too many bugs with offline imports. Just now went outside home, and the track from the album I just imported last night stopped playing because I left the wifi area. "No internet connection". Wasn't that the point of offline imports? The third track plays offline. The first two are no longer imported and need to be re imported to the release.

I feel "it's Astell & Kern's fault, not ours" is not a proper solution to be offered. This does not happen with the other streaming apps. It's an unique problem to Qobuz and makes it look very bad and "amateurish", even if the best people are working on your software. Also saying "do not import then" does not solve anything, or help Qobuz help themselves so they better compete with their peers.

Yes, I am a bit upset, but do not take it personally. I can imagine that had I already paid a yearly subscription, I would be really mad at this. It feels incomplete. If it does not work properly, a beta asterisk note should be added to the offline imports part of their ad ("still being implemented" or something similar.)

Or perhaps a note added that Qobuz does not work well with mobile DAP players due to their general nature of being on and offline quickly. Until the app stops getting confused by being online and offline, Qobuz is nearly unusable. Since I have my own CDs and do not purchase digital media (I prefer physical), the buying part serves no purpose to me. I rather have a special edition CD and booklet I can touch. Old debate, I know, and what I intend to discuss. My point is that Qobuz should ideally work well on the road, not just an streaming platform at home, especially if it is to compete with their peers.

In short, my criticism *means well*, and I do not hate Qobuz and their team. It is just that these issues keep me from enjoying and making a final decision about choosing Qobuz for the long run.

Be well.

(It could be that the app told me the album was successfully imported when it wasn't, rather than the magic online-offline track vanishing. In any case, the app should let us know if there were errors importing, rather than claim the album was successfully imported. To find out when actually offline is pretty bad! There may be lag and miscommunication between several parts of the software.)

Just confirmed the first two tracks of an album that was working offline yesterday just "disappeared" from offline availability, and need to be re imported to the album. It is not just a matter of improper importing. They imported successfully but disappeared from the album, either when attempted offline again, or some time before that 

Anyone that would not find that to be inappropriate? Any help is appreciated, but I think the software is faulty. Wish it was "my fault" or "user error".

No hostility intended. Glad that it works fine for many.

25 minutes ago, starace said:

Glad that it works fine for many.

When I reed the issues some have, I start wondering what the optimum solution for Qobuz connection is? Personally I run Qobuz via a router and an ethernet network to a Lumin U1Mini and then a dac, for streaming and from a NAS for my own files.

In my garden and in my car I stream from my cellphone via Bluetooth (up to 16/44,1 but in my car max MP3). I never hade any failures (yet). It should be interesting to se a flowchart from Qobuz what kind of option the software is build for. Can it also be regional differences? Most of my friends in Scandinavia has switched to Qobuz and we are surprised over the bad experiences some are facing. 

I do not use Bluetooth-just a stubborn thing, prefer cables, but no offense to those who do use it. I do not do activities that warrant Bluetooth use for most people either.

I used to drive eons ago, but since I am in NYC, I commute all the time. It is there that Qobuz breaks down the most for me-though earlier today, just going outside home "deleted" two tracks from an earlier downloaded album. Then on the subway, the first two tracks also disappeared, showing a "no internet connection available" message-and it was working fine on the subway yesterday after several re-imports. The no longer offline files need to be replaced once again.

It's as if the cache of tracks is bugged in some way, wrongly deleting them for no obvious reason. I cannot trust that any given album will properly function next time it's accessed offline.

Perhaps the sudden transition to online to offline while in use messes up the current version of Qobuz's software. 

Addendum: it *just deleted another imported album's 1st track while accessing it on the subway, offline.* I am sorry to say it's just unacceptable. The track was properly downloaded and has been listened offline many times. It's really badly coded software, or a very buggy new version.

Do not want to be negative-more, just want the issues to go away.

On 9/3/2021 at 10:39 PM, Talisman said:

For the first time, I decided to download a 28-song playlist at CD quality via Wi-Fi for offline listening. My iPhone 12 Pro Max was roughly 10 feet from a router on a 500Mbps fiber connection at the time. But via the Qobuz app, I never got faster than dialup speeds, even though Speedtest said I was downloading at 508Mbps.

I gave up after 10 songs had been downloaded in an hour (as you probably know, the screen has to be awake for the downloads to continue). I tried again this morning: same result. This small playlist was a test run, as my favorite playlist has 181 songs and that would've been next. The test run obviously failed.

I tried downloading the same playlist with the Tidal app at Master Quality, and each track downloaded in a few seconds.

Is anyone else experiencing similar slowness?

iPhone 12 speed test.png

This has been happening to me ever since update 6. 

This is the download speed that i get when running on Android with apk version 5.20.0.1. I could reach up to 10Mbps on downloading tracks. Doing this on a test playlist of 67 tracks, it download all tracks in less than 5 minutes. 

4FC3C57D-1DA8-41D9-982F-9958CAC0E588.thumb.jpeg.e67df50c301de99c6a460f1f6c03f86c.jpeg

On the latest app version, apk 6.3.0.1, downloads are slow, i’d be lucky if i hit 5mbps on downloads. This is the way it behaves with everything version 6. The test playlist of 67 tracks finished downloading in 30 minutes. I have been testing on multiple android devices, it seems that none of them could download as fast as version 5.20.0.1

89581640-5E3C-42F7-8CA9-4598EC748F74.thumb.jpeg.270ee96db80d45427815b00a8c1b78ef.jpeg

22 hours ago, starace said:

Addendum: it *just deleted another imported album's 1st track while accessing it on the subway, offline.* I am sorry to say it's just unacceptable. The track was properly downloaded and has been listened offline many times. It's really badly coded software, or a very buggy new version.

Do not want to be negative-more, just want the issues to go away.

Would be decisive if one was able to isolate what disconnect is responsible.  Exact element present in other apps your A&K appears to remove in order to maintain core functionality when running Qobuz. 

Even if you've lost interest 'in a New York minute.' 

1 hour ago, rando said:

Would be decisive if one was able to isolate what disconnect is responsible.  Exact element present in other apps your A&K appears to remove in order to maintain core functionality when running Qobuz. 

Even if you've lost interest 'in a New York minute.' 

On the contrary, have been trying to make it work. It ruined 4 albums in less than an hour this morning during my commute. The issues do not stop.  Keeps deleting files at random when offline. It may not matter when I leave online to offline. As long as it is offline, the following two error messages occur "Error. Could not complete the operation" and most critically, "Internet connection not available" (meaning the offline track was deleted, no longer accessible, and needs to be re-imported.)

Happens with Qobuz 6.3.0.1 running alone, never happens with all other apps whether alone or with a busy Android environment.

(It's not about New York or New Yorkers. If you do not like the City fine, but it's not related to Qobuz or issues with its software. Been trying too hard to make the app work well. It's nit lack of effort on my part. These errors should not happen whatever your views on New York or a "fast life" are.)

3 minutes ago, starace said:

On the contrary, have been trying to make it work. It ruined 4 albums in less than an hour this morning during my commute. The issues do not stop.  Keeps deleting files at random when offline. It may not matter when I leave online to offline. As long as it is offline, the following two error messages occur "Error. Could not complete the operation" and most critically, "Internet connection not available" (meaning the offline track was deleted, no longer accessible, and needs to be re-imported.)

Happens with Qobuz 6.3.0.1 running alone, never happens with all other apps whether alone or with a busy Android environment.

(It's not about New York or New Yorkers. If you do not like the City fine, but it's not related to Qobuz or issues with its software. Been trying too hard to make the app work well. It's nit lack of effort on my part. These errors should not happen whatever your views on New York or a "fast life" are.)

Same thing has happened to me ever since version 6 dropped. Across multiple updates, and testing between some android phones and DAPs i will have import errors, missing tracks. 

For now i am remaining on apk version 5.20.0.1 as it is still the most stable version for me in terms of download speeds and tracks not getting removed randomly. Try using that version instead, it might help. 

Hoping app functionality improves but seeing as we’re on 6.3.0.1 now it doesn’t seem likely it will get close to 5.20.0.1 stabilty.

3 minutes ago, alpha Q said:

Same thing has happened to me ever since version 6 dropped. Across multiple updates, and testing between some android phones and DAPs i will have import errors, missing tracks. 

For now i am remaining on apk version 5.20.0.1 as it is still the most stable version for me in terms of download speeds and tracks not getting removed randomly. Try using that version instead, it might help. 

Hoping app functionality improves but seeing as we’re on 6.3.0.1 now it doesn’t seem likely it will get close to 5.20.0.1 stabilty.

Will try when I return gome to my own wifi connection. Would be a pity to leave a good stream service over horrible software implementation (not a personal attack, but imagine all potential subscribers they may have lost already due to this?) Hoping for the best!

I fear you misunderstood my use of the term "New York minute" as derogative.  When it was meant to imply an immediate solution may not be stored in the head of a member here.

Verbally take me to task for stepping into the void if you must.  It isn't impractical to inquire if you have taken some common sense steps at some point between your first and latest message.  

Best of luck

51 minutes ago, starace said:

Will try when I return gome to my own wifi connection. Would be a pity to leave a good stream service over horrible software implementation (not a personal attack, but imagine all potential subscribers they may have lost already due to this?) Hoping for the best!

48 minutes ago, rando said:

I fear you misunderstood my use of the term "New York minute" as derogative.  When it was meant to imply an immediate solution may not be stored in the head of a member here.

Verbally take me to task for stepping into the void if you must.  It isn't impractical to inquire if you have taken some common sense steps at some point between your first and latest message.  

Best of luck

Sorry for misconstruing your intent. It was a combination of my own frustrations with the software, and typed online statements not always conveying the proper nuances. I must apologize and thank you for intending to help.

I will indeed try the older versions later today to see if I can stick to Qobuz. Wonder what will be "lost" by switching to the more stable V5 version.

Take care, and sorry once again for the belligerent tone.

V 5.20.0.1 working well *so far*, the missing albums which never registered as offline imports now appear in the list. It seems V6 is currently broken as far as my SR25 is concerned, and not stable enough. Slower, "leakier", was just a bad experience. Thanks so much for the great suggestion. Just thought the latest version would be "better". Everything looks similar, just snappier, so I am not sure what new features does V6 add. Let's see if I do not get any vanishing tracks...

If this works, I may indeed stick with Qobuz. :)

Hello. Something is not working with the search engine. If I search for 'Mozart Perahia' I am not shown this release and if I search for 'Haydn Leipziger' I am not shown this among a whole bunch of other releases for this search. Please fix whatever is broken as it is difficult to enjoy your great service when the search engine doesn't show relevant results. Regards and thanks in advance.

13 hours ago, Polyglot said:

Hello. Something is not working with the search engine. If I search for 'Mozart Perahia' I am not shown this release and if I search for 'Haydn Leipziger' I am not shown this among a whole bunch of other releases for this search. Please fix whatever is broken as it is difficult to enjoy your great service when the search engine doesn't show relevant results. Regards and thanks in advance.

Hi,

For your search "Haydn Leipziger" the release you linked is only available for download. There is no streaming rights so the search engine for application, can't find it.

For your search "Mozart Perahia" I can find the release you linked in the search result. Can you give me more information, witch application, your store etc...

Regards

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

On 9/16/2021 at 7:59 PM, starace said:

V 5.20.0.1 working well *so far*, the missing albums which never registered as offline imports now appear in the list. It seems V6 is currently broken as far as my SR25 is concerned, and not stable enough. Slower, "leakier", was just a bad experience. Thanks so much for the great suggestion. Just thought the latest version would be "better". Everything looks similar, just snappier, so I am not sure what new features does V6 add. Let's see if I do not get any vanishing tracks...

If this works, I may indeed stick with Qobuz. :)

I've rolled back to 5.2 one day after 6.x rolled out as well. I watch this thread every time I get a notification. Waiting patiently for a new stable version to hit. Stay with the 5.xx version until dev's sort it out. Hopefully next update we get will bring remote feature. ;)

43 minutes ago, jedijimi said:

I've rolled back to 5.2 one day after 6.x rolled out as well. I watch this thread every time I get a notification. Waiting patiently for a new stable version to hit. Stay with the 5.xx version until dev's sort it out. Hopefully next update we get will bring remote feature. ;)

I had to go to V5.19.1.2 for my SR25, because 5.20 was much better than 6, but for ultimate "never lose an imported track" reliability, that is the version I had to go with. I lost a few tracks with 5.20, but always lost them with 6. Haven't lost any in days since installing the one A&K recommended (V5.19.1.2). 

That said, for non A&K users, perhaps 5.20 is the best!

I am almost sure I am keeping Qobuz now, but the software could be better-even the best version for the SR25 I am currently using. Hopefully I am able to truly upgrade versions in the future without those nasty bugs.

10 hours ago, David Craff said:

Hi,

For your search "Haydn Leipziger" the release you linked is only available for download. There is no streaming rights so the search engine for application, can't find it.

For your search "Mozart Perahia" I can find the release you linked in the search result. Can you give me more information, witch application, your store etc...

Regards

I didn't realize the Leipziger Streichquartett recordings weren't available for streaming on Qobuz. When you click on the artist all the recordings appear and they are indeed available on other services.

The Perahia recording still doesn't show up correctly. I am using the Qobuz official app in the U.S.. It is peculiar because if you begin writing out the search terms it appears as the most popular release, however if you type out 'Mozart Perahia' completely the recording disappears, so it only shows up if you write something like 'Mozart Perahi' - without the final 'a'.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Nowhere is it clearly stated how to reset the master volume. No google search helps. I do not want any artificial digital boost of the signal. I accidentally lowered it and cannot find a way to reset it to the "standard". I can move the slider-I am not referring to that. Maximum was not the original setting. Is there a default setting anywhere? A simple answer should be more easy to find. Need the standard player volume, without Qobuz adding or taking away output.