IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

There are plenty of other places to discuss your personal attitudes, moods, reactions, and produce outrageous editorials. 

On 7/26/2018 at 7:34 AM, The Computer Audiophile said:

As the title says, this thread is for Qobuz issues. 

6 hours ago, rando said:

There are plenty of other places to discuss your personal attitudes, moods, reactions, and produce outrageous editorials. 

When Chris wants to tell us that, he can. I don't think you are Chris.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

For the first time, I decided to download a 28-song playlist at CD quality via Wi-Fi for offline listening. My iPhone 12 Pro Max was roughly 10 feet from a router on a 500Mbps fiber connection at the time. But via the Qobuz app, I never got faster than dialup speeds, even though Speedtest said I was downloading at 508Mbps.

I gave up after 10 songs had been downloaded in an hour (as you probably know, the screen has to be awake for the downloads to continue). I tried again this morning: same result. This small playlist was a test run, as my favorite playlist has 181 songs and that would've been next. The test run obviously failed.

I tried downloading the same playlist with the Tidal app at Master Quality, and each track downloaded in a few seconds.

Is anyone else experiencing similar slowness?

iPhone 12 speed test.png

So much wrong with metadata across the board. All this and much more showing up in the Sade discography. Can’t remember it being this bad? 

@David Craff I believe it was back in spring you mentioned there would be a big update this summer which would add a proper “connect” function (not Airplay or Bluetooth) and better library management (individual categories for albums, EPs, etc). Would you have any updates on this for us? 

*EDIT* Forgot to add the very choppy scrolling experience on my iPhone - so bad it makes me nauseous :)

The non existent scroll memory (back takes you top of page) which works as expected on the iPhone should also be implemented in the desktop version of the app. 

Many thanks. 

24F9D4A0-5C98-4D86-962F-C5D7BB7C0096.png

10 hours ago, RBO said:

So much wrong with metadata across the board. All this and much more showing up in the Sade discography. Can’t remember it being this bad? 

@David Craff I believe it was back in spring you mentioned there would be a big update this summer which would add a proper “connect” function (not Airplay or Bluetooth) and better library management (individual categories for albums, EPs, etc). Would you have any updates on this for us? 

*EDIT* Forgot to add the very choppy scrolling experience on my iPhone - so bad it makes me nauseous :)

The non existent scroll memory (back takes you top of page) which works as expected on the iPhone should also be implemented in the desktop version of the app. 

Many thanks. 

24F9D4A0-5C98-4D86-962F-C5D7BB7C0096.png

Hi,

The feature for better connect like Spotify or Tidal is on study. And a better discographie for artist is on develop. The deadline for this last one is for the end of the year.

For the scroll memory, this one is also in progress, we have installed the basics and will gradually move all pages to the new management

Regards

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

50 minutes ago, David Craff said:

Hi,

The feature for better connect like Spotify or Tidal is on study. And a better discographie for artist is on develop. The deadline for this last one is for the end of the year.

For the scroll memory, this one is also in progress, we have installed the basics and will gradually move all pages to the new management

Regards

Many thanks for the quick reply David 👍

On 8/6/2021 at 8:39 AM, The Computer Audiophile said:

Qobuz only has the single from Sue Foley’s Album The Ice Queen. Everyone else has the entire album. 

This missing track/album situation seems to be getting worse instead of better with time. My Qobuz subscription is set to renew September 24. I'm teetering on the fence...

On 8/13/2021 at 9:39 AM, maramara said:

Anyone else having the latest app version for iOS crashing often while playing? It's already 3 times in the past hour for me.

I've already rebooted the phone with the "hard reset" method.

No crashes but, while streaming a playlist, the app hangs and freezes when it gets to a song that has left the service, something that happens all too often recently.

On 9/3/2021 at 2:08 PM, rando said:

The obvious checklist (fully turning off and restarting phone, clearing cache(s), stopping all apps, checking for updates that took full control, etc.) was performed?  

Oh yeah, you bet. I did all that stuff. But it shouldn't be necessary. As stated, Tidal downloaded the same playlist in seconds without me having to perform any troubleshooting. In fact, none of the above was necessary to download tracks from trials of Tidal, Amazon Music HD, or Apple Music Lossless.

Hello,

I've been using my Qobuz studio account through BubbleuPnP on ANdroid and Lumin on iPad as control points.
I stream Qobuz to a moode player with DLNA. 

It udes to wrok well on still works with BubbleuPnP but with Lumin on iOS, i only stream files on MP3 320 kbps.
I don't have any  settings on Lumin regarding the stream Quality and actually never did.

If i stream the same track through Bubble UpnP, the files is streamed Hi-Res.

I don't understand.

Can somebody help ?

On 9/3/2021 at 3:39 PM, Talisman said:

For the first time, I decided to download a 28-song playlist at CD quality via Wi-Fi for offline listening. My iPhone 12 Pro Max was roughly 10 feet from a router on a 500Mbps fiber connection at the time. But via the Qobuz app, I never got faster than dialup speeds, even though Speedtest said I was downloading at 508Mbps.

I gave up after 10 songs had been downloaded in an hour (as you probably know, the screen has to be awake for the downloads to continue). I tried again this morning: same result. This small playlist was a test run, as my favorite playlist has 181 songs and that would've been next. The test run obviously failed.

I tried downloading the same playlist with the Tidal app at Master Quality, and each track downloaded in a few seconds.

Is anyone else experiencing similar slowness?

iPhone 12 speed test.png

Measuring on Chrome I can see it's capped at ~800Kbps which is ridiculous. I guess it's a way to save some money from useless data when people start a song and skip without listening to it completely, like when youtube now only loads some seconds of the video instead of buffering it all like they did more than 10 years ago. It's a real pain to see a 2 minutes mp3 song taking 6 seconds to load.

@David Craff  I’m not sure what’s going on, but lately I’m having a lot of issues, even downloading files I purchased.

I keep trying to download this EP, Miguel Migs – Sensations (feat. Andy Allo). (See Screen Shot #1.) 

I prefer to download the files in TAR format, but I keep receiving “Bad Request.” (See Screen Shot #2.)

If I try to download the files individually, I get a 404 Server Error. (See Screen Shot #3.)

I also purchased another album and the first five tracks of Disclosure’s “Never Enough”. I even had trouble downloading these tracks as individual TAR files.

Does Qobuz have Miguel Migs’ Sensations? Is there something going on server side?

Screen Shot #1.png

Screen Shot #2.png

Screen Shot #3.png

21 hours ago, maramara said:

Measuring on Chrome I can see it's capped at ~800Kbps which is ridiculous. I guess it's a way to save some money from useless data when people start a song and skip without listening to it completely, like when youtube now only loads some seconds of the video instead of buffering it all like they did more than 10 years ago. It's a real pain to see a 2 minutes mp3 song taking 6 seconds to load.

I have no issues with buffering on any device. My post was about downloading streaming tracks for offline listening. But The Computer Audiophile's recent hack on downloading tracks in the background while other tracks are playing is a good one! I'm downloading a big playlist right now while my iPhone screen is asleep. Yes, it's taking forever, and yes, it's a workaround when downloads should be faster, but it's a good enough workaround for me. Thanks, Computer Audiophile!

I'm listening to Qobuz via the desktop app in the latest build of Windows 10 (updated as of today), through a Fiio K3 USB DAC in WASAPI (not Exclusive).

When waking the PC from sleep, or when rebooting the PC, or when reopening Qobuz, I see that Qobuz has switched to ASIO mode and frozen itself, along with disabling the rest of the PC's sounds. This happens maybe every other time.

When this happens, I can manually switch Qobuz back to WASAPI and restart Qobuz, and then everything works as normal for a while.

How can I keep Qobuz from switching to ASIO mode? I've already uninstalled and reinstalled the latest K3 driver, uninstalled and reinstalled Qobuz, deleted all Windows temp files, cleared the Qobuz cache, run the Windows Audio troubleshooter, and switched to another USB port. I also uninstalled Tidal just in case, but Tidal doesn't have this problem.

If I don't use the Qobuz desktop app, I have no sound problems whatsoever through the K3 DAC.