IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

Agreed, the term is audio resolution, not bitrate. Plus the pedant in me insists on the bit & kHz symbols being placed beside the appropriate values for completeness. 😀

Talking about bitrate - why should playback displays even bother mentioning it for lossless audio files, anyway?

Certainly not the uncompressed bitrate, if compressed lossless audio files are being network streamed, in the case of network bandwidth use being of interest in a streamer.

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

I like Qobuz for its catalogue; I have no interest in Hi Res.

However I have problems with it on my phone. My phone is my source of music when away from home and where, very often, I have no signal. So I Import in Quality all my playlists; each playlist is an album. For CDs I own I rip and play these in PowerAmp on my phone.

However several times recently I have had to power off my phone. This removes all my Import in Quality data. I then have to re import; painful with over 100 playlists.

Is there a way to backup the Imports so I can add them back to the SD card when a
I power up the phone.

59 minutes ago, athegn said:

I like Qobuz for its catalogue; I have no interest in Hi Res.

However I have problems with it on my phone. My phone is my source of music when away from home and where, very often, I have no signal. So I Import in Quality all my playlists; each playlist is an album. For CDs I own I rip and play these in PowerAmp on my phone.

However several times recently I have had to power off my phone. This removes all my Import in Quality data. I then have to re import; painful with over 100 playlists.

Is there a way to backup the Imports so I can add them back to the SD card when a
I power up the phone.

I have many albums imported / offline in Qobuz and they are there after reboots. Something is up with your phone or process. 

Why create playlists for albums when you can just offline the album?

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

• 2 weeks later...

I've been enjoying Qobuz Studio streaming for five months now and I like having access to so much (but definitely not all) of the music I'm curious or hankering to hear but not to buy. It's worth the $15 a month I'm paying here in the US, even though I had to make a one-time $75 expenditure on Audirvana to enjoy Qobuz streaming without the various bugs that apparently will never get fixed on the Windows Qobuz app.

But there are frustrations, like today when I went to play Tracey Thorn's Solo Songs and Collaborations compilation, only to find that about two thirds of the 34 tracks on the two-CD album cannot be played because of licensing restrictions. Guess if I want to hear that whole album I would have to buy it as a CD-quality download for $25.49 (or better yet, order a used CD copy with booklet, notes and everything for around $10 on Discogs).

I can understand when a whole album would be unavailable for streaming, but it's somewhat mystifying that on a legit compilation album released on a label which is under the corporate umbrella of UMG, where they acquired rights from many sources to release tracks on a compilation CD, the same rights would not apply to the album on a streaming service. But that's the music business.

Anyway, this is not an "issue" per se. I'm just sayin' it's something I don't like about music streaming.

"Let the great constellation of flickering ashes be heard..."   ~ Noel Scott Engel

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Richter Di said:

Just updated to Qobuz 5.8.0.1 on my FiiO M11 Android.

After it did not started at all, I deleted the app from my Fiio M11. 77 GB of download data gone.

Re-installed it and tried it again. Still does not come up. So if you own an Fiio M11 do not update on the new version. Complete failure.

@David Craff  Any hope?

Hi,

Maybe you can try this version https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.qobuz.music

This one contains Instabug. You can also make a screenshot and we will get lot's of information about the issue from your device and the application.

Regards

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

7 hours ago, David Craff said:

Hi,

Maybe you can try this version https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.qobuz.music

This one contains Instabug. You can also make a screenshot and we will get lot's of information about the issue from your device and the application.

Regards

Thanks! Will try. 

BTW I had reset my complete FiiO M11 and cleaned the SD card and still I had after several tries to version 5.3.1 before it worked.

7 hours ago, David Craff said:

Hi,

Regards

Okay I entered the Test program. How do I get the update? Do I have to update before via the Google Play Store to the not working version?

7 hours ago, Richter Di said:

Okay I entered the Test program. How do I get the update? Do I have to update before via the Google Play Store to the not working version?

@David Craff Got it. On the positive. This app starts quickly on the FiiO M11. On the negative - for a moment - all the music I downloaded yesterday (approx. 60 hours 44.1 16 bit) is gone after the update. 

Thank you so much for reaching out. Really hope this one is the charm.

7 hours ago, Richter Di said:

@David Craff Got it. On the positive. This app starts quickly on the FiiO M11. On the negative - for a moment - all the music I downloaded yesterday (approx. 60 hours 44.1 16 bit) is gone after the update. 

Thank you so much for reaching out. Really hope this one is the charm.

Ok great, if you have new issue, please take a screenshot with your Fiio. This action will send us crash log to help us.

Regards

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

Hi there, I am a recent Qobuz subscriber and I cast from the iOS app to the Chromecast Audio attached to my hifi system.

The casting works great other than the Qobuz iOS app "forgetting" about the cast after a few minutes of the app being closed. When I reopen the Qobuz iOS app, it has ostensibly disconnected from the CCA and begins playing on the phone instead (meanwhile the CCA is still streaming the requested audio perfectly). I know the issue is with the Qobuz app and not the CCA since the Google Home app on my phone shows the correct song currently playing on the CCA including album art, volume, etc. It's just the Qobuz app itself which malfunctions. This is very frustrating.

I tried Qobuz support but they were not helpful. If anyone here knows a resolution to this issue let me know!

Thanks,

Brent

On 4/29/2020 at 3:09 PM, David Craff said:

Ok great, if you have new issue, please take a screenshot with your Fiio. This action will send us crash log to help us.

Regards

Hi @David Craff, everything works- again a big thank you - with one small exception. I have quite often 1-second pauses in songs. Every 30 minutes or so. How do I send this to the tec team?

On 4/29/2020 at 10:25 PM, wertygrog said:

Hi there, I am a recent Qobuz subscriber and I cast from the iOS app to the Chromecast Audio attached to my hifi system.

The casting works great other than the Qobuz iOS app "forgetting" about the cast after a few minutes of the app being closed. When I reopen the Qobuz iOS app, it has ostensibly disconnected from the CCA and begins playing on the phone instead (meanwhile the CCA is still streaming the requested audio perfectly). I know the issue is with the Qobuz app and not the CCA since the Google Home app on my phone shows the correct song currently playing on the CCA including album art, volume, etc. It's just the Qobuz app itself which malfunctions. This is very frustrating.

I tried Qobuz support but they were not helpful. If anyone here knows a resolution to this issue let me know!

Thanks,

Brent

This problem also occurs for me from Windows 10. I also get a bewildering message:

"The current session on chromecast is not synchronizable with the player, do you still want to start listening?" (see attached screenshot)

Easily-repeatedly, and for years. It's a strange problem:

• As you say, Qobuz support seem to be completely unable to understand the problem. I reckon the few people I spoke with have no idea at all what a Chromecast is.
  • When I reported it here before, there was no interest. No one else seemed to have noticed the problem.
  • But someone was interested in telling me that I shouldn't use Windows.

So, years later, it is disappointing that such a potentially attractive way of connecting from a PC (or Mac) to a DAC - and at 96k/24bit - is such a massive distraction from getting on and just listening to some music.

I would be grateful if at least @David Craffcould explain the error message please, and perhaps why is doesn't work and if there's any workaround. Or, in what limited circumstances it does work?

chromecast error message.jpg

On 4/29/2020 at 11:25 PM, wertygrog said:

Thanks,

Brent

I have the exact same problem casting from iPhone via Qobuz iOS app to ordinary chromecast(not CCA)...small problem relative to what’s happening in the world. But frustrating  nonetheless. 

iMac - iTunes(AIFF) - Squeeze 7.9- QOBUZ flac streamer - Vodafone Revolution Router - Transporter - Pathos Classic One MkIII - JM/Focal Daline 3 - dhLabs & Xindak xlr cables - Mapleshade header and footers - AppleTV3

I’ve just bought a Sublime+ subscription with a billing address in Spain and it all works great here in Spain. Will I be able to use the same account when I’m in the UK?

System (i): Stack Audio Link > Denafrips Iris 12th/Ares 12th-1; Gyrodec/SME V/Hana SL/EAT E-Glo Petit/Magnum Dynalab FT101A) > PrimaLuna Evo 100 amp > Klipsch RP-600M/REL T5x subs

System (ii): Allo USB Signature > Bel Canto uLink+AQVOX psu > Chord Hugo > APPJ EL34 > Tandy LX5/REL Tzero v3 subs

System (iii) KEF LS50W/KEF R400b subs

System (iv) Technics 1210GR > Leak 230 > Tannoy Cheviot

23 minutes ago, Richard Dale said:

I’ve just bought a Sublime+ subscription with a billing address in Spain and it all works great here in Spain. Will I be able to use the same account when I’m in the UK?

It should work. You might have to login by hand on the web page.

There also may be some albums that won't appear in one country vs. the other. 

A VPN can also help deal with these issues.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

1 minute ago, firedog said:

It should work. You might have to login by hand on the web page.

There also may be some albums that won't appear in one country vs. the other. 

A VPN can also help deal with these issues.

OK, thanks. I don't want to use a VPN but I expect to login with my username and password in the UK. I wouldn't expect my subscription to fully work in somewhere like the USA, because of the very different copyright regime to Spain, but I was hoping that different parts of Europe would have a more compatible copyright regime.

System (i): Stack Audio Link > Denafrips Iris 12th/Ares 12th-1; Gyrodec/SME V/Hana SL/EAT E-Glo Petit/Magnum Dynalab FT101A) > PrimaLuna Evo 100 amp > Klipsch RP-600M/REL T5x subs

System (ii): Allo USB Signature > Bel Canto uLink+AQVOX psu > Chord Hugo > APPJ EL34 > Tandy LX5/REL Tzero v3 subs

System (iii) KEF LS50W/KEF R400b subs

System (iv) Technics 1210GR > Leak 230 > Tannoy Cheviot