IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

@David Craff I opened up the web player this morning and went to change some account settings.  Namely to change the email connected to my account.  Clicking on the "Modify My Account" button takes me to the screen posted below instead of the usual login.  I usefully closed two popup boxes to make clear what loaded underneath.  

This is not a time critical behavior in my case.  The music never stopped playing.  An email provider locked me out, negligibly under the guise of security, to gain information I will not willingly share.  

image.thumb.png.485f7397be80b8f487daf204d23c6170.png

18 minutes ago, rando said:

@David Craff I opened up the web player this morning and went to change some account settings.  Namely to change the email connected to my account.  Clicking on the "Modify My Account" button takes me to the screen posted below instead of the usual login.  I usefully closed two popup boxes to make clear what loaded underneath.  

This is not a time critical behavior in my case.  The music never stopped playing.  An email provider locked me out, negligibly under the guise of security, to gain information I will not willingly share.  

image.thumb.png.485f7397be80b8f487daf204d23c6170.png

Thanks, I will correct this.

Regards

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

Would it be possible to add a 'copy link' option to the share menu? Android system sharing had been updated over the years but Qobuz seems to be using jellybean era sharing dialogue, making it quite difficult to share in some context.

Another thing that's a bit frustrating is that when clicking on either an album link or play link on an Android phone, especially from Facebook, the Qobuz app is not invoked, but it tried to open Chrome and then complains about the size of the screen too small. Qobuz app should be made to open these links directly, just like Spotify or YouTube.

I've been exploring artists all morning, and it's frustrating in Qobuz, unlike my other music app. Performing a search for an artist such as Special EFX, for example: Under "Main Artist," four albums are listed. Not one is the album that dropped last week. I have to click "See all releases," then look around.

The new album is the eighth one listed. The order of releases is completely random--not alphabetical or chronological. 

I know, another first-world problem, but listing album releases is a basic function.

By the way, if I click on the artist name from one of their tracks or releases, it goes to a proper chronological listing of releases. So the info is properly there, I just can't get there from a search.

20 minutes ago, Stereo said:

Talisman is right albums should be listed in chronological order at the very least as well as possibly separating compilations and ep’s and singles.

Ideally, yes. But assigning chronological order would be kind of confusing given the fact that the year given with any given album may correspond with the original release date, a later CD reissue date, a more recent digital download release date, and anything in between. Look at any album with multiple versions and see how many different dates there are.

I would rather see them get the actual titles of albums right in every case, because there are albums such as Joni Mitchell's Hissing of Summer Lawns which do not even bear a proper title.

Despite the many flaws and shortcomings, I'm enjoying finding old and new musical delights and adding albums to my download cart in many cases (especially albums which for some reason or other have missing tracks in the streaming version so you have to buy the download to hear all the tracks on the album).

"Let the great constellation of flickering ashes be heard..."   ~ Noel Scott Engel

I'm very thankful to Audirvana, which serves as my desktop app for Qobuz streaming playback, because with the persistent bugs in the Qobuz Windows desktop app, I'd have cancelled my subscription by now. I still go back to the Qobuz app occasionally because I get more relevant search results there than when searching Qobuz in Audirvana, and I like the fact that I can mouse down to the Qobuz icon in my taskbar to view the current song playing. But every time I've tried to listen to this Joy Division album on the Qobuz app it hangs on the second track and will not play, yet it plays the whole album w/o interruption in Audirvana.

Someone wrote that they could see the price of an album for download purchase within the Qobuz app, but I can't find it anywhere. If I want to check the price I have to go to the Qobuz store website.

"Let the great constellation of flickering ashes be heard..."   ~ Noel Scott Engel

2 hours ago, Tinnitus Andronicus said:

Someone wrote that they could see the price of an album for download purchase within the Qobuz app, but I can't find it anywhere. If I want to check the price I have to go to the Qobuz store website

Open the full page album view in Qobuz desktop. Look at the left hand side below the cover art.  You will see a number of icons ( play, add to favourites etc.). One looks like a bag;  a shopping bag. That is the buy icon click that and the prices for the album in various formats is displayed. Click the price and you will be taken to the store to complete your purchase.

47 minutes ago, bos said:

What about Ireland ?

I would have imagined that price changes to the UK service would be reflected in the other European services albeit in euro or other applicable currency. BTW, not only have prices dropped but there are now only two plans; Studio Premier and Sublime+.

It should be easy to check as you may have received an email notifying the changes and providing a link to renew your existing subscription with a credit against any remaining time (for  Sublime+). You could also just check the Qobuz home page for Ireland as, if the change applies there, it should now display the new rates.

5 hours ago, goon525 said:

I’ve just had a UK offer to renew on the ‘Studio Premier’ plan at £150 pa, so it looks like the American price reduction is becoming universal. I can’t think of any reason not to take them up on it.

I am on Studio Premier and was thinking about upgrading to Sublime but cannot seem to find the price on the site, in US dollars for US subscribers. Please tell me this and also is there an exact percentage discount on download purchases, so I can try to do the math and see if it is advantageous for me to upgrade, given the number of downloads I'm buying.

4 hours ago, PAR said:

Let's see if David Craff can add any information.  In the meantime I wouldn't lose hope over this. It is possible that Qobuz are phasing the price/plan changes across the other 10 European countries currently served by them over a period in order to avoid creating a huge amount of administration in one hit.

Ireland is not yet impact by this price change. I can't give you more information about other country. Sorry

1 hour ago, Tinnitus Andronicus said:

I am on Studio Premier and was thinking about upgrading to Sublime but cannot seem to find the price on the site, in US dollars for US subscribers. Please tell me this and also is there an exact percentage discount on download purchases, so I can try to do the math and see if it is advantageous for me to upgrade, given the number of downloads I'm buying.

The price is the same for UK and US

image.png.60ff92b07681c4eec592365bf085058e.png

@Tinnitus Andronicus @David Craff also if you are currently a Studio customer that page it will automatically subtract what's left of your current month. Finding that on the website was a bit of a chore: scroll scroll scroll down to the "Like to download?" section and click the "Subscribe to Sublime+" button here: https://www.qobuz.com/us-en/music/streaming/offers

Regarding Sublime+ discounts, I found this FAQ:
Sublime+ subscribers receive a permanent discount (from 30% to 60%) on purchases from almost all of our Hi-Res catalog. The albums eligible for this discount have a special price, called "Hi-Res with Qobuz Sublime".

https://help.qobuz.com/hc/en-us/articles/360026349772-What-does-Hi-Res-with-Sublime-mean-

Everyone wants to date my avatar.

18 minutes ago, left channel said:

@Tinnitus Andronicus @David Craff also if you are currently a Studio customer that page it will automatically subtract what's left of your current month. Finding that on the website was a bit of a chore: scroll scroll scroll down to the "Like to download?" section and click the "Subscribe to Sublime+" button here: https://www.qobuz.com/us-en/music/streaming/offers

Regarding Sublime+ discounts, I found this FAQ:
Sublime+ subscribers receive a permanent discount (from 30% to 60%) on purchases from almost all of our Hi-Res catalog. The albums eligible for this discount have a special price, called "Hi-Res with Qobuz Sublime".

https://help.qobuz.com/hc/en-us/articles/360026349772-What-does-Hi-Res-with-Sublime-mean-

Yes I see now that the price of a given album has a separate listed price for Sublime accounts. I was hoping there was a general across the board percentage discount for all download purchases, but evidently not. Three of the four albums currently in my Qobuz cart are available in CD quality only, with no discount for Sublime accounts. Given that about half of the downloads I have bought from Qobuz are CD quality I might not figure that much savings by upgrading to Sublime. I will always choose hi-res if available but many of the titles I want to own are only available in CD quality. I'd be paying $70 more a year to go with Sublime and I'm not sure if I'd buy enough discounted downloads in a year to make it worth upgrading.

1 hour ago, Tinnitus Andronicus said:

Yes I see now that the price of a given album has a separate listed price for Sublime accounts. I was hoping there was a general across the board percentage discount for all download purchases, but evidently not. Three of the four albums currently in my Qobuz cart are available in CD quality only, with no discount for Sublime accounts. Given that about half of the downloads I have bought from Qobuz are CD quality I might not figure that much savings by upgrading to Sublime. I will always choose hi-res if available but many of the titles I want to own are only available in CD quality. I'd be paying $70 more a year to go with Sublime and I'm not sure if I'd buy enough discounted downloads in a year to make it worth upgrading.

I easily pay for the cost of my Sublime account through the hi-res download discounts - albums I intend on buying anyway, and Qobuz generally gives a discount of 40-60%. As I understand it, the rights holders dictate to Qobuz the amount of discount possible.

CD quality downloads are not necessarily a bargain at the Qobuz store. You can sometimes find them for less elsewhere. Hi-res for Sublime users is generally the lowest price you'll find, although occasionally you can a lower price elsewhere.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

45 minutes ago, firedog said:

CD quality downloads are not necessarily a bargain at the Qobuz store. You can sometimes find them for less elsewhere.

Where, for example? I started shopping at Qobuz for lossless downloads when I realized that their prices are often 30% cheaper than Tidal. I don't know if Amazon is selling lossless downloads now that they've introduced hi-res streaming to their music plan, in the past the big online music merchants Amazon and Apple have only sold MP3 or AAC lossy formats. So I buy about half of my lossless downloads from Qobuz and the other half from Bandcamp or small independent labels that sell their music digitally. I haven't had much luck searching for particular titles on 7Digital or elsewhere though. I was shocked after having paid $22 on Tidal for a FLAC album (an old ECM label release that was hard to find on CD) and I found the same album on Qobuz for $15.

3 minutes ago, Tinnitus Andronicus said:

Where, for example? I started shopping at Qobuz for lossless downloads when I realized that their prices are often 30% cheaper than Tidal. I don't know if Amazon is selling lossless downloads now that they've introduced hi-res streaming to their music plan, in the past the big online music merchants Amazon and Apple have only sold MP3 or AAC lossy formats. So I buy about half of my lossless downloads from Qobuz and the other half from Bandcamp or small independent labels that sell their music digitally. I haven't had much luck searching for particular titles on 7Digital or elsewhere though. I was shocked after having paid $22 on Tidal for a FLAC album (an old ECM label release that was hard to find on CD) and I found the same album on Qobuz for $15.

Depends what you are looking for and it varies quite a bit. I shop around a lot before I buy downloads, there are often differences in price of as much as 50% between the various sites. And the relative pricing also varies album to album between sites.  I mostly don't buy CD quality in downloads and leave that to the streaming. Presto tends to have good prices for classical. eclassical has some bargains. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

43 minutes ago, firedog said:

Depends what you are looking for and it varies quite a bit. I shop around a lot before I buy downloads, there are often differences in price of as much as 50% between the various sites. And the relative pricing also varies album to album between sites.  I mostly don't buy CD quality in downloads and leave that to the streaming. Presto tends to have good prices for classical. eclassical has some bargains. 

Yeah, I found a title at Presto Classical at a good price after buying the same title on Tidal only to find it had glitches in the files (money was refunded) and Amazon only had it as MP3. I will check out eClassical next time I'm looking for a classical download, thanks.