IGNORED

Steve Hoffman Forum "Fundraising"...

40 minutes ago, darkmass said:

Aren't "objectivists" supposed to be able to apply logic?

(and note to @diecaster, several albums are referenced in the thread, but the post I linked is only about the first Doors album)

Give logic a shot.  But to help you, Steve Hoffman is saying even though he remixed the first Doors album, "several times", Steve's work "bites" in comparison with the original.  (I assume you are familiar with the term "bites".)

And for @Ralf11, your thought experiment was a failure.  Steve said he preferred a version not his own, but no censoring was evident...yet you said "any comment stating a preference for a different version is censored".

I promise you Hoffman NEVER EVER "remixed" the first Doors album. He also claimed to have remixed several Beatle live releases, then later claimed to have just "heard" the master tape.

Bruce Botnick would NEVER EVER allow the multitracks out of his sights. He was asked about this and claimed no one ever touched those tapes but him. The 2 track mixdowns were liscensed out to DCC and to Analogue Productions..for CDs, and SACDs/ LPs.

Hoffman has a long record of making outlandish claims that later he either contradicts or are proven to be untrue.

I too have gotten a lot of use from the combination of the Hoffman forum and Discogs.com.  For virtually every recording there are a surprising number of masterings that have been done—some of which really suck and some of which are terrific (and frankly, the “audiophile” remasterings often fall in the latter camp).

Not really sure what the rest of this thread is about.  

38 minutes ago, Superdad said:

I too have gotten a lot of use from the combination of the Hoffman forum and Discogs.com.  For virtually every recording there are a surprising number of masterings that have been done—some of which really suck and some of which are terrific (and frankly, the “audiophile” remasterings often fall in the latter camp).

Not really sure what the rest of this thread is about.  

the POINT is, Hoffman, a multi millionaire, uses his forum for personal gain, yet begs for donations...and offers no accounting..

12 hours ago, Brinkman Ship said:

I promise you Hoffman NEVER EVER "remixed" the first Doors album. He also claimed to have remixed several Beatle live releases, then later claimed to have just "heard" the master tape.

Bruce Botnick would NEVER EVER allow the multitracks out of his sights. He was asked about this and claimed no one ever touched those tapes but him. The 2 track mixdowns were liscensed out to DCC and to Analogue Productions..for CDs, and SACDs/ LPs.

Hoffman has a long record of making outlandish claims that later he either contradicts or are proven to be untrue.

True, Doug Sax did the mixing on the first Doors debut Album.

The Truth Is Out There

7 hours ago, wwaldmanfan said:

An anonymous member comes in here and starts a thread to personally cast aspersions on the moderator of another audio forum. How is this relevant to Computer Audiophile, and why has the thread been allowed to continue? No one here is benefitting from this.

I disagree! The animus of one poster has probably made many people here aware of the value of Steve Hoffman’s forum. Until I found that forum I was not fully aware of how varied the quality of masterings indeed were. I am sure others were/are in the same boat!

16 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

What a refreshing post :~)

I thought it was probably a bit overstated, and that he is using this praise is a proxy to complain about things he does not like around here...

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!