IGNORED

Steve Hoffman Forum "Fundraising"...

3 minutes ago, Brinkman Ship said:

Via the forum, Hoffman has acquired over hall a million dollars of audio gear, at no cost, in return for 500 word "reviews".

That is a FACT. The bulk of it Audio Note, and recently a $12,000 Grado cart.

I was addressing this specific statement that I quoted in my post: "I also understand they collect far, far more than 5 grand every year, and there is never an accounting offered."

22 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

We actually do have paid options but I'd never ask for money without giving something additional in return. That's why our All Access Pass enables one to browse ad-free. That said, I'd never ask anyone to purchase it and I don't judge those who have or haven't purchased it. 

Well I don't ever recall hearing about this (perhaps I was not paying attention). Just took you up on the offer though I admit your advertising here is MUCH more reasonable than most - though the flashing-gif ones do cause eye strain for me so I went ahead and purchased the All Access Pass...

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

Just now, crenca said:

Well I don't ever recall hearing about this (perhaps I was not paying attention). Just took you up on the offer though I admit your advertising here is MUCH more reasonable than most - though the flashing-gif ones do cause eye strain for me so I went ahead and purchased the All Access Pass...

Thanks @crenca

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

1 hour ago, crenca said:

Pot....Kettle

Just saying

There is a subscription service to this site to eliminate ads. I am sure Chris won't mind you putting your money where your mouth is. Everything takes money.

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Two new dedicated servers are being setup in a new datacenter in DC that has 10 GB Ethernet to each server.

I just thought of such dumb geek / audiophile humor related to this upgrade but can't resist posting it. 

CA is moving to monoblock servers. Just think of veils that will be lifted soon!

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

4 minutes ago, Superdad said:

Uh, what analytics are you looking at to claim that the Steve Hoffman site is the "biggest one in audio?"

That would still be Head-Fi.org (click pic below to read traffic report).

1417649597_ScreenShot2018-07-20at10_58_04AM.thumb.jpg.6ad46bee010b426dd246113eb8dee946.jpg

Who really cares? Fine, "one of the biggest in audio". Are you happy now? I guess I need to start pointing all the posts you make that are not 100% accurate......

Just now, diecaster said:

Who really cares? Fine, "one of the biggest in audio". Are you happy now? I guess I need to start pointing all the posts you make that are not 100% accurate......

Geez, I wondered about it to.  I am glad he posted the info...

33 minutes ago, 4est said:

Rich is not the term I would use. Forgive me if I am wrong, but as I recall, you blew in here and raised a ruckus griping about anti MQA. Upon learning more you switched teams and continued to gripe in the other direction. Now here you are griping about fiscal issues concerning another forum that kicked you out. Did you give him money? At least if you did that you earned the right to complain. If not, what else is this other than yet another bitch session? At least MQA matters, this is stupid... And yes, I allowed myself to get sucked in. I'll take my own advice put this on ignore.

Let me restate my point:

Hoffman is a SELF PROCLAIMED "multi-millionaire"...

He benefits enormously materially from the forum...

Why ask for donations?

1 minute ago, Brinkman Ship said:

How about the power supplies? Platinum coated power cords?

Nah, too much of a risk that these would introduce a false negative - which should be obvious to you if you give it just a moment's thought...

1 hour ago, Brinkman Ship said:

Hmmmmm...can the data be MQA encoded, thus being de-blurred...?

48 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

If they helped take a little edge off some comments, I’d send some over to the data center :~)

Mark Waldrep will just show up and rain on the parade...better send these servers in to ToneDeafAudio for a good old fashioned review... ?

1 hour ago, Brinkman Ship said:

Let me restate my point:

Hoffman is a SELF PROCLAIMED "multi-millionaire"...

He benefits enormously materially from the forum...

Why ask for donations?

Some people who have a lot of money, want more money. Maybe they got rich by making others pay, and being miserly.

15 minutes ago, Shadders said:

Some people who have a lot of money, want more money. Maybe they got rich by making others pay, and being miserly.

That's how I got rich ?