IGNORED

EtherREGEN: The long development thread. [Some Gen2 dev. pics and update starting on page 92.]

37 minutes ago, Superdad said:

While we are busy, you can bet we will release more new products this year!

But given how busy we are it would be a distraction for us to reveal and begin discussing them too far in advance. I am trying to learn from past experience. 9_9

Here we go again! Great Alex! 

:-)

Cheers Jorge

Jensen VRD-iFF>Router>Rj45>opticalModule>
SFP>Buffalo2016>SFP>opticalModule >Rj45>

IZen Mk3>Rj45> Delock62619>Rj45>
etherRegen (Master Clock+ Mini-Circuits BLP)>SFP>opticalRendu>USB>IsoRegen>

USB>Phoenix>USB>OPPO 205 (Modded)>HMS “the Perfect Match”>Proac Tablette Reference 8 Signature.

8 minutes ago, Rustyears said:

Hello Alex.......I have a ER coming in the January batch.  How should I contact you if I need to change the shipping address?  Thanks, Vernon.

Contact us via our web site contact form. But you’d best hurry as we are shipping ahead of schedule. Last night we loaded 80 domestic units into my van to go to the post office and FedEx this morning.  That’s 9 days ahead of the promised January 16th date! 

If you are in the USA and in the batch in my van, I suppose I can try to dig yours out and relabel to another address.  You have about 2 hours...

On 10/5/2019 at 4:21 AM, Iving said:

I play local files ONLY ... as in PC > REDNET D16 AES > DAC. I'm looking forward with some confidence to trying an EtherRegen such: PC > EtherRegen > REDNET D16 AES > DAC. (Enquiries suggest 100 Mbps will work.)

I guess any offline system might benefit where the music signal passes along a network/ethernet cable.

(If local music doesn't, what is the SQ delta unplugging your upstream internet connection ...?)

Did you decide to try the ER? Since the recommendation is for the ER to be placed as close in the ethernet chain to the DAC as possible and it would be inserted after your source, which uses ethernet to connect to your Rednet DDC, then it seems to me to be a very good candidate to try.

I still have to scratch my head when considering how few here have adopted AOIP. For reasons other than SQ I moved to Audiolinux however it has taken a lot of time and additional expense for me to be as pleased with the sound...or at least as I remember it 🙂

Let us know if you try the ER.

"Don't Believe Everything You Think"

System

On 4/2/2018 at 2:50 PM, JohnSwenson said:

Yes an LPS-1.2 can power it, but you have to be careful there. As with what I have been talking about in other threads, part of the leakage blocking needs a ground connection to the switch. The LPS-1.2 specifically isolates the ground so you will need another way to ground the switch. We will most likely be adding some form of grounding connection on the case for this purpose. The UASMPS provided with the switch already has the DC output grounded so no separate grounding needs to be done. The internal power network in the switch will be extremely good, the result is that there should be no advantage to using an LPS-1.2.

John S.

I was just about to try my LPS 1.2 with the Etherregen, but this statement by @JohnSwenson stopped me dead in my tracks.  Could someone let me know just how to go about grounding the switch (the Etherregen) when using the LPS 1.2, as he recommends (that is if one still needs this grounding).  I can see the grounding connection in the front of the ER, but do not know what to do with it.

Also, what would be the best voltage setting on the LPS 1.2 for the Etherregen?  I'm supposing 7volts. Is that correct?

On 12/4/2018 at 9:25 AM, Bones13 said:

Really getting excited for this switch to surface. I am trying to simplify my system over time. I eliminated USB and reclocking issues going to a Bricasti M12. Gone is the shoebox full of custom cables, microRendu, 2x power supply boxes, etc., DAC, and Pre-Amp. Now signal chain ethernet from a small generic hub that feeds the Roku and Oppo and Bricasti over at the audio stack. I run Roon core on my NAS in a closet downstairs. I know my Bricasti was expensive, but the sound enhancement was quite significant over the microRendu retinue + Bryston BDA3 DAC + W4S STP-SE.

This new etherRegen hub sounds perfect for my system, specially not needing additional clocking, and power boxes. I might even upgrade the other switch in the office to run optical from that switch to this etherRegen. The Bricasti does a lot of ethernet isolation, having the etherRegen level of clean will be icing on the cake.

Keep up the great work developing these special devices for our niche market.

I have an M12 on order. Currently, I am now using the Sonore Signature optical streamer with the EtherRegen  then to Yggy USB port. Sounds really nice. I was curious if you think the the EtherRegen improved the sq with your M12. Thanks 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/31/2020 at 9:05 PM, lxgreen said:

I have an M12 on order. Currently, I am now using the Sonore Signature optical streamer with the EtherRegen  then to Yggy USB port. Sounds really nice. I was curious if you think the the EtherRegen improved the sq with your M12. Thanks 

yes, I did. I had previously used a generic TrendNet hub in that location. Will the difference be “night and day”, probably not. A worthwhile tweak in my opinion. 

on another note, I really enjoyed the significantly lowered box, and cable, count that resulted from using the M12.

[Home Digital] MSB Premier DAC > Modright LS300 > Atma-Sphere "Class D" Monoblocks > Daedalus Audio Muse Studio Speakers

[Home Analog] Technics SL-1200G > Boulder 508 (Benz Glider SL)

[Office] Laptop > Kitsune R2R lvl3 > Violectric V281 > Meze Liric / Meze Elite

[Travel] Laptop/iPad -> Focal Bathys

Hi guys
Fingers on the trigger for purchasing the ER :)

I have a UltraRendu. Any of you guys have that setup and if so, is the UR connected to the A or B side?

B side is my plan, but I think I read somewhere that the UR require a 1Gps connection and the B side is 100Mps.
So just want be sure before buying.

Cheers
Jonny

3 hours ago, jonnylund said:

Hi guys

I have a UltraRendu. Any of you guys have that setup and if so, is the UR connected to the A or B side?

B side is my plan, but I think I read somewhere that the UR require a 1Gps connection and the B side is 100Mps.

Cheers
Jonny

You’ll be fine. I am using eR (B side) to uR. 
oM feeding eR (A - fiber). 
Jorge

Jensen VRD-iFF>Router>Rj45>opticalModule>
SFP>Buffalo2016>SFP>opticalModule >Rj45>

IZen Mk3>Rj45> Delock62619>Rj45>
etherRegen (Master Clock+ Mini-Circuits BLP)>SFP>opticalRendu>USB>IsoRegen>

USB>Phoenix>USB>OPPO 205 (Modded)>HMS “the Perfect Match”>Proac Tablette Reference 8 Signature.

16 hours ago, jonnylund said:

Hi guys

Cheers
Jonny

The ultraRendu's Ethernet port is 10/100/1000 so will work fine with the 100Mb B side port of the ER. The opticalRendu is just gigabit on its SFP cage (optical). Which will also work with the ER since the optical port on the ER is gigabit as well. So in THAT case you would connect the SFP port over optical to the optical port of the opticalRendu and the B port of the ER to your main network.

John S.

On 2/1/2020 at 12:42 PM, Theobetley said:

Hey Superdad after a wide / deep smashing success of the Etherregen what should I be saving my dollars for that which t I might buy from Uptone? Come on let us know what you and John are working on, After the ER I know I want one.

Good question! We can only spend our money once, so it's good to know. But we promise that we will not discuss it to save your time. And in the mean time we have something to dream about. 🌠

On 3/22/2018 at 10:51 AM, Superdad said:

[EDIT: The original first post of this long thread had outdated information and so is deleted.]

Development of EtherREGEN is complete.  The web page for it is up (UpTone Audio EtherREGEN), and a new thread for the launch has been started. Please see:

Hey Super..............

Congrats again for all the great success, and great reports on the etherRegen.

I would like to apologize in advance before asking this question. (Speaking for myself, I know I would hate it if i worked my ass off for a couple of years, and someone cavalierly came in and asked if you thought about making a change to it).

But.....    (and of course a "but" was coming)

Ever thought of making a model with the "B" port Gigabit?

I probably don't need to explain what a benefit that might be to those of us who would LOVE to go B to A with a FIBER digital file player hanging off the SFP port on the "A" side, - and then we'd get to hook up our TV and Blue Ray player and maybe even optimized computer .... to those other RJ45 gigabit ports on the A........

I feel bad even asking, as I know that you likely went through a number of topology decisions when you designed the unit.

Thank you...