IGNORED

Merry Christmas

+1 or is that +2 now! 

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to the fantastic CA community! 

Synergistic Research Powercell UEF SE > Sonore OpticalModule (LPS-1.2 & DXP-1A5DSC) > EtherRegen (SR4T & DXP-1A5DSC) > (Sablon 2020 LAN) Innuos PhoenixNet > Muon Streaming System > Grimm MU1 > (Sablon 2020 AES) > Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC > PS Audio M1200 monoblocks > Focal Sopra No2 speakers

Merry Christmas to all and best wishes for the New Year!!! 

Lyngdorf MP40..Aurender N200..Panasonic UB9000..SimAudio Titan MCH Amp..Emotiva BasX A4..KEF Ref 1 Meta..Dali Phantom IW..SVS Prime Elevation(4)..JL Audio F112..Shunyata Research Ztron Alpha HC/Digital..IsoAcoustics Gaia II, Orea Bronze..Billy Bags rack.

4 minutes ago, JohnSwenson said:

Today was a special Christmas for me, it was my very first white Christmas. Living in the SF bay area in California all my life I've never had snowfall where I lived (we'd go to the mountains, but that's different).

This summer we moved up to Washington state, the home of rain. And occasionally snow.

Yesterday afternoon as we were coming home from church I started seeing this horizontally falling stuff coming out of the sky, my wife and I both shouted at the same time "SNOW!" It kept on coming, at home it started falling harder and kept on coming. We were not expecting it since the thermometer said it was 34F. But slowly it started staying on the ground, it started staying on the trees then the sidewalks. It took a long time to stay on the concrete patio but it finally did. 

We have a big picture window in our dining room overlooking the backyard, I pulled up a chair and just watched the snow for hours. I went outside and just stood in the falling snow, letting it fall all over me until my wife called me back in. (she grew up in New York and Pennsylvania, this was  old hat to her).

Our little white chihuahua had never seen snow, he went out, stepped into the snow a little, and came dashing back in, he didn't want any part of that strange cold stuff.

It stopped falling in the evening but by then it was just below freezing so it stayed around all night. In the morning I took the dog for a walk like I always do, he didn't seem to mind it if I was with him. When we got back inside, he dashed through his doggie door and spent the next 10 minutes playing in the snow, running around and rolling in it, he decided he really likes it.

Later in the morning the temperature went up to 35F and the snow started melting, but it just started snowing again, it's coming down like crazy right now and starting to cover things again.

I'm pretty excited, my first White Christmas.

IMG_0030.thumb.JPG.942f4ef8c2caa898c350c78f486004f8.JPG

John S.

Merry Christmas John, from icy Portland - my second white Christmas! I share your dog's enthusiasm for this cold fluffy stuff!

And Merry Christmas to the rest of y'all! Hope you're enjoying this time among loved ones and making great memories!

Late 2012 Mac Mini > Audirvana+3 > iFi Zen Stream > Heimdall 2 USB >  iFi iDSD Micro BL > Pass Labs INT-30A > DeVore The Nines! + REL Strata III

Well-Tempered Amadeus Benz ACE SL > Pass Labs XOno

"Water is the most critical resource issue of our lifetime and our children's lifetime. The health of our waters is the principal measure of how we live on the land." - Luna Leopold

Lots of Snow here in the Eastern Canadian land.

Ripped a few CDs into the collection today, like the soundtrack for "Until the End of The World" with Depeche Mode and U2 tracks, and listened to some music on the SET Tube Amp as well.

Caught up with some of @JohnSwenson's thread on doing some star quad cabling for DC and perhaps interconnects, so that's a tempting proposition for DIY time during the holidays.

Merry Christmas everyone, be well. Especially Merry for our neighbours below!

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels

Also: I got a Lalo  Schiffrin double CD (Bullit + Enter the Dragon) as one of my gifts today! :D

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels

Congrats, John, on you very first white Christmas. Thats how things were intended to be. Here in Michigan, we got an extra 5 inches of snow to freshen up what had fallen about a week earlier, for a perfect Christmas scene. I cannot imagine living somewhere without snow at Christmas.

JC