IGNORED

Audirvana 3.1

The operation of the program after the library fix I found is smoother than ever!

Even than previous versions that didn’t have such vast RAM usage! Sometimes there was some swap and compression ... now it runs smoothly with no issue even when upsampling in the highest sample rate!

Only DSD upsampling puts some strain to my old CPU but this is normal!

Mac Mini with JRMC26 or Audirvana  / Raspberry4B_4GB(GentooPlayer_LMS) / Raspberry Rpi3B+: Allo DigiOne(GentooPlayer) - M2Tech Evo DAC Two Plus/iPurifier2 - Schiit Vali 2 - Densen DM20pre/30pwr amps - Spendor SP2/3E, Sennheiser HD600 & HD25Aluminum - Audeze Sine

Cables: Vovox, DIY, Furutech. 

Portable sources: iPad, DELL Laptop with JRiver MC26

guys there is a strange thing going on

since yesterday I am trying the new Archphile for RPi3 and I am streaming from A+ as I did with MoOde

When streaming from A+ though there is swap in Left/Right channel

I played some test tracks that confirm it

The same tracks streamed to RPi from my phone with bubbleUPnP are played correctly, and from the A/phile library of course!

Is there a setting in A+ I miss?

I do not remember if there was the same behaviour with MoOde but I would appreciate if someone could check!

Thank you!!

Mac Mini with JRMC26 or Audirvana  / Raspberry4B_4GB(GentooPlayer_LMS) / Raspberry Rpi3B+: Allo DigiOne(GentooPlayer) - M2Tech Evo DAC Two Plus/iPurifier2 - Schiit Vali 2 - Densen DM20pre/30pwr amps - Spendor SP2/3E, Sennheiser HD600 & HD25Aluminum - Audeze Sine

I have a problem with 3,1,*. It will play one song only and halts, to stop you have to hit he STOP button before you can do anything else.This happens with direct attach, USB, and via ethernet.  A+ 3.0.7, works fine.

Music Server(s):Mac Mini w/UpTone linear power supply JS-2, SoTM 200 w/LPS-1, AQ Diamond USB cable,

Music Server Operating System:Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan, Roon, HQP, A+

USB Digital to Analog Converter(s):PS Audio DS Jr. w/UpTone Audio ReGen  w/ LPS-1 Power Supply

Preamplifier:PS Audio BHK preamp; Amplifier(s):Parasound Amplifier A21; Loudspeakers:Magnapan 3.7

Loudspeaker Cables:AudioQuest CV8

@Pocobear Not come across this myself ... but to understand what's happening a bit better ... the first track of an album, plays to the end ? Is the next track loaded (or loading) OK into the memory buffer ? ... and it just doesn't play at all from that point onwards ? 

Main System: NAS or QOBUZ > BlueSound Node 2i > Schiit Gungnir MultiBit > PYST XLR > Schiit Mjolnir 2 or Gilmore Lite MK2

Office System: iMac > Audirvana > Schiit EITR + Audiophonics LPS25 > Metrum FLINT NOS DAC (DAC TWO chips) > Schiit Magni 3+ > Aeon Flow Open

Loudspeaker System: NAIM Muso Gen 2

Charente, Thx for the reply. I had uninstalled all A+ apps(again x4), so I tried again, by installing 3.1.1, And now it works! So I downloaded and installed 3.1.2 over 3.1.1 and it still works.  Aw, the power of the internet, I ask about the problem, and it fixes  itself, wish all problems could be fixed that easy. First time it's run correctly in over a week. 3.0.7 worked great.

Music Server(s):Mac Mini w/UpTone linear power supply JS-2, SoTM 200 w/LPS-1, AQ Diamond USB cable,

Music Server Operating System:Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan, Roon, HQP, A+

USB Digital to Analog Converter(s):PS Audio DS Jr. w/UpTone Audio ReGen  w/ LPS-1 Power Supply

Preamplifier:PS Audio BHK preamp; Amplifier(s):Parasound Amplifier A21; Loudspeakers:Magnapan 3.7

Loudspeaker Cables:AudioQuest CV8

3 hours ago, zackthedog said:

Help, please!  All of a sudden Audirvana 3.1 says there is no valid license key and will not open!  I tried trashing the perferences and support files, reinstalled the key when asked and it still won't open.   

All is well.  I reinstalled, clicked "Request Trail" and entered the license.  It took me through  setup and works fine now.

Hi,

The weekend is finally here so time for some tests.

OdroidC2 with Volumio installed is working well. PCM up to 352.8 Khz, DSD up to DSD128.

Audio eq.: ODROID c2 ->Supra USB Cable-> Holospring DAC.

I've tried to use Schiit EITR with ORDOID but even if everything was looking OK, A+ detecting the Odroid, Volumio detecting EITR, the playback was full of noise (pops/cracks/parasite sound...). It seems that is some kind of incompatibility with EITR. Need some test on this But this is not A+ related.

Next is A+ -> Rpi with volumio .

Up to now:

1. A+ -> Cubox/Volumio =NOT WORKING; need more investigation.

2. A+ -> ODROID C2 /Volumio = WORKING; no extra settings needed after Volumio installation.

3. A+ -> ODROID C2 /Volumio = soon

On 9/6/2017 at 0:15 AM, DomieMic65 said:

guys there is a strange thing going on

since yesterday I am trying the new Archphile for RPi3 and I am streaming from A+ as I did with MoOde

When streaming from A+ though there is swap in Left/Right channel

I played some test tracks that confirm it

The same tracks streamed to RPi from my phone with bubbleUPnP are played correctly, and from the A/phile library of course!

Is there a setting in A+ I miss?

I do not remember if there was the same behaviour with MoOde but I would appreciate if someone could check!

Thank you!!

I don't know the answer but if you google "alsa channel swap" there are ways to check or change the channel mapping.  Maybe you can solve it.

This is my really first try with Audirvana 3.1.2 with my revamped system and it's without question a fine piece of work. I'm having one problem as I'm nearing the end of the trial. 

On my old Macbook Pro penryn running El Capitan I tried the SysOptimizer settings (all of them actually). There doesn't seem to be anything I can hear with or without it. They all sound excellent. (My laptop is a standalone, no usb devices attached.)

Now I've seen all my search capabilities utterly decimated. Searches in Apple Mail, Spotlight and Notes are all rendered useless. I've tried deselecting the SysOptimizer setting in its entirety but even after doing so and quitting Audirvana, no dice. Same lack of any search capabilities as before.

Do I need to restart the computer and short of that working, how do I get my search capabilities back? 

As for the sound capabilities; A+ for Audirvana Plus: a find job!

System: McIntosh LS340, Rei DA34x DAC, completely rebuilt Acrosound ULIIs with KT120 tubes, Russian FT3 teflon capacitors .22uf,  Richard Grey 600RPM Pro, Schitt Sys passive preamp. Yeah, it's spectacular.

45 minutes ago, Da Horsey said:

This is my really first try with Audirvana 3.1.2 with my revamped system and it's without question a fine piece of work. I'm having one problem as I'm nearing the end of the trial. 

On my old Macbook Pro penryn running El Capitan I tried the SysOptimizer settings (all of them actually). There doesn't seem to be anything I can hear with or without it. They all sound excellent. (My laptop is a standalone, no usb devices attached.)

Now I've seen all my search capabilities utterly decimated. Searches in Apple Mail, Spotlight and Notes are all rendered useless. I've tried deselecting the SysOptimizer setting in its entirety but even after doing so and quitting Audirvana, no dice. Same lack of any search capabilities as before.

Do I need to restart the computer and short of that working, how do I get my search capabilities back? 

As for the sound capabilities; A+ for Audirvana Plus: a find job!

System: McIntosh LS340, Rei DA34x DAC, completely rebuilt Acrosound ULIIs with KT120 tubes, Russian FT3 teflon capacitors .22uf,  Richard Grey 600RPM Pro, Schitt Sys passive preamp. Yeah, it's spectacular.

Try this, open A+, don't play any music, open preferences and on the sysopt pane select restart all services, then shut down A+.  Spotlight and the such will take a long time to work, so don't expect it to work immediately.

Then, go ahead and turn it off because it apparently does nothing but cause problems.

Screen Shot 2017-09-09 at 3.36.08 PM.png

No electron left behind.

5 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

Try this, open A+, don't play any music, open preferences and on the sysopt pane select restart all services, then shut down A+.  Spotlight and the such will take a long time to work, so don't expect it to work immediately.

Then, go ahead and turn it off because it apparently does nothing but cause problems.

Screen Shot 2017-09-09 at 3.36.08 PM.png

Okay, I'm giving it a whirl. Thank you very much Doctor! 

6 hours ago, zackthedog said:

I don't know the answer but if you google "alsa channel swap" there are ways to check or change the channel mapping.  Maybe you can solve it.

Thank you for your reply!

Finally it must be something going on with my DAC witch has the option of channel swap ... for a strange reason it decides to change!

Also this happens when changing from 16 to 32 bir max. PCM bit depth!

16 is OK, 32 is swapping and 24 distorts!

I think I will find a solution now that I found the cause!!

Audirvana 3.1 has continually crashed on my MacBook Pro with  Mac OS Sierra since I upgraded last week.  My Music Library also disappears very annoying to have to wait for my Library to load up again. Reinstalled it from scratch and the same thing is happening . In fact it crashes more frequently now more than ever. This never happened with all previous versions of Audirvana, any suggestions would be appreciated.

3 minutes ago, Paul Sheridan said:

Audirvana 3.1 has continually crashed on my MacBook Pro with  Mac OS Sierra since I upgraded last week.  My Music Library also disappears very annoying to have to wait for my Library to load up again. Reinstalled it from scratch and the same thing is happening . In fact it crashes more frequently now more than ever. This never happened with all previous versions of Audirvana, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Don’t know if your start from scratch was like mine recipy posted here, like 2 pages before... cant paste now on iphone and car ?

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

Moving from appartment to home now... painting, brooming... Arf!

I want to say to all of you here having troubles with A+, Hold on :)

Try starting from scratch, unplug your thing, restart your mac, plug your thing back, start A+...

do it again in reverse order if it doesn't work, try...

I had also troubles with A+ when Damien changes version from like v2 to v3 or v3 to v3 with SysOpt changes,

and i'm not talking about the library changes and bugs that make it more trouble more, but now for me,

ALL is stable, library is perfect (yes i worked a bit for it :) ) and now, it follows every version coming

and all is working well even when upsampling to DSD128 as my DAC is capable...

Yes i do backup everyday when i change something in my library to make sure i can restored it just in case.

I'm even using now A+ with Direct Mode on High Sierra Beta with a brand new external 3TB hard drive

erased and formatted with APFS file system of High Sierra... So it works...

Damien make A+ bugs free for all :) 

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

+1 for @RunHomeSlow post. Up to now no major issues with A+. If the files are properly tagged library functions works well, many filtering/ordering options, smart playlists etc. 

Update for UPNP: Working well with Volumio on Rpi 3 and OdroidC2, not working yet with Cubox.

Small issue noticed: when paused (not STOP) in A+ the Volumio device start playing whatever is next in the Volumio queue. Not sure if is caused by A+ or Volumio.

Next:

- solving Cubox issue;

- testing UPNP on DietPi having also the NAA for HQPlayer installed (I have both A+ and HQPlayer).

Here's what I had to do to recover Spotlight and search functions in Mail, Notes, etc.

http://appledigg.com/t/how-to-fix-if-spotlight-not-working-on-el-capitan/561

I had to use the commands in terminal and voila, I recovered the use of Spotlight and related searches.

So I would say based on individual experience, it's best not to check off Spotlight in SysOptimizer using 3.1.2. Merely restarting unchecking and quitting didn't do anything here.

The terminal fix was the answer.

41 minutes ago, Da Horsey said:

Here's what I had to do to recover Spotlight and search functions in Mail, Notes, etc.

I had to use the commands in terminal and voila, I recovered the use of Spotlight and related searches.

So I would say based on individual experience, it's best not to check off Spotlight in SysOptimizer using 3.1.2. Merely restarting unchecking and quitting didn't do anything here.

This has been the case since Before A+ 3.0. You would think he could fix these major bugs. The focus has been on new features for quite a while now....shame.

1 hour ago, Da Horsey said:

Haven’t had this problem with El Cap.  No idea what the distinguishing feature is between your system and mine.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

@damien78  Are there any AU plug-ins available for A+ 2.x.x or 3.x.x that provide separate parametric or graphic EQ for left and right channels?  I need to apply different EQ to my left and right speakers to make them sound the same.

Loudspeaker systems: 2012 Mac Mini i7 2.6GHz -> 10.11.6 -> Audirvana 3.5 -> Schiit Yggdrasil OG / HoloAudio Cyan 2 -> Yamaha A-S3000 / HoloAudio Bliss -> Celestion Ditton 66 / Genelec 8030C & BK XXLS400

Headphone systems: 2012 Mac Mini i7 2.6GHz -> 10.11.6 -> Audirvana 3.5 -> Schiit Yggdrasil OG / HoloAudio Cyan 2 -> HoloAudio Bliss / Sparkos Labs Aries -> Audio-Technica ATH-ADX5000 / Focal Utopia / Sennheiser HD600

I have experienced some same problems mostly related to music just stopping and that message box that says A+3 has quit unexpectedly etc

doesn' happen a lot but does happen especially when playing large/long playlists from either TIDAL or Qobuz just annoying not a show stopper considering the sound quality and ease of having iTunes library TIdal Qobuz at my finger tips with MQA included