IGNORED

Audirvana 3.1

6 hours ago, DomieMic65 said:

Thank you Damien for your reply!

I have “Macs fan control” “Keep drive spinning”, “Disk Sensei”, “Onyx” (as you suggested).

My Mini is an audio source only computer (and video sometimes) and I do not use it for anything else...

I want to mention again that with A+ 2.6.8 these issues do not exist!!

Is this all after you tried my things or you didn't done it yet?

because if it is just with v3, it might just be some corrupted prefs passing from 2.6.8 to 3 ??

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

3 hours ago, RunHomeSlow said:

Is this all after you tried my things or you didn't done it yet?

because if it is just with v3, it might just be some corrupted prefs passing from 2.6.8 to 3 ??

No no... I haven’t done it yet!

One way or another 2.6.8 is newly installed too

I had it removed after I installed 3 and reinstalled it!

The same with 3

I will try your fixes and I will report back! 

Thank you very much!

Mac Mini with JRMC26 or Audirvana  / Raspberry4B_4GB(GentooPlayer_LMS) / Raspberry Rpi3B+: Allo DigiOne(GentooPlayer) - M2Tech Evo DAC Two Plus/iPurifier2 - Schiit Vali 2 - Densen DM20pre/30pwr amps - Spendor SP2/3E, Sennheiser HD600 & HD25Aluminum - Audeze Sine

Cables: Vovox, DIY, Furutech. 

Portable sources: iPad, DELL Laptop with JRiver MC26

@OldBigEars Hope you manage to resolve the difference you're hearing on A+ ... I couldn't hear any difference between the 3.0.n beta and the final release, altho' I understand some small SQ optimisations were done. That said, your ears may be a lot better than mine !!

Yes, contemporary jazz is probably what I listen to most at the moment. There are some superb new recordings recently ... the ACT label in particular appeals to me and ECM as ever.

Main System: NAS or QOBUZ > BlueSound Node 2i > Schiit Gungnir MultiBit > PYST XLR > Schiit Mjolnir 2 or Gilmore Lite MK2

Office System: iMac > Audirvana > Schiit EITR + Audiophonics LPS25 > Metrum FLINT NOS DAC (DAC TWO chips) > Schiit Magni 3+ > Aeon Flow Open

Loudspeaker System: NAIM Muso Gen 2

On 8/26/2017 at 8:24 PM, RunHomeSlow said:

Long text, but takes 5 mins to do...

Maybe not just A+ as problem... you can try ressetting you Mac PRAM also.

Here is how to reset your PRAM:

Shut down your machine. Yes, all the way down, not sleep or logging out.

Press the Power button, after you hear the ’bong’ press the 4 keyboard keys at the same time:
Command + Option + P + R
Let them press to a second ‘bong’ it will reset the sound… will be louder,
Hold on again the keys for a third ‘bong’, then let go and it will start normally.

Go to User... Home Folder... Library... Caches… com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus
trash the files in that folder

Restart MAC.  This will reset pretty much Audirvana like new.

I have done all the things you say except the reset PRAM procedure!

When I waited for three "bongs" it lead me to a reinstall  MacOS window!

I found in the net that I should release the buttons on 2nd "bong"

Anyway after that I trashed all the files you said but in the last location there was an empty folder as shown in the screenshot (org.sparkle....) not only A+ related files! I trashed it too but just mentioning!

Well after all those things for about half an hour of use the situation seems better! (2nd sc/shot)

But there is still compression of RAM

If you think I did something wrong I have no problem doing it all again!

Also do you thin I shod uninstall 2.6.8 just in case? (I prefer not yet..)

Screen Shot 2017-08-27 at 21.49.46.png

Screen Shot 2017-08-27 at 22.32.11.png

Mac Mini with JRMC26 or Audirvana  / Raspberry4B_4GB(GentooPlayer_LMS) / Raspberry Rpi3B+: Allo DigiOne(GentooPlayer) - M2Tech Evo DAC Two Plus/iPurifier2 - Schiit Vali 2 - Densen DM20pre/30pwr amps - Spendor SP2/3E, Sennheiser HD600 & HD25Aluminum - Audeze Sine

46 minutes ago, DomieMic65 said:

I have done all the things you say except the reset PRAM procedure!

When I waited for three "bongs" it lead me to a reinstall  MacOS window!

I found in the net that I should release the buttons on 2nd "bong"

Anyway after that I trashed all the files you said but in the last location there was an empty folder as shown in the screenshot (org.sparkle....) not only A+ related files! I trashed it too but just mentioning!

Well after all those things for about half an hour of use the situation seems better! (2nd sc/shot)

But there is still compression of RAM

If you think I did something wrong I have no problem doing it all again!

Strange for the PRAM, i always did that for 30 years now :).

you hear the first Bong when computer start, you hold the keys right after, before the apple logo, then hold on for 2 more bong,

but as you mentionned and here too they seems to say release after the second... In fact you know when it works, because the sound of the Mac is reset too louder...

I think you should do it because it is related to the memory and other things as you can read in this article...

http://osxdaily.com/2010/11/15/reset-pram-mac/

but it looks better already :)

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

by desintalling 2.6.8 if you just mean to throw the application in the trash,

it won't change a thing, the 2 can be in the applications folder at the same time, but with different name for sure...

1 minute ago, RunHomeSlow said:

Strange for the PRAM, i always did that for 30 years now :).

you hear the first Bong when computer you hold the keys right after, before the apple logo, then hold on for 2 more bong,

but as you mentionned and here too they seems to say release after the second... In fact you know when it works, because the sound of the Mac is reset too louder...

I think you should do it because it is related to the memory and other things as you can read in this article...

http://osxdaily.com/2010/11/15/reset-pram-mac/

but it looks better already :)

I never heared the bong louder...

So you think it was not done 100% corectly?

2 minutes ago, RunHomeSlow said:

by desintalling 2.6.8 if you just mean to throw the application in the trash,

it won't change a thing, the 2 can be in the applications folder at the same time, but with different name for sure...

it is...

2.6.8 is just A+

And 3.1.1 is as A+ 3.1 

1 minute ago, DomieMic65 said:

I never heared the bong louder...

So you think it was not done 100% corectly?

the keys have to be on before the Apple logo, then you'll hear the second bong louder, it is obvious for me because i keep de mac sound in the low range... so, when it's reset, it is way louder :)

Sh*******ttttt

started peaking again!!!!!!!!!>:(

Resseting the PRAM It is not dangerous to do like playing with terminal command

it just reset the Mac memory, Cache, Keyboard, Mouse... to like new...

and this is what you have for troubles like said in the article... your memory

i'm not a Mac technician, just been playing with them since graphic design course in 1995 :)

but this truly can't hurt.

38 minutes ago, RunHomeSlow said:

i'm not a Mac technician, just been playing with them since graphic design course in 1995 :)

but this truly can't hurt.

Of course it can't... I get it :)

Did again only the PRAM resetting, and may be it's done correctly now!

I've been playing some music for a while and the RAM usage seems OK.

No compression or swap or enormous peaks!

Untill now...

Let's see...

2 minutes ago, DomieMic65 said:

Of course it can't... I get it :)

Did again only the PRAM resetting, and may be it's done correctly now!

I've been playing some music for a while and the RAM usage seems OK.

No compression or swap or enormous peaks!

Untill now...

Let's see...

Glad you Mac didn't went Bong :)

No luck... 

It crushed too...

I played an album I have in DSD64 and when in the same playlist a 44,1 file started playing suddenly it went crazy again...

I am quiting for now...

May be I will do the whole thing once more sometime...

Another very annoying thing is that the most of the times the iOS  remote does not connect, and when it connects after I use another app in my iPad or I turn off the screen for a while or looses the connection and does not connect!

I think I spent too much time...

6 minutes ago, DomieMic65 said:

I think I spent too much time...

Me too :)

It sad for you, but strange at the same time, since all that is just happening in v3 of A+ and not in 2.6.8

and we cannot get rid of that bug... yet :)

33 minutes ago, RunHomeSlow said:

Me too :)

It sad for you, but strange at the same time, since all that is just happening in v3 of A+ and not in 2.6.8

and we cannot get rid of that bug... yet :)

the other very SAD and annoying for me is that I paid almost 50€ for A+3 "upgrade" and the remote and I am having big problems with both

the remote does not connect or looses connection 9/10 times!!!

33 minutes ago, RunHomeSlow said:

30 minutes ago, DomieMic65 said:

The A+ iOS remote? There is something seriously wrong there... I wish the remote were more powerful, but it certainly is reliable. It should always connect, and rarely if ever lose it's connection.

You don't have a second Mac you can try by any chance?

1 hour ago, DomieMic65 said:

the other very SAD and annoying for me is that I paid almost 50€ for A+3 "upgrade" and the remote and I am having big problems with both

Try removing the remote app from your iphone. Close iphone. Go to app store and reinstall A+ remote and see. I never have problem connection with remote... just that it doesn’t classify albums by date. Arf!

4 hours ago, Speed Racer said:

All of these shenanigans is why I switched to Roon. It was the best software decision I have made in a recent memory. 

Gotta question these posts which go on and on....A+ is an exceptionally written bit of software which, too my ears, sounds exceptional.    

"Just because your paranoid doesn't mean that aren't after you"

A great and significant new release and we have pages and pages of grief from a few posters who seem to have unimaginable and unsolvable problems that get posted and re-posted, ending in challenges to the software, the remote and the universe itself. 

I have ROON ROCK serving a reasonably fine system and this version of A+ is just sounding great...installed flawlessly, played straight out of the gate...sounds, in our first listen, better than a dedicated ROON ROCK.

Gotta wonder about this stuff...there is money and companies at stake and reputations can be ruined behind the anonymous veil of the internet.

I agree with you with your first part.

I don't use Roon or Streaming services or newly 3.1 advantage, but i was asking myself this today:

How many people have been having problem with crashing recently, with system optimizer with the last update,

is it small people here complaining ? or is it many people talking here for the silent people :)

Computer Audiophile are for those people i think... when everything is going well, you don't have to post here :)

i also check on A+ own forum... and those questions also appears there.

I agree also the A+ is a good software

better for me than JRiver for Sound and better than HQPlayer for library...

I also think that Damien might reach the sky too fast... Many things should be tighten before playing for PCs :)

i don't have any problem now with A+ even on High Sierra Beta...

Way better for ME than Sierra. My Direct Mode is on also, again with the trick.

No more music silence for 2 seconds happening for no reason that i had with Sierra.

I upsampled everything to DSD128. My library is all perfectly done to my taste...

Yes Damien made me worked for it with is updates of library in the past, but now it's all good.

I know how to backup my library and settings and to backup my working perfectly OSX system if anything Happens.

Just need to make it sound good again in one month, moving to a new house and be happy with nobody upstair

walking on my head :)

A+ 3.1.1 sounds great. I have stopped doing the crazy kext rigmarole to get "Direct Mode" to work. It's not a reasonable solution moving forward. Roon and A+ do support "Exclusive Access" and "Integer" modes which I use with both apps. I don't think A+ sounds any better than Roon. Of course, I don't do any upsampling in software. I let Yggdrasil do all the upsampling.

From the first day I got A+ I had to deal with bugs. Some were just irritants while others were showstoppers. Yes, if I could get in touch with Damien he usually fixed the bugs in a timely manner. But he was often difficult to get touch with. The biggest problem I have with A+ is that there is only one person working on it. He goes on vacation? Good luck getting a bug fixed. He gets injured or, God forbid, dies and can't work on A+, were are screwed.

Roon just works. It has multiple programmers working on it and it is developed by a company with at least a reasonable amount of resources. No one person is so important that the product would die if something happened to them. Plus, Roon is just plain sexy and works EXTREMELY well. The UI is light years ahead of A+ as is the functionality. Yes, it cost quite a bit more than A+. The price difference was worth it to me.

Oh, I'll keep A+ around for when I go mobile with my laptop. But I am done paying for upgrades.