IGNORED

Audirvana 3.1

36 minutes ago, trybeingarun said:

Upsampling: Max sample rate upsampling

I'm not an expert on that, but if you want to upsample you should do it by x2 to your DAC max..

Do not play 44.1 at 96, or 192... but at 88.2 or 176...

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

3 hours ago, trybeingarun said:

Thanks, will try. Currently going through your post explaining how the settings work :D .

if you want to try my settings I've further adjusted them a little bit ...:

Steepness: 24
Filter: 512,000
Cutoff: 0.97
Anti-Aliasing: 100
Pre-Ringing: 0.68

... and -3db gain reduction to avoid intersample peaks (well, almost all... some few even peak above +3db)

Mac Mini, HQPlayer | iFi Zenstream | Intona 7055-B | Singxer SDA-6 pro | Vincent SV237 | Buchardt S400 | SPL Phonitor One | Beyer DT1990pro | Avantone Planar II
Desktop: Audirvana Origin | Intona 7054 | SMSL M500MKII | NAD C 316BEE | Aperion Novus B5 Bookshelf | Lehmann Rhinelander | Beyer DT700proX

8 hours ago, copy_of_a said:

... and -3db gain reduction to avoid intersample peaks (well, almost all... some few even peak above +3db)

Thank you. I will try your settings and see if it helps in my setup.

11 hours ago, copy_of_a said:

By -3db gain reduction you mean setting "Max. volume level" to -3dB, right? When I do that audirvana's volume goes down by 18 dB and I have to crank up my amp volume way too high (which is not a problem). Still, I din't imagine dBs reduced in "Max. volume level" will affect the total volume 6 times over!

Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 10.31.53 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 10.32.04 AM.png

2 hours ago, trybeingarun said:

By -3db gain reduction you mean setting "Max. volume level" to -3dB, right? When I do that audirvana's volume goes down by 18 dB and I have to crank up my amp volume way too high (which is not a problem). Still, I din't imagine dBs reduced in "Max. volume level" will affect the total volume 6 times over!

yes, I was referring to the max. volume level (in software only mode, though) but I wasn‘t aware that the messy setting is still not fixed. Since I use an EQ in the Audio Units section I reduce gain there.

Don‘t worry... most DACs have no issues with intersample peaks. 

Mac Mini, HQPlayer | iFi Zenstream | Intona 7055-B | Singxer SDA-6 pro | Vincent SV237 | Buchardt S400 | SPL Phonitor One | Beyer DT1990pro | Avantone Planar II
Desktop: Audirvana Origin | Intona 7054 | SMSL M500MKII | NAD C 316BEE | Aperion Novus B5 Bookshelf | Lehmann Rhinelander | Beyer DT700proX

22 hours ago, copy_of_a said:

Try this:

Integer Mode: 2

change in izotope parameters:

steepness: 31

cutoff:  0.96 (or 0.97)

Anti Aliasing: 100

what about your filter max length and pre-ringing settings?

Tidal / Qobuz--> Roon--> Fios Gigabit--> Netgear Prosafe GS105 --> Supra 8-->EtherRegen --> Fiber--> opticalRendu / CI Audio LPS --> Curious Evolved Link --> Chord Qutest--> AQ Water --> Belles Aria Integrated--> AQ Robin Hood--> Kudos Super 20's

3 minutes ago, OldBigEars said:

what about your filter max length and pre-ringing settings?

Ignore this - i just saw your later post with all your settings.  Very precise and specific - I'll give it a listen.

Tidal / Qobuz--> Roon--> Fios Gigabit--> Netgear Prosafe GS105 --> Supra 8-->EtherRegen --> Fiber--> opticalRendu / CI Audio LPS --> Curious Evolved Link --> Chord Qutest--> AQ Water --> Belles Aria Integrated--> AQ Robin Hood--> Kudos Super 20's

On 10/12/2017 at 11:15 PM, copy_of_a said:

I've been running this settings since you quoted and it's pretty good :-) . Thanks! Now i'll hope the max volume bug is fixed, as sometimes my volume goes up by 6 dB which is really annoying.

On 14.10.2017 at 10:07 AM, trybeingarun said:

I've been running this settings since you quoted and it's pretty good :-) . Thanks! Now i'll hope the max volume bug is fixed, as sometimes my volume goes up by 6 dB which is really annoying.

you can use AU Plugins to reduce gain.

There are many free plugins, here are just 3:

Simple Gain Tool (for volume control only certainly the easiest to use):

https://www.bluecataudio.com/Products/Product_GainSuite/

Download  -> "Mac AU" (installer contains 3 plugins: "stereo", "dual", "mono". Actually you'd only need to install the "stereo" version)

EQ: http://www.voxengo.com/product/marvelgeq/

EQ: http://www.tokyodawn.net/tdr-vos-slickeq/

I do appreciate this forum very much, reason why I come here frequently. Since I started using 3.1 I am experiencing constant crashes while streaming from Tidal. When streaming from NAS, Audirvana is perfectly stable. I checked the Audirvana site to find out if there is any communication channel to send a crash report, but could not find it. Sending the reports to Apple has not helped so far. Would anyone know how to get this to Damien? He is always so attentive to his customers, which is quite unusual in the general software industry. Apart from the crashes, sound is great, with a Mac Mini feeding a Hegel H160 using ethernet. Thank you, guys, for your lively and instructive posts. And special thanks to Damien for making such an awesome software available.

1 hour ago, Strelow_CN said:

Since I started using 3.1 I am experiencing constant crashes while streaming from Tidal. When streaming from NAS, Audirvana is perfectly stable. I checked the Audirvana site to find out if there is any communication channel to send a crash report, but could not find it. Sending the reports to Apple has not helped so far.

I use 3.1 and Tidal often with no problemsl.  I have a mac-mini and somewhat slow wifi connection, and the sound and performance is excellent.  Damien seems to check this forum occasionally and does seem to respond to crash reports if you can upload it.

Enjoy the music...

2012 Mac Mini, Mac Sierra OS, Audirvana 3.x, WireWorld Ultraviolet 7 USB Interconnect, Benchmark DAC2 L, Wireworld Equinox 7 Balanced XLR Interconnect, Belles 350A Amp, DIY Speaker Cables (18 strands of 22awg wire in circular array), DIY Carver Ribbon Speakers & Dayton Woofers

@Strelow_CN I used to experience the crashes you describe during the A+3.1 beta phase ... I also have a relatively slow internet connection ... but this was addressed pretty quickly by Damien and I don't get them anymore.

Main System: NAS or QOBUZ > BlueSound Node 2i > Schiit Gungnir MultiBit > PYST XLR > Schiit Mjolnir 2 or Gilmore Lite MK2

Office System: iMac > Audirvana > Schiit EITR + Audiophonics LPS25 > Metrum FLINT NOS DAC (DAC TWO chips) > Schiit Magni 3+ > Aeon Flow Open

Loudspeaker System: NAIM Muso Gen 2

6 hours ago, Strelow_CN said:

I do appreciate this forum very much, reason why I come here frequently. Since I started using 3.1 I am experiencing constant crashes while streaming from Tidal. When streaming from NAS, Audirvana is perfectly stable. I checked the Audirvana site to find out if there is any communication channel to send a crash report, but could not find it. Sending the reports to Apple has not helped so far. Would anyone know how to get this to Damien? He is always so attentive to his customers, which is quite unusual in the general software industry. Apart from the crashes, sound is great, with a Mac Mini feeding a Hegel H160 using ethernet. Thank you, guys, for your lively and instructive posts. And special thanks to Damien for making such an awesome software available.

Go to the Audirvana Plus site, register and ask for support. You really don’t have to wait here for support.

I have been having problems closing the program.

I get the spinning wheel for minutes and may have to force quit.

This is with an external DAC or internal sound.

Macbook Pro - Early 2011 - El Capitan 10.11.6

Is there any fix for that?

TY!

Jeff

Qobuz - HQPlayer(d) 5 - M1 Mini - RPI 5 8gb - Nuc i7 - Signature Silver DC - Keces P3 PS - Lush USB - Holo Spring Dac - SRC-DX - Chord Mojo2 - Bottlehead Crack Upgraded w/ GEC or Tung-Sol 6as7/vt231 - Triode Wire Labs AC - HD-650 - GR Research V2 - Dennis Murphy Pioneer BS22 - B&W 602 S2 - Apple Music Spatial 7.1.4

12 minutes ago, Musicophile said:

Changes to the UI, and a Windows version.

Yes, I'm really looking forward to A+ on Windows.  I don't plan to replace my mid-2012 MBP with another Apple product, but I want to continue using A+.  I don't know about that YE2017 availability date.  Nothing ever comes out on schedule.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

1 hour ago, AudioDoctor said:

I am worried that trying to support the two different operating systems will make both less than they could be if Damien stuck with just Apple.

I’d also have preferred eg a new release of the iOS remote first and a focus on one platform only. By we can’t really blame Damien for wanting to potentially more than double his user base. 

6 hours ago, Musicophile said:

Some changes coming to A+, see the attached article (in French):

https://www.on-mag.fr/index.php/topaudio/actualites-news/16887-audirvana-plus-l-application-hifi-audiophile-de-reference-pour-mac-enfin-disponible-sur-pc

Changes to the UI, and a Windows version.

the redesigned interface looks really nice!

Maybe the background can be set to light or dark as with some other players ? I'm OK with the dark one, particularly at night.

Main System: NAS or QOBUZ > BlueSound Node 2i > Schiit Gungnir MultiBit > PYST XLR > Schiit Mjolnir 2 or Gilmore Lite MK2

Office System: iMac > Audirvana > Schiit EITR + Audiophonics LPS25 > Metrum FLINT NOS DAC (DAC TWO chips) > Schiit Magni 3+ > Aeon Flow Open

Loudspeaker System: NAIM Muso Gen 2