IGNORED

Audirvana 3.1

8 minutes ago, Lang Ht said:

I went to these folders but there are not any files from A+. 

You have looked in the right library... Not the System one, not the User Home one, the other one ? :) 

if yes, it is strange, like it was never before installed... this is suppose to have some files there since long ago, before A+ v3.

You can try what i posted above for Starting fresh...

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

If you are not scare of putting my preferences files in the same folders on your Mac, i've put mine on Dropbox. Just to see if it work. Yes, it could be a malware, a virus, i could be a mean person... but that won't arm your computer, i'm just friendly.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bqlzdlbt8s017r8/AudirvanaSysOptPrefFiles.zip?dl=0

If you download it, Close A+, replace or put those in your Mac, restart the Mac, then restart A+ and see.

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

I have had this happening for a while, I think I have posted about it before but never had a response.

When I have System Optimizations enabled, and turn A+ off, it sends Spotlight into a FIT that takes over my computer for a number of minutes while it reindexes something, not sure what.

Without SysOpt enabled, I do not have this problem.  Is there a Fix?  Anyone else have this problem?

No electron left behind.

26 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

I have had this happening for a while, I think I have posted about it before but never had a response.

When I have System Optimizations enabled, and turn A+ off, it sends Spotlight into a FIT that takes over my computer for a number of minutes while it reindexes something, not sure what.

Without SysOpt enabled, I do not have this problem.  Is there a Fix?  Anyone else have this problem?

I never got the point of Spotlight. I have everything in the Spotlight System Preferences unchecked. Also have all drives exempted from search in the "Privacy" tab. If you do that, and also turn off Time Machine in the System Prefs, you really don't need to run SysOpt.

8 hours ago, RunHomeSlow said:

You have looked in the right library... Not the System one, not the User Home one, the other one ? :) 

if yes, it is strange, like it was never before installed... this is suppose to have some files there since long ago, before A+ v3.

You can try what i posted above for Starting fresh...

I went to system library folder, user library folder. By selecting Go - computer I went to Main folder but in the 2 folders there aren't any files from A+

5 hours ago, Lang Ht said:

I went to system library folder, user library folder. By selecting Go - computer I went to Main folder but in the 2 folders there aren't any files from A+

this is where they are... as you can see, in the message i posted earlier that i have put the same files with same dates in my dropbox for you to try to put mine in yours (no sex involve here :)) if you have nothing there on your mac... if you go to right place and have something like mine, close A+,  trash them, restart Mac, then restart A+ and reinstall SysOpt

Snapz001.jpg

8 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

For what i've seen here and on Audirvana own forum with many people, maybe not majority like Musicophile said,

is since version 3.0 or 3.0.1 not sure, when Damien change something in the System Optimizer, many people have had bugs...

like the preferences where not flush before making the change that Damien did with the coding or something like it, and the preferences got corrupted for some and not for others... Same thing happenned for many with Database passing from 2.6.6 to v3

You can try trashing the 4 files like i said in the post above this one...

i think you should have some there as oppose to Lang Ht... or copy then somewhere, then trash it and try reinstalling SysOpt. If not working, put yours back where they were.

7 hours ago, wwaldmanfan said:

I never got the point of Spotlight. I have everything in the Spotlight System Preferences unchecked. Also have all drives exempted from search in the "Privacy" tab. If you do that, and also turn off Time Machine in the System Prefs, you really don't need to run SysOpt.

Me too i have those off and all notifications off also, so SysOpt is not very much needed for me but i have no bug, so it is on :) 

but maybe your FIT thing is related that Spotlight never finished indexing your MAC in the first place,

let it go all night and see if it is finish in the morning and it never bugs you after...

8 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

You can try also deleting the Apple Spolight preferences in your Home Libray Folder: com.apple.Spotlight.plist

Trash, Restart Mac, let System index Mac again before playing music, go to sleep and see next morning when opening A+

1 hour ago, RunHomeSlow said:

this is where they are... as you can see, in the message i posted earlier that i have put the same files with same dates in my dropbox for you to try to put mine in yours (no sex involve here :)) if you have nothing there on your mac... if you go to right place and have something like mine, close A+,  trash them, restart Mac, then restart A+ and reinstall SysOpt

Snapz001.jpg

" (no sex involve here :)) "

HAHAHAHAHAHA

No electron left behind.

1 hour ago, RunHomeSlow said:

For what i've seen here and on Audirvana own forum with many people, maybe not majority like Musicophile said,

is since version 3.0 or 3.0.1 not sure, when Damien change something in the System Optimizer, many people have had bugs...

like the preferences where not flush before making the change that Damien did with the coding or something like it, and the preferences got corrupted for some and not for others... Same thing happenned for many with Database passing from 2.6.6 to v3

You can try trashing the 4 files like i said in the post above this one...

i think you should have some there as oppose to Lang Ht... or copy then somewhere, then trash it and try reinstalling SysOpt. If not working, put yours back where they were.

Me too i have those off and all notifications off also, so SysOpt is not very much needed for me but i have no bug, so it is on :) 

but maybe your FIT thing is related that Spotlight never finished indexing your MAC in the first place,

let it go all night and see if it is finish in the morning and it never bugs you after...

Spotlight won't go all night, just for a few minutes.

No electron left behind.

21 hours ago, RunHomeSlow said:

If you are not scare of putting my preferences files in the same folders on your Mac, i've put mine on Dropbox. Just to see if it work. Yes, it could be a malware, a virus, i could be a mean person... but that won't arm your computer, i'm just friendly.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bqlzdlbt8s017r8/AudirvanaSysOptPrefFiles.zip?dl=0

If you download it, Close A+, replace or put those in your Mac, restart the Mac, then restart A+ and see.

I already fixed the error as your guide. In the 2 folders there were not any files of A+ so I put your fíle and A+ works correctly with Sysopt. Thank you very much 

34 minutes ago, Lang Ht said:

I already fixed the error as your guide. In the 2 folders there were not any files of A+ so I put your fíle and A+ works correctly with Sysopt. Thank you very much 

Great!!

This might help Damien fix the issue for the next version... Their is surely something to learn from that, î’m not a programmer ?

2 hours ago, RunHomeSlow said:

Great!!

This might help Damien fix the issue for the next version... Their is surely something to learn from that, î’m not a programmer ?

This shows an installation issue. And maybe due to wrong permissions of the two folders where the privileged helper tool is to be installed. If any one has such issue, can he check the permissions of those two folders before copying manually as the files as per RunHomeSlow nice guide?

In the previous version of SysOptimizer, it was always refusing to install if the parent folder permissions were not correct, to avoid any security issue. Such wrong permissions were caused by another application installing not really cautiously its privileged helper tool.

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

Thanks, Damien, this gives me hope!  I will try v3.1.2 asap and report back as to whether it fixed the issues I described above.

Melco HA-N1ZH60 Mk. 1 --> USB --> Matrix X-SPDIF 2 --> I2S --> PS Audio DirectStream Sr. DAC --> XLR --> Mark Levinson No. 326S --> RCA --> JL Audio E-Sub e110 (active crossover @ 100 Hz) --> RCA --> Bryston 4B3 (Cubed) --> Magnepan .7

1 hour ago, damien78 said:

This shows an installation issue. And maybe due to wrong permissions of the two folders where the privileged helper tool is to be installed. If any one has such issue, can he check the permissions of those two folders before copying manually as the files as per RunHomeSlow nice guide?

In the previous version of SysOptimizer, it was always refusing to install if the parent folder permissions were not correct, to avoid any security issue. Such wrong permissions were caused by another application installing not really cautiously its privileged helper tool.

I took pictures of my 4 working files from my previous System Sierra... working in my High Sierra System now.

And the 2 folders they are in that was created new from fresh High Sierra installer.

As i mentionned on earlier post, i could not get the SysOpt myself to work

when installing fresh System on newly erased Mac Mini. If it could help you...

Snapz001.jpg

Snapz002.jpg

3 hours ago, RunHomeSlow said:

I took pictures of my 4 working files from my previous System Sierra... working in my High Sierra System now.

And the 2 folders they are in that was created new from fresh High Sierra installer.

As i mentionned on earlier post, i could not get the SysOpt myself to work

when installing fresh System on newly erased Mac Mini. If it could help you...

Snapz001.jpg

Snapz002.jpg

Interesting as both folders should be owned by root, and not the user as this is a security hole.

A bug in High Sierra beta installer?

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

56 minutes ago, damien78 said:

Interesting as both folders should be owned by root, and not the user as this is a security hole.

A bug in High Sierra beta installer?

Maybe i copied the folders not just the files, not sure now ?

but when looking at the dates, the files never changed, but the folders are changing dates everyday, maybe its normal.

i repaired permissions twice at least since high sierra because of direc mode, so i think this would have bern repaired?? Too much for my knowledge ?

@damien78  I think you'd like to know that when I opened A+ this morning, it told me the new version was available.  I downloaded it and it extracted, and then asked me if I wanted to install and relaunch.  It shut down A+ and did not install or relaunch.

I downloaded the new one and installed it manually and it appears to be working fine so no worries there, just an informative tidbit for you if it matters.

No electron left behind.