IGNORED

Audirvana 3.1

1 hour ago, rickca said:

Deleted

Heh, didn’t think it would take you long to figure it out. :)

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

On 18/09/2017 at 1:03 PM, Jud said:

Wifi - signal is very good.

Tried with 44.1 resolution and had no problem; the difficulty was with 192 resolution.  So it is probably just my old 2009 MacBook getting a little tired ( :) ) when upsampling 192 to DSD256.  I can send logs to confirm.

Edit: And that is likely why I only noticed it with 3.1.3 - just by chance I probably didn't use 3.1.2 with 192 resolution files.

Hi Jude, sorry for perhaps a naive question, but what is the benefit of  upscaling 192 to DSD when your transport is wifi  ? Wifi's limitation, from what I've understood is limited to 16/44 or in very specific case max up to 96/24 . Something specific with microrendu?

Imac 27" I5 8Go - El Capitan - Audirvana 2.6.3 & Audirvana Remote - Airfoil 5.1.0 - Streamer/DAC Marantz M CR510 - HiFi Cable Super MaxiTrans 2 - B&W 602 S2

On the subject of 24/192, I am using A+ v3.1.4 and I still cannot play 24/192 files to the renderers in my Melco and PS Audio Bridge II.  I know it is not the hardware because 24/192 files play fine when I use various control point apps and programs, including Kazoo.

Melco HA-N1ZH60 Mk. 1 --> USB --> Matrix X-SPDIF 2 --> I2S --> PS Audio DirectStream Sr. DAC --> XLR --> Mark Levinson No. 326S --> RCA --> JL Audio E-Sub e110 (active crossover @ 100 Hz) --> RCA --> Bryston 4B3 (Cubed) --> Magnepan .7

19 hours ago, PGRPGRPG said:

Hi Jude, sorry for perhaps a naive question, but what is the benefit of  upscaling 192 to DSD when your transport is wifi  ? Wifi's limitation, from what I've understood is limited to 16/44 or in very specific case max up to 96/24 . Something specific with microrendu?

Different sorts of WiFi. :)

Ethernet input DACs currently are somewhat limited regarding the file resolutions they can accept, if I remember correctly.  But here we’re talking about something different: WiFi transmission to a receiver that connects to the DAC via USB, so any input resolution your USB DAC will accept is possible.  A good WiFi connection is plenty fast enough for this.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

guys what filter settings do you use for upasmpling to DSD?

Thnx!

Mac Mini with JRMC26 or Audirvana  / Raspberry4B_4GB(GentooPlayer_LMS) / Raspberry Rpi3B+: Allo DigiOne(GentooPlayer) - M2Tech Evo DAC Two Plus/iPurifier2 - Schiit Vali 2 - Densen DM20pre/30pwr amps - Spendor SP2/3E, Sennheiser HD600 & HD25Aluminum - Audeze Sine

Cables: Vovox, DIY, Furutech. 

Portable sources: iPad, DELL Laptop with JRiver MC26

38 minutes ago, DomieMic65 said:

guys what filter settings do you use for upasmpling to DSD?

Thnx!

Try here:

https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forums/topic/29516-audirvana-how-to-select-izotope-settings/?tab=comments#comment-588670

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

Does anybody have a suggestion for software other than onyx to use in the repair permissions process that enables director mode?  I am not which other utility might do exactly what is needed.

Don’t know how long before Onyx devs come out with a version compatible with High Sierra. I jumped from El Capitan so this is my first experience with the direct mode hack.

You need to fix the permissions on the kext file after it is installed. With System Integrity still off, issue these commands:

sudo chmod 755 /System/Library/Extensions/IOAudioFamily.kext

sudo chown root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/IOAudioFamily.kext

Then re-enable System Integrity and reboot. That should fix it. I can't verify that right now....

3 hours ago, Rezseeker said:

Does anybody have a suggestion for software other than onyx to use in the repair permissions process that enables director mode?  I am not which other utility might do exactly what is needed.

Don’t know how long before Onyx devs come out with a version compatible with High Sierra. I jumped from El Capitan so this is my first experience with the direct mode hack.

See ny post here for direct mode link for high sierra, read the text there

https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forums/topic/37100-macos-high-sierra/?do=findComment&comment=723346

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

21 minutes ago, Rezseeker said:

Thanks RunHomeSlow. I started it, but only got as far as downloading the app and doing the first step before I got a "file not found error":

Then, in your Finder Mac Menu ' Go ' Choose: Go to folder...
Paste:
/usr/local/bin

I'll wait for Onyx. Cheers

Yes, when you go in GO menu in Finder... at the Bottom of the menu you have Go To Folder option... paste the " /usr/local/bin"

Then, it will open another search finder window, just drop the Repair Permission unzipped file there, like in my picture.

Then it will be always there if you update your OS and have to repair permission again. It's faster then Onyx also...

but Onyx will be good too, if you can wait :)

Snapz023.jpg

I began comparing Audirvana and Roon and liked the SQ over Roon. I’ve been using it for a few weeks now and am hoping you could advise me on a few problems I’m having with the A+ remote. 

1.  I need to be able to see my recently added music. I’ve got lots of files and it’s too hard to remember everything I’ve added. On the Mac, Audirvana gives me 2 ways to do so: 1) organize my library by Date Added, or 2) create a Smart Playlist based on Date Added. These are typical features almost all music servers offer and A-vana delivers (on the Mac). 

However, neither method works using the A+ remote on my iPad. Understand I use the remote/iPad in a room apart from the Mac. I actually mirror the iPad onto a large video monitor.

As to the Library, when you view it on the remote it will not replicate the way it’s organized on the Mac A-vana app. It only lists in alphabetical default in the A+ remote browser. Date Added is not one of the criteria with which you can filter. 

With Playlists, it does not display the Smart Playlist organizing all tracks by Date Added as it has been created on the Mac. It ignores it and displays tracks in alphabetical order. So the A+ seems not so smart or not as smart as it’s mother. This is driving me crazy and I’ve gotten no help from A-vana. 

2.  Album art on the iPad A+ remote regularly goes out of focus! I have to navigate away from Track Playing and back again to get it to resolve. Another bad user experience. 

3. When using A+ remote and displaying the Track Playing view (mimalist view showing primarily album art and controls below it), when moving to horizontal from vertical format, the Queue will appear with no way to slide it off. When it appears, the Settings “gear” appears on the upper left and Edit on the right. If I go back to vertical, the queue slides off and Track Playing appears as it should. Turn to horizontal and the Queue reappears next to the album art with no way to slide it off (that I’ve discovered yet). There are times when the horizontal Track Playing album art appears in horizontal as it should but I have no clue why. 

I find these issues to be a bit maddening when listening to music, and am about to switch back to Roon. I will be grateful for your counsel and hope I don’t have to!

thanks. 

1 hour ago, Bruce Orr said:

With Playlists, it does not display the Smart Playlist organizing all tracks by Date Added as it has been created on the Mac. It ignores it and displays tracks in alphabetical order. So the A+ seems not so smart or not as smart as it’s mother. This is driving me crazy and I’ve gotten no help from A-vana. 

Join the club my friend. Been asking for sorting-by-column in the playlist for a loooong time.

Thanks for replying, Lonf. So we both belong to a club we’ve no interest in joining. Makes me think A-vana really does not understand how people want to listen to music, nor listen to feedback from their users. This feature is SOP on every other music server I’ve tried!  

Have you experienced the other A+ problems I’ve been having?

It will be pretty easy to switch back to Roon if this is the best I can expect from Audirvana. 

Thanks again. 

16 hours ago, RunHomeSlow said:

Yes, when you go in GO menu in Finder... at the Bottom of the menu you have Go To Folder option... paste the " /usr/local/bin"

Then, it will open another search finder window, just drop the Repair Permission unzipped file there, like in my picture.

Then it will be always there if you update your OS and have to repair permission again. It's faster then Onyx also...

but Onyx will be good too, if you can wait :)

Snapz023.jpg

Thanks again. I really appreciate you taking time to follow up!

Good news from Audirvana! Got this update from them this morning:

”Currently, there is no option to sort by Date Added first on A+ remote. From your feedback, this is something I’m going to add to the next update of A+ Remote. And I may even make this one before scheduled to incorporate such small update. Stay tuned for this update in the coming couple of weeks”