IGNORED

Audirvana 3.1

7 hours ago, Bruce Orr said:

Good news from Audirvana! Got this update from them this morning:

”Currently, there is no option to sort by Date Added first on A+ remote. From your feedback, this is something I’m going to add to the next update of A+ Remote. And I may even make this one before scheduled to incorporate such small update. Stay tuned for this update in the coming couple of weeks”

I'm not a user of the Remote app.  I was referring to sorting by column within the main Play Queue. Hopefully the fix in the Remote will manifest as a fix to the Main App as well.  Beyond frustrating as I have been a huge fan and paid user of A+ since nearly the beginning.

1 hour ago, Bruce Orr said:

PS. The Queue also has a column for Date Added, allowing for ascending or descending lists

Really? On mine (3.1.4) the play queue is not sortable. You can add the column for Date Added (or anything else) but clicking on it has no effect.

You are 100% right. I reacted to quickly and when I saw the Date Added column listed in the Queue view, assumed it was functional. I tried first putting the Library in Date Added most recent first, then creating a Playlist with cherry-picked songs and that didnt work. Despite showing a Date Added column in the Playlist, it will only list them in the order the tracks were added. The Date Added ascending/descending feature is disabled!  Sorry for creating confusion (or even a bit of hope!).  We'll see how this plays out with the update they said was coming soon.

I tot t

5 minutes ago, jimdukey said:

Just got AV+ 3.15/Sierra, is getting low-level crunchy distortion on Mytek 24/192/DSD Dac.

Never happened on earlier version, all settings the same.

Lights going into red.

Doesn't happen on HQ/Mytek.

I got this low level distortion too, but after the Sierra update and a new/fresh sync it seems to disappear. But I do have a new problem and that is that some settings disappear in Audirvana, and have to start again.

3 hours ago, jimdukey said:

Just got AV+ 3.15/Sierra, is getting low-level crunchy distortion on Mytek 24/192/DSD Dac.

Never happened on earlier version, all settings the same.

Lights going into red.

Doesn't happen on HQ/Mytek.

Same here with Mytek 24/192 DSD DAC: Rare distortion and clicks when sample rate changes. Never happend in earlier versions of A+.

MacMini 2018 OS 10.14 | XLD | Yate | iTunes 10.7 | Audirvana 3.5.50 | RME ADI-2 DAC fs | Bryston BHA-1 | Hifiman Arya

3 hours ago, jimdukey said:

Hi, I'm already on Sierra.

What is  "new/fresh sync?"

I'll try it!

In the preferences -> library map, you can delete the old one and make a new one.

It will take some time depending on the size of your library.

It is advisable to delete all the present files first, which you can find in the Audirvana Plus database file location .

You can find this location in Library map too.

Good luck!

13 minutes ago, Nico said:

Same here with Mytek 24/192 DSD DAC: Rare distortion and clicks when sample rate changes. Never happend in earlier versions of A+.

I have more or less the same findings. I guess Damien is already working on it, but perhaps High Sierra is te source, or Damien need to catchup a little. Sorry for my English.

I installed the trial version of A+ 2 days ago.    A+ works fine but I can't play any other applications through my DAC.  I've tried unchecking the exclusive access mode box but it didn't make a difference.  I've also tried to quit A+ but that didn't help either.   Is there a way to disable or change something in A+ to allow you to play Youtube or other audio through your DAC?    I've got to believe that this has been addressed before, but I have not been able to find any solution on line.  For a while I was able to play audio from other applications through my iMac speakers, but I can't even get sound through them now.

After listening to the latest version of Audiorvana, I switched off of Roon.

Great detail, tone and soundstage.   Double checked and went back to existing system and

realized what all that I was missing.  Pretty amazing!

Jeff

Qobuz - HQPlayer(d) 5 - M1 Mini - RPI 5 8gb - Nuc i7 - Signature Silver DC - Keces P3 PS - Lush USB - Holo Spring Dac - SRC-DX - Chord Mojo2 - Bottlehead Crack Upgraded w/ GEC or Tung-Sol 6as7/vt231 - Triode Wire Labs AC - HD-650 - GR Research V2 - Dennis Murphy Pioneer BS22 - B&W 602 S2 - Apple Music Spatial 7.1.4

9 minutes ago, jkelly said:

After listening to the latest version of Audiorvana, I switched off of Roon.

Great detail, tone and soundstage.   Double checked and went back to existing system and

realized what all that I was missing.  Pretty amazing!

Jeff

I have Roon installed and was considering replacing it with Audirvana.    Since installing Audirvana, Roon won't play through my dac and I can't compare the two.    Did you have a way to shut off or remove the exclusive access that Audirvana has to be able to play Roon?

7 hours ago, infonut said:

I have Roon installed and was considering replacing it with Audirvana.    Since installing Audirvana, Roon won't play through my dac and I can't compare the two.    Did you have a way to shut off or remove the exclusive access that Audirvana has to be able to play Roon?

As far as I known you have to qiuite/stop A+ completely before you can listen to an other player. My experience: if you like meta data, take Roon and if you like music, take Audirvana.

I installed the last update, 3.15, and it happens randomly that all preferences are reset to the initial settings, the preferred doc in Audio system, the Advanced parameters in Izotope settings in Audio filters, the volume control type and the Max volume level in Audio volume, the Audio units and the database file location in Library ... that is very annoying, I'm back to version 3.14

Stefano

My audio system

9 minutes ago, stefano_mbp said:

I installed the last update, 3.15, and it happens randomly that all preferences are reset to the initial settings, the preferred doc in Audio system, the Advanced parameters in Izotope settings in Audio filters, the volume control type and the Max volume level in Audio volume, the Audio units and the database file location in Library ... that is very annoying, I'm back to version 3.14

Yes, it’s a problem other people have too, see above, but I’m sure Damien wil solve this in a new release coming soon, so I will wait for that.

4 hours ago, jos said:

As far as I known you have to qiuite/stop A+ completely before you can listen to an other player. My experience: if you like meta data, take Roon and if you like music, take Audirvana.

I'm new to Roon, after being with A+ since 2012.  Too early for a conclusive view, but I'm leaning strongly towards Roon in my system - for the superior sound quality I'm experiencing.  I'm not really interested in the metadata, but it's there anyway.  I've dicked around so much with the Isotope filters on A+ over the years - thought I had it all sorted.  The tone I'm getting with Roon seems to suit my equipment very well.  But I'll let you all know in a month or so.

Tidal / Qobuz--> Roon--> Fios Gigabit--> Netgear Prosafe GS105 --> Supra 8-->EtherRegen --> Fiber--> opticalRendu / CI Audio LPS --> Curious Evolved Link --> Chord Qutest--> AQ Water --> Belles Aria Integrated--> AQ Robin Hood--> Kudos Super 20's

59 minutes ago, OldBigEars said:

I'm new to Roon, after being with A+ since 2012.  Too early for a conclusive view, but I'm leaning strongly towards Roon in my system - for the superior sound quality I'm experiencing.  I'm not really interested in the metadata, but it's there anyway.  I've dicked around so much with the Isotope filters on A+ over the years - thought I had it all sorted.  The tone I'm getting with Roon seems to suit my equipment very well.  But I'll let you all know in a month or so.

Thanks for your reply and I will look forward to hear your experiences with both players. I tried Roon quite a long time ago and I didn’t like the interface at all (I am old fashioned). I also use pure Music as a player, but most times I use A+. I never used Isotope filters, or so. In the past I used iTunes Equalizer, but after selling my Elac speakers and buying Revel F208 speakers, I noticed that I didn’t need to change anything to better the sound.

5 hours ago, jos said:

Thanks for your reply and I will look forward to hear your experiences with both players. I tried Roon quite a long time ago and I didn’t like the interface at all (I am old fashioned). I also use pure Music as a player, but most times I use A+. I never used Isotope filters, or so. In the past I used iTunes Equalizer, but after selling my Elac speakers and buying Revel F208 speakers, I noticed that I didn’t need to change anything to better the sound.

I absolutely hated the Roon UI when I first downloaded it.  I still prefer the simplicity of A+.  But I'm getting more accustomed to how the Roon app works, like you do.  The main point for me is SQ.  I need to give this a little longer....I'm shaking off a cold and it's playing havoc with my hearing - which is not ideal for making evaluations of audio gear, is it?  Up 'til now, with ears slightly blocked, I'm favoring Roon.

Tidal / Qobuz--> Roon--> Fios Gigabit--> Netgear Prosafe GS105 --> Supra 8-->EtherRegen --> Fiber--> opticalRendu / CI Audio LPS --> Curious Evolved Link --> Chord Qutest--> AQ Water --> Belles Aria Integrated--> AQ Robin Hood--> Kudos Super 20's

1 hour ago, OldBigEars said:

I absolutely hated the Roon UI when I first downloaded it.  I still prefer the simplicity of A+.  But I'm getting more accustomed to how the Roon app works, like you do.  The main point for me is SQ.  I need to give this a little longer....I'm shaking off a cold and it's playing havoc with my hearing - which is not ideal for making evaluations of audio gear, is it?  Up 'til now, with ears slightly blocked, I'm favoring Roon.

Yes, you should take your time to find out what is best for you with the gear you use. I play my music mostly random and I sync my music with iTunes, so A+ is fine for me. However, the consensus is that A+ is the better sounding app and Roon the better overall database. My next step will be a better DAC.