IGNORED

Audirvana 3.1

27 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

@damien78  I think you'd like to know that when I opened A+ this morning, it told me the new version was available.  I downloaded it and it extracted, and then asked me if I wanted to install and relaunch.  It shut down A+ and did not install or relaunch.

same here 

it installed with the 2nd attempt

Mac Mini with JRMC26 or Audirvana  / Raspberry4B_4GB(GentooPlayer_LMS) / Raspberry Rpi3B+: Allo DigiOne(GentooPlayer) - M2Tech Evo DAC Two Plus/iPurifier2 - Schiit Vali 2 - Densen DM20pre/30pwr amps - Spendor SP2/3E, Sennheiser HD600 & HD25Aluminum - Audeze Sine

Cables: Vovox, DIY, Furutech. 

Portable sources: iPad, DELL Laptop with JRiver MC26

just another two cents to a, as it seems unsolved, problem of my system

In the screenshot is shown the computers activity after some time I forgot A+ open without playing music

As it seems the problem with the program and the computers memory is happening even if the A+ does not play.... or may be it is not playback related at all!!

I noticed also that very very often -not to say always- the thumbnails of the albums reload... they all the time disappear and reappear .... I don't know if this rings any bells!!!

No other program was running except A+ (without playing) and Activity Monitor

It would be great if I solve this issue... the upnp option of A+ is very promising!!!

Thank you !

Screen Shot 2017-08-31 at 23.51.27.png

Mac Mini with JRMC26 or Audirvana  / Raspberry4B_4GB(GentooPlayer_LMS) / Raspberry Rpi3B+: Allo DigiOne(GentooPlayer) - M2Tech Evo DAC Two Plus/iPurifier2 - Schiit Vali 2 - Densen DM20pre/30pwr amps - Spendor SP2/3E, Sennheiser HD600 & HD25Aluminum - Audeze Sine

5 hours ago, Andrey said:

Damien, why does Audirvana (3.1.2) show a volume level of -8.8 dB at startup?

After playing the first track, this window no longer appears.

DAC Lynx Hilo.

599efdad70ba1_2017-08-2419_21_10.png.ea001075ceb15e09cf0a9f63f43420be.png

Sorry to detract but the Hilo is DSD capable. Shouldn't the sample rate show 384kHz?

Also I have no interest in networked audio but was wondering if there are any other reasons to update? Happily using V3.0.7. 

Cheers

A query - does A+ handle dsf512 files?

First time I tried one & seem to be getting a pcm conversion. Using an iDSD micro black ed. dsf256 is fine.

macmini M1>ethernet / elgar iso tran(2.5kVa, .0005pfd)>consonance pw-3 boards>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360)>etherRegen(js-2)>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360) >ultraRendu (clones lpsu>lps1.2)>curious regen link>rme adi-2 dac(js-2)>cawsey cables>naquadria sp2 passive pre> 1.naquadria lucien mkII.5 power>elac fs249be + elac 4pi plus.2> 2.perreaux9000b(mods)>2x naquadria 12” passive subs.

12 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

@damien78  I think you'd like to know that when I opened A+ this morning, it told me the new version was available.  I downloaded it and it extracted, and then asked me if I wanted to install and relaunch.  It shut down A+ and did not install or relaunch.

I downloaded the new one and installed it manually and it appears to be working fine so no worries there, just an informative tidbit for you if it matters.

@damien78 I've too have had this issue for a while (also prior to 3.x) on my home office Mac; never on the main system. I have managed to update eventually, usually immediately after a restart of the Mac + sometimes, after a repair of permissions. Same OS on the two Mac's, but my main system is the latest iMac as opposed to the 2008 model in my office.

Apart from this issue A+ works properly :)

Cheers

Lars

Mac Mini late 2020 / 16GB RAM / OSX Big Sur; Rockna Wavelight DAC; TDSS Level-3 upgraded NuForce Ref.9 V2 SE power amps; Avalon Eclipse Classic speakers; 2 REL T/9i subwoofers; PS PowerPlant 3.

Analog : SOTA turntable w/ Morch DP-6 tone arm / van den Hul FROG cartridge. Densen RIAA DP02 MC

11 hours ago, jamesg11 said:

A query - does A+ handle dsf512 files?

First time I tried one & seem to be getting a pcm conversion. Using an iDSD micro black ed. dsf256 is fine.

Hi James, There's a firmware upgrade you need to run for your iDSD micro. I don't remember (or didn't really understand!) the details, but the gist of it is that running DSF512 requires the decoder (or A+ ?) to think it can do PCM768. Once you run the firmware update it will show DSD768, but you have to be careful NOT to let A+  try to use it for PCM. It's only for the quad-DSD... Don't have the link handy, but check the iFi site.

On 9/1/2017 at 0:11 AM, DomieMic65 said:

just another two cents to a, as it seems unsolved, problem of my system

In the screenshot is shown the computers activity after some time I forgot A+ open without playing music

As it seems the problem with the program and the computers memory is happening even if the A+ does not play.... or may be it is not playback related at all!!

I noticed also that very very often -not to say always- the thumbnails of the albums reload... they all the time disappear and reappear .... I don't know if this rings any bells!!!

No other program was running except A+ (without playing) and Activity Monitor

It would be great if I solve this issue... the upnp option of A+ is very promising!!!

Thank you !

Screen Shot 2017-08-31 at 23.51.27.png

Guys and Damien the problem 100% is related to the library!

I deleted the whole library and loaded some albums to the Play Queue with drag and drop.

I set “power of two” upsampling and everything is working fine! No compression or swap of RAM!

It seems that the program I do not know why always scans the drives and rebuilds the library? Or I do not know how to describe it... 

Is there any ideas about a solution? It’s not playback related for sure....

Thank you one more time!!

5 hours ago, DomieMic65 said:

Guys and Damien the problem 100% is related to the library!

I deleted the whole library and loaded some albums to the Play Queue with drag and drop.

I set “power of two” upsampling and everything is working fine! No compression or swap of RAM!

It seems that the program I do not know why always scans the drives and rebuilds the library? Or I do not know how to describe it... 

Is there any ideas about a solution? It’s not playback related for sure....

Thank you one more time!!

Just delete your library if you think it is that... go the A+ pref panel, delete the library with the minus sign while clicking on the music folder you added then. Close A+, Restart Mac... Open A+ again after, it will ask where is your music folder... if not, reopen A+ pref panel and add a music folder, if you have more than one, do it one at the time...

but, best thing for you if you didn't tried it already is to read back the thread here, from last page to beginning and try a Starting from fresh installation of A+ that i posted many times, since you have more bugs than fun...

then after, have fun :)

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

There are options since version 3 or later or little before, can't remember. If you have trouble with Database or pauses or anything you don't know, start here... Optimize your database with those 3 options there... Might help in the first place :)

Snapz002.jpg

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

1 hour ago, RunHomeSlow said:

Just delete your library if you think it is that... go the A+ pref panel, delete the library with the minus sign while clicking on the music folder you added then. Close A+, Restart Mac... Open A+ again after, it will ask where is your music folder... if not, reopen A+ pref panel and add a music folder, if you have more than one, do it one at the time...

but, best thing for you if you didn't tried it already is to read back the thread here, from last page to beginning and try a Starting from fresh installation of A+ that i posted many times, since you have more bugs than fun...

then after, have fun :)

But I said I did that!

I did exactly as you said and installed A+ from scratch!

The bug reappeared!

The problem is 100% library related because in the way I described above I managed to play music in every possible way (bit perfect, upsampling, max upsampling, DSD upsampling -even 128-) with no problem at all!

I will set it to re build the library and I will try the optimization option! This I did not know...

Thnx once more!

3 minutes ago, DomieMic65 said:

But I said I did that!

I did exactly as you said and installed A+ from scratch!

The bug reappeared!

The problem is 100% library related because in the way I described above I managed to play music in every possible way (bit perfect, upsampling, max upsampling, DSD upsampling -even 128-) with no problem at all!

I will set it to re build the library and I will try the optimization option! This I did not know...

Thnx once more!

The bug reappeared!

I surely miss something here, because if you started from scratch, your library must be new to A+ with no bugs...

when it is old library from like 1.5 version of A+ or v2 and Damien did many Otimisations things or downsations things :)

that might 'upseted' your music files, it should have been gone with new start from scratch! no? like you never used A+ in the first place...

Maybe your files are the problems or disc... what is your problem again? :)

Yes, do optimize...

12 hours ago, bnbayer said:

Hi James, There's a firmware upgrade you need to run for your iDSD micro. I don't remember (or didn't really understand!) the details, but the gist of it is that running DSF512 requires the decoder (or A+ ?) to think it can do PCM768. Once you run the firmware update it will show DSD768, but you have to be careful NOT to let A+  try to use it for PCM. It's only for the quad-DSD... Don't have the link handy, but check the iFi site.

Ok, thanks ...

Or, does the dac need to be pcm1024 capable to do dsd512 on a mac/A+?

pcm768 & dsd256 are good.

macmini M1>ethernet / elgar iso tran(2.5kVa, .0005pfd)>consonance pw-3 boards>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360)>etherRegen(js-2)>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360) >ultraRendu (clones lpsu>lps1.2)>curious regen link>rme adi-2 dac(js-2)>cawsey cables>naquadria sp2 passive pre> 1.naquadria lucien mkII.5 power>elac fs249be + elac 4pi plus.2> 2.perreaux9000b(mods)>2x naquadria 12” passive subs.

4 hours ago, RunHomeSlow said:

The bug reappeared!

I surely miss something here, because if you started from scratch, your library must be new to A+ with no bugs...

when it is old library from like 1.5 version of A+ or v2 and Damien did many Otimisations things or downsations things :)

that might 'upseted' your music files, it should have been gone with new start from scratch! no? like you never used A+ in the first place...

Maybe your files are the problems or disc... what is your problem again? :)

Yes, do optimize...

Well finally the solution was to rebuild the library but not setting the program to "see" the whole external drives I have connected to my Mini (1TB firewire + 320GB usb) but making smaller libraries with the subfolders in those drives (Classical, Jazz, etc).

Then I optimized the library and now I am almost positive that the problem is gone...

The program works very well after that and the RAM and the whole computer operation are normal!!

Hi @damien78, sorry for my english.

I'm a big fan of your work but my problem is with the library of A+. All my albums ( more than 3000 ) are classified by "album artist". In all the upgrade the only possibility is " artist " and it's the mess in my library, so My version is the 2.5.4 because it's the last version to propose this feature. 

If you could do something in your future versions......Thank you for all your work Damien

after thankfully solving my RAM problem I want to propose a discussion about the benefits of playing through UPnP to streamers like microRendu, Raspberry or others..

Why should someone prefer this solution over the "traditional" computer - DAC configuration?

What are the technical benefits?

I can only comment about the microRendu ... I see two main reasons in the Audirvana > microRendu chain...  the mR (purportedly) outputs a much cleaner signal, being an optimised, low power, dedicated audio device, and secondly, the music is streamed across Ethernet ... both reasons with potential benefits over a regular Mac/DAC USB connection. It certainly sounds much better to me personally.

The mR has other possibilities, as well.

Main System: NAS or QOBUZ > BlueSound Node 2i > Schiit Gungnir MultiBit > PYST XLR > Schiit Mjolnir 2 or Gilmore Lite MK2

Office System: iMac > Audirvana > Schiit EITR + Audiophonics LPS25 > Metrum FLINT NOS DAC (DAC TWO chips) > Schiit Magni 3+ > Aeon Flow Open

Loudspeaker System: NAIM Muso Gen 2

@DomieMic65 the main benefit will be to have the computer placed away from the audio system. With USB you are restricted by the limited length of USB cable.

On the other hand using an UPNP renderer will void the advantages of Audirvana rendering engine as in the end the UPNP renderer will send the signal to your DAC.

Even if a bit dissapointed by this not optimal solution, after waiting for it very long time I wish to give it a try. Unfortunately I could not making work with Volumio as UPNP renderer ( not seen by Audirvana). I have tried with a Cubox but no success. I understand that some users reported working with Volumio.

If they could provide some help/advice it will be great!

Thnx for your comments!

@lucser why don’t you check MoOde it works just fine from the first time I tried it!

and also are you sure that the UPnP way the A+ audio engine is voided? 

It would be helpful if Damien commented about the “audio engine” topic...

10 hours ago, chris pepin said:

All my albums ( more than 3000 ) are classified by "album artist". In all the upgrade the only possibility is " artist " and it's the mess in my library, so My version is the 2.5.4 because it's the last version to propose this feature. 

Album Artist is still there. Nothing has changed in that regard.

Go to View>Show View Options. Click and hold on the sort field, and a drop-down list of all fields will pop up. Select Album Artist, and your library will be back the way you like it.

9 hours ago, DomieMic65 said:

after thankfully solving my RAM problem I want to propose a discussion about the benefits of playing through UPnP to streamers like microRendu, Raspberry or others..

Why should someone prefer this solution over the "traditional" computer - DAC configuration?

What are the technical benefits?

I've always liked Audirvana, but my Mac Mini is my main media server and not really optimized for USB output.  Having just built a C.A.P.S. Carbon server with a SOtM USB card, I'm delighted that I can feed it with Audirvana, for several reasons: upsampling, drag-and-drop play, memory playback and generally just the full, rich sound.  It sounds much better than USB from my Mac MIni.  It's also better-sounding and more flexible than most UPNP clients.

8 hours ago, lucser said:

@DomieMic65 the main benefit will be to have the computer placed away from the audio system. With USB you are restricted by the limited length of USB cable.

On the other hand using an UPNP renderer will void the advantages of Audirvana rendering engine as in the end the UPNP renderer will send the signal to your DAC.

Even if a bit dissapointed by this not optimal solution, after waiting for it very long time I wish to give it a try. Unfortunately I could not making work with Volumio as UPNP renderer ( not seen by Audirvana). I have tried with a Cubox but no success. I understand that some users reported working with Volumio.

If they could provide some help/advice it will be great!

A few weeks about I was playing around with a Pi and an Odroid and I seem to recall I got them to work.  I have a Cubox as well, I'll see if I can recreate what worked.