IGNORED

Audirvana 3.1

14 hours ago, ToTo Man said:

Are there any AU plug-ins available for A+ 2.x.x or 3.x.x that provide separate parametric or graphic EQ for left and right channels?  I need to apply different EQ to my left and right speakers to make them sound the same.

I just started a thread on free and inexpensive parametric EQ plugins.  Some of them are described as offering separate left and right channel controls.

https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forums/topic/36951-eq-plugins/

HQPlayer (on 3.8 GHz 8-core i7 iMac 2020) > NAA (on 2012 Mac Mini i7) > RME ADI-2 v2 > Benchmark AHB-2 > Thiel 3.7

Thank you all for your feedbacks.

Just released 3.1.3 with bug fixes especially for the crashes at start that were mainly due to an issue in the MQA devices detection library.

@Speed Racer: SysOptimizer deactivates Spotlight using simply the Apple supplied administration commands listed in the quote of your post to recover Spotlight: mdutil -ai off to stop it, mdutil -ai on to restart it.

There must have been something damaged before on your Spotlight index so that you had to erase it completely using the mdutil -Ea command

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

8 hours ago, Bob Stern said:

I just started a thread on free and inexpensive parametric EQ plugins.  Some of them are described as offering separate left and right channel controls.

https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forums/topic/36951-eq-plugins/

Many thanks!

Loudspeaker systems: 2012 Mac Mini i7 2.6GHz -> 10.11.6 -> Audirvana 3.5 -> Schiit Yggdrasil OG / HoloAudio Cyan 2 -> Yamaha A-S3000 / HoloAudio Bliss -> Celestion Ditton 66 / Genelec 8030C & BK XXLS400

Headphone systems: 2012 Mac Mini i7 2.6GHz -> 10.11.6 -> Audirvana 3.5 -> Schiit Yggdrasil OG / HoloAudio Cyan 2 -> HoloAudio Bliss / Sparkos Labs Aries -> Audio-Technica ATH-ADX5000 / Focal Utopia / Sennheiser HD600

Damien!
All previous days, Internet on the my optical line worked well.
Today, after the accident on the line, the Internet was absent and Audirvana refused to start.
Empty window.

What happens, I can not listen to music when the Internet is not working even one day?

Audirvana began to check the license every day?

Снимок экрана 2017-09-14 в 19.57.19.png

Снимок экрана 2017-09-14 в 19.58.48.png

MacMini 2018 - Lynx Hilo LT-TB (TeddyPardo PSU) - Unison Research SH - Sennheiser HD800

Two annoying library issues. Both have been going on for a while, but I don't remember if it started with 3.1 or an earlier update...

First: A+ seems to not want to recognise new music added to the library. I often have to manually re-sync A+ (Preferences > Library > highlight folder & click Sync) three or four times before it finds the new items. Since each sync takes quite a long time, it's frustrating. Restarting A+ for an auto rescan seems more reliable, but I don't really want to do that - it stops the music!

Second: The 'recently added' playlist, and any other 'new items' playlist I create that include a "Date Added is within xxx" condition have stopped working. Currently it shows that I have added 1163 albums, 15036 tracks within the last two weeks. In fact, this should show zero albums or tracks until this afternoon (and then one album only). I've check some of these items in the Finder, and they show Created and Modified dates of 3+ years ago. (This isn't the whole library, BTW. A+ is selecting certain albums and not others, but they don't meet the search criteria.)

13 hours ago, Andrey said:

Damien!
All previous days, Internet on the my optical line worked well.
Today, after the accident on the line, the Internet was absent and Audirvana refused to start.
Empty window.

What happens, I can not listen to music when the Internet is not working even one day?

Audirvana began to check the license every day?

The issue you had is that your Internet connection is not off, but half-failing, still telling the link is up while it is not really: this means network connection attempt is not failing immediately, but keeps retrying until it times out. And these network timeouts have to be quite long (up to 30s) to cope with transient connection issues.

So Audirvana Plus was stuck until timing out for this connection issue.

If your network was completely disconnected, it would not have waited for getting the server is unreachable, and thus would have go on as you are still, by a wide margin, in the period allowed without getting the license checked.

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

On 9/13/2017 at 5:54 AM, damien78 said:

Thank you all for your feedbacks.

Just released 3.1.3 with bug fixes especially for the crashes at start that were mainly due to an issue in the MQA devices detection library.

Hi Damien -

Have only noticed this with 3.1.3, not with 3.1.2 -

Playing from a microRendu ( ;) ), when I try to pause, rewind, stop, or shut down A+, it becomes unresponsive and I must force quit.

I can provide logs or parts of logs if desired.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

On 15/09/2017 at 4:33 PM, Jud said:

Hi Damien -

Have only noticed this with 3.1.3, not with 3.1.2 -

Playing from a microRendu ( ;) ), when I try to pause, rewind, stop, or shut down A+, it becomes unresponsive and I must force quit.

I can provide logs or parts of logs if desired.

Hi Jud,

Yes please for the logs.

Though this seems to be some network issue. How is your microRendu connected to your Mac? wired or wifi (with weak signal?)?

2 hours ago, damien78 said:

Hi Jud,

Yes please for the logs.

Though this seems to be some network issue. How is your microRendu connected to your Mac? wired or wifi (with weak signal?)?

Wifi - signal is very good.

Tried with 44.1 resolution and had no problem; the difficulty was with 192 resolution.  So it is probably just my old 2009 MacBook getting a little tired ( :) ) when upsampling 192 to DSD256.  I can send logs to confirm.

Edit: And that is likely why I only noticed it with 3.1.3 - just by chance I probably didn't use 3.1.2 with 192 resolution files.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

@Damien:  Wouldn’t it be relatively easy to create your own renderer, since this functionality already is in Audirvana?  

No need for it to be DLNA-compliant.  It can be limited to operating with the Audirvana control point.  

This would enable users to run the Audirvana control point from a laptop and use a Mac Mini connected to the DAC as the renderer.  

I find a laptop much more functional than an iPad for browsing the music library.  I use screen sharing on my laptop to control Audirvana on my Mac Mini, but screen sharing can be balky and cumbersome.

HQPlayer (on 3.8 GHz 8-core i7 iMac 2020) > NAA (on 2012 Mac Mini i7) > RME ADI-2 v2 > Benchmark AHB-2 > Thiel 3.7

Hi,

I am using A+ 3.1.4 with a Rpi2 with Volumio and a Synology NAS.

It works fine except that it takes from 9 to 12 seconds before a track is being played after clicking in A+ ( or A+ remote on my iPad).

I do not experience such a delay when using, e.g., the LUMIN app and MinimServer on the iPad.

Any idea?

Thanks!

@damien78

To continue with what Jud said above.  I also have intermittent issues with A+ and lockups, pauses, not downloading TIDAL songs, and strange behaviors.  I don't know if it is an issue with TIDAL, A+, or my network.  You let me know what you need and I will provide it.

Otherwise, all is well and still loving the sound!

Screen Shot 2017-09-18 at 8.20.41 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-09-18 at 8.23.07 PM.png

No electron left behind.

I have experienced what @AudioDoctor is describing, but I put it down to QOBUZ streaming ... Are you experiencing this with Library albums ?

Main System: NAS or QOBUZ > BlueSound Node 2i > Schiit Gungnir MultiBit > PYST XLR > Schiit Mjolnir 2 or Gilmore Lite MK2

Office System: iMac > Audirvana > Schiit EITR + Audiophonics LPS25 > Metrum FLINT NOS DAC (DAC TWO chips) > Schiit Magni 3+ > Aeon Flow Open

Loudspeaker System: NAIM Muso Gen 2

@AudioDoctor I have read quite a few reports of Tidal streaming issues recently ... maybe that is what you are experiencing.

Main System: NAS or QOBUZ > BlueSound Node 2i > Schiit Gungnir MultiBit > PYST XLR > Schiit Mjolnir 2 or Gilmore Lite MK2

Office System: iMac > Audirvana > Schiit EITR + Audiophonics LPS25 > Metrum FLINT NOS DAC (DAC TWO chips) > Schiit Magni 3+ > Aeon Flow Open

Loudspeaker System: NAIM Muso Gen 2

This slow loading shows slowness getting the audio data from TIDAL. Server load issue on their side?

The stop in the middle of the song is a timeout waiting for data from TIDAL that has expired. This timeout is quite long (tens of seconds) and is there to avoid blocking playback for infinite amount of time.

2 hours ago, damien78 said:

This slow loading shows slowness getting the audio data from TIDAL. Server load issue on their side?

The stop in the middle of the song is a timeout waiting for data from TIDAL that has expired. This timeout is quite long (tens of seconds) and is there to avoid blocking playback for infinite amount of time.

Wouldn't it be there TO block playback for an infinite amount of time?

No electron left behind.

Hello Damien,

Since 3.1.1 i think (i skipped 3.1.3) and now still on 3.1.4, i have a loud POP after the end of each DSF track i play from the same album. Before those versions, i had a light static tic at the end of those but was very low and i was not bothered.

Checked those with JRiver and nothing is happening, no pops or tics :( 

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

Doesn't seems to happen with DSF DSD128 files... only DSF DSD64  ??

PCM upsampled to DSD128 are all OK.

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

I'm back... after some tests, A+ 2.6.6 plays all my DSF without POPs and tics. So it's after v3 that it started.