IGNORED

Site Issues, Updates, Changes, and Feedback Thread

8 hours ago, Superdad said:

Okay, so now that the controversial "Reputation" stat is gone from below our avatars, how about bringing back "Join Date?"

I say that not just because I joined CA within a couple months of its founding. 9_9

It is that just seeing someone's post count is not a complete indicator of their "newness" or "oldness" around here.  

Some folks who have been hanging about are mostly lurkers (as are, from what Chris tells me of the large percentage of visitors who are not even members).

Not everyone who has been around a long time has the keyboard diarrhea awesome post count of Jud. xD  (Did I mention that strikethrough is my favorite new feature?)

All kidding aside, I do miss the "Join Date" appearing (and yes, I know it shows if you hover over the member name).

Hope you all are having a great weekend.  Weather is beautiful up here near Yosemite this time of year.

--Alex C.

Neither post count nor join date typically tell anything of value about a person. If Claude Shannon himself joined today and made one post, it would probably be the best post ever on this forum. Likewise, someone spouting bullshit every day for years is still not worth listening to.

I'd rather see the post count also relegated to the popup rather than cluttering the main view. In many web forums, the actual content seems to take a back seat to garish avatars, half-page signatures, and bragging stats. This new design for CA is a very welcome break from that tradition.

@The Computer Audiophile

Is it possible to change the way user references are displayed in posts?
Earlier the forum member's handle was displayed in bold font but now uses a bright blue highlighter which is too much of contrast.

screenshot.png

Custom Win10 Server | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Job INT | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

6 minutes ago, Nikhil said:

@The Computer Audiophile

Is it possible to change the way user references are displayed in posts?
Earlier the forum member's handle was displayed in bold font but now uses a bright blue highlighter which is too much of contrast.

screenshot.png

Sure, it's possible. The blue was in direct response to complaints about the way it was. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

3 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Sure, it's possible. The blue was in direct response to complaints about the way it was. 

IMO light grey may be a better shade than the blue.

Or just blue/black bold font instead of the blue highlighter.

Just a suggestion  ....

Custom Win10 Server | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Job INT | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

On 4/2/2017 at 6:05 AM, mansr said:

If Claude Shannon himself joined today and made one post, it would probably be the best post ever on this forum.

It would be the best ever even if he just said "boo!" since he has been dead for 16 years... o.O

On 4/2/2017 at 6:05 AM, mansr said:

I'd rather see the post count also relegated to the popup rather than cluttering the main view. In many web forums, the actual content seems to take a back seat to garish avatars, half-page signatures, and bragging stats. This new design for CA is a very welcome break from that tradition.

Guess you've never visted some of thos Asian audio forums where most of their posts are filled with giant moving emojis strange graphics.  Talk about disconcerting. 

10 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I complained that the original blue was too dark and suggested lightening it. I'm not opposed to something entirely different.

15 minutes ago, mansr said:

I complained that the original blue was too dark and suggested lightening it. I'm not opposed to something entirely different.

Or just lighter.

LMS on Odroid XU4; HQPlayer on i7-8700; iFi iGalvanic; T+A DAC 8 DSD; Benchmark AHB2; Quad ESL 2805s + two Acoustic Energy subs.

17 minutes ago, richard kimber said:

Or just lighter.

It is still a bit dark. I tried setting the opacity of the background to 50%, leaving the colour as is, and that looks better to me, especially since it adapts to the darker background of quoted text.

On 4/1/2017 at 2:59 PM, Cornan said:

Have a look at the bottom left. Click on "Theme" and select "Computer Audiophile Blue" :)

Wow!  Completely missed that ... great to switch to the CA Blue theme!

Maybe I've not quite got the hang of it, or my "CA workflow" isn't optimal, but here's the problem I'm having with the new site on an iPad. 

I usually navigate to the main site and click on "unread content". I normally try to do this everyday to keep up on what's happening on the site. If something catches my eye or is a topic that I'm following, I click on the icon to read the latest postings, and when I'm done I click the "back" button to get back to the forum topics list to continue.

The issue I'm having is that If I have scrolled to the point where I need to click on "load more content" and do so, after clicking the "back" button I'm always taken back to the top of topics listing, which causes me to have to scroll back to where I was when I clicked into topic (it doesn't take me back to where I was originally). I'm guessing that this is related to the dynamic HTML view that "removes" the topic I was already viewing because it's no longer "unread".

Is anyone else having this issue?

Dave

CAPS Pipeline with HDPlex Linear PSU running Win10 64 bit, AO 2.0, RoonServer, HQPlayer -> T+A DAC8 DSD -> Linear Tube Audio's MicroZOTL2 Headphone Amp with Mojo Audio's Illuminati Linear PSU -> Focal Utopia/Audeze LCD-3

I've tried CA with a few different browsers now and thought about the issue I'm having with the text. Most browsers render washed out looking text with this new dynamic HTML thing.

I remember in Windows XP, Internet Explorer used a technology called ClearType to improve text rendering. At the time I compared other browsers and felt IE did the best job.

Now that I've tried it again I still think IE renders the text better than other browsers. It's sharper, darker and just easier on the eyes.