IGNORED

Site Issues, Updates, Changes, and Feedback Thread

2 hours ago, mvilla said:

Is there a way to delete "custom activity"?

i entered too many of them by mistake!

thanks

massimo

There's a trash can for deleting at the top of the page, from that custom activity you picked.

Computer setup - Roon/Qobuz - PS Audio P5 Regenerator - HIFI Rose 250A Streamer - Emotiva XPA-2 Harbeth P3ESR XD - Rel  R-528 Sub

Comfy Chair - Schitt Jotunheim - Meze Audio Empyrean w/Mitch Barnett's Accurate Sound FilterSet

8 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Hi Guys - I have a different theme ready for public consumption. I've enabled it for everybody, but not by default. To switch themes, scroll down to the bottom of the screen and select theme then "Computer Audiophile Blue."

It's not completely finished, but it's 99% of the way there. 

Much better.  Easier on the eyes

Computer setup - Roon/Qobuz - PS Audio P5 Regenerator - HIFI Rose 250A Streamer - Emotiva XPA-2 Harbeth P3ESR XD - Rel  R-528 Sub

Comfy Chair - Schitt Jotunheim - Meze Audio Empyrean w/Mitch Barnett's Accurate Sound FilterSet

Chris, any idea when that Comcast E-mail issue will be solved.  Comcast E-mail has not been very user friendly in the past, so I understand the difficulty you may be having with them. 

3 hours ago, ShawnC said:

Much better.  Easier on the eyes

+1

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

1 hour ago, mansr said:

Clearly you have no equipment, nor do you exist.

Non conputant quia musica, non est.

Edit: Think I kinda messed up the "Latin translation."

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

12 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Hi Guys - I have a different theme ready for public consumption. I've enabled it for everybody, but not by default. To switch themes, scroll down to the bottom of the screen and select theme then "Computer Audiophile Blue."

It's not completely finished, but it's 99% of the way there. 

chris,

really like the blue theme -- the color changes and the additional contrast/shading incorporated are nice!  good work!

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100
4 hours ago, ShawnC said:

Chris, any idea when that Comcast E-mail issue will be solved.  Comcast E-mail has not been very user friendly in the past, so I understand the difficulty you may be having with them. 

I'm working on it. Fortunately Comcast is working with a third party and I've contacted that third part. They can't be more difficult to work with than Comcast. This is important to me and I will continue to do what I can. 

3 hours ago, richard kimber said:

I like the blue theme much better. Thanks. I still can't see the equipment list, though, nor an "About me" tab.

Please check now :~)

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

8 hours ago, Daudio said:

(I don't have time to figure out the new quoting crap, but I wanted to complete this reply)

Chris,

On 3/24/2017 at 06:25 PM,  The Computer Audiophile said:
In fact, based on your comments, it seems like you have a vested interest in some items here on CA. Perhaps your business was benefiting from CA and now things ave changed. If you were just a casual reader, I don't think you'd have made some of those comments.

On 3/25/2017 at 03:14 PM,  The Computer Audiophile said:
Are you here to help or for purely personal reasons that are unrelated to CA?

On 3/25/2017 at 02:21 PM,  Daudio said:
Sorry for the tone (really), but you have brought it on yourself...

The reason for my negative tone was due to your above responses, to timely, realistic criticism, with accusations of conspiracy, malfeasance, or something mysterious and evil  :(

That is out simply of place here, and, I thought, beyond you. I really hope those comments were just the result of extreme exhaustion and stress, and not your normal way of thinking.

But then, this isn’t the first time I’ve noticed you not handling site criticism well. It might be something to think about in the future ? Could it be that the excess of trollish behavior on CA is subconsciously rubbing off ? Nah, we'll just call it stress. For now.

On 3/25/2017 at 03:14 PM,  The Computer Audiophile said:
If you want things fixed, please be helpful. So far you've been unwilling to help.

Unwilling to help ?? WTF! How about, NOT ASKED. That would be a prerequisite before complaining about willingness.

And I DID help, capturing and posting a screenshot of the old CA for comparison (ending talk about the white background), as well as a number of bug notifications, and got soundly ignored for my troubles. But no, I did not suck up, so does that explain this unhelpful reaction ?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will let you get back to your unenviable tasks, with one finial bug report:

I've not seen a single Comment to any of my Blog posts since the 'upgrade'. I'd like to reply to one I saw before, but can't see any now. From the bottom of one of my Blog posts:

3 Comments
There are no comments to display.

While I can't see mine, I can see comments to other member Blog posts, just not mine. I doubt this is specific to me, probably no one can see their own Blog comments, at least that's my guess...

(note: this relates to browser based presentation only)

Hi Dave - Thanks for the response. I'm willing put this in the past and move forward, while at the same time taking full responsibility for my actions. I'm human and make mistakes. 

Thanks very much for your report about the Blog comments. After a little more research, it appears that your Blogs' comments don't appear unless you've posted the comment. Look at your first Blog and there is a comment by you that shows. I opened a ticket with the software developer while I continue to troubleshoot it myself. 

As you suspected, this issue isn't just related to your Blog.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

14 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Please check now :~)

Ah nice.  Thanks. It's all coming together nicely, using Firefox.

I notice, however, that with Chromium, clicking on my name doesn't get the drop down menu, but just reloads the current page.

LMS on Odroid XU4; HQPlayer on i7-8700; iFi iGalvanic; T+A DAC 8 DSD; Benchmark AHB2; Quad ESL 2805s + two Acoustic Energy subs.

Ahhhh, the soothing qualities of blue!

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

7 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

... After a little more research, it appears that your Blogs' comments don't appear unless you've posted the comment. Look at your first Blog and there is a comment by you that shows. I opened a ticket with the software developer while I continue to troubleshoot it myself. 

As you suspected, this issue isn't just related to your Blog.

Thanks for looking into this.

I checked each of my Blog posts, where I know I had posted at least one comment reply, and the only one I could see was the very first comment, to the very first post in the Blog, which happened to be by me.

Hope that helps.

On 3/19/2017 at 4:07 PM, The Computer Audiophile said:

Correct. There are currently no plans to replace the iOS and Android apps. The new design is responsive and scales to mobile devices. Apps are a pain in the ass to manage and maintain.

Maybe I'm missing something but I don't understand the response in relation to Tapatalk?

[br]QNAP+ -> Allo DigiOne Signature -> RequisiteAudio D3rs ->  McIntosh C52 -> McIntosh MC-275 MK VI -> Harbeth 30.1's via Roon