IGNORED

Site Issues, Updates, Changes, and Feedback Thread

I've been using the mobile site and think everything looks great. One exception would be the small text. It's just like the new Klipsch forum. I know I can manually make it bigger but it makes scrolling up and down a little squirrely. 

I thought Tapatalk's text was the perfect size.

6 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Hi @AudGuy I can't reproduce your issue. I agree it's annoying, but until I can reproduce it, I'm out of options to fix it. 

And to demonstrate just how fickle computers and software can be, today I am unable to duplicate this problem. Yesterday it would not display correctly and today, well, is another day and things seem okay.

I will continue to see if I can actually duplicate the problem and will advise if I am successful.

Sorry if this is a false alarm and thank you for responding quickly.

Hi Chris,

I ran into a couple of minor issues, so wanted to pass them along. For reference, take a look at my post: https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forums/topic/30634-the-true-experimental-tweak-thread/?do=findComment&comment=648849

1. Is there no longer a way to control the display size of image attachments? I attached 2 PNG files, and the size shown in the post is the largest size that I can get. I can go smaller, but not any larger.
  2. When I click on the attachments, the image shown is nothing like the original. While the original has a white background, with dark text, the image view is the opposite. I suspect this is at the mercy of the default image viewer on the system. On W10, that appears to be Photos, and it totally messes up PNGs.

I'm not sure what to even recommend here, but maybe someone here has some guidance or pointers to ensure that attached images are rendered with fidelity?

12 minutes ago, austinpop said:

Hi Chris,

I ran into a couple of minor issues, so wanted to pass them along. For reference, take a look at my post: https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forums/topic/30634-the-true-experimental-tweak-thread/?do=findComment&comment=648849

1. Is there no longer a way to control the display size of image attachments? I attached 2 PNG files, and the size shown in the post is the largest size that I can get. I can go smaller, but not any larger.
  2. When I click on the attachments, the image shown is nothing like the original. While the original has a white background, with dark text, the image view is the opposite. I suspect this is at the mercy of the default image viewer on the system. On W10, that appears to be Photos, and it totally messes up PNGs.

I'm not sure what to even recommend here, but maybe someone here has some guidance or pointers to ensure that attached images are rendered with fidelity?

Those attachments have a transparent background. Most systems don't seem to have issues, but so.e might turn it black. If you post them with a white background, they'll work fine. 

The size of images uploaded is reduced to a small size so as not to take up too much space unless one clicks on them to see more. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Just now, The Computer Audiophile said:

Those attachments have a transparent background. Most systems don't seem to have issues, but so.e might turn it black. If you post them with a white background, they'll work fine. 

The size of images uploaded is reduced to a small size so as not to take up too much space unless one clicks on them to see more. 

Screenshot_20170406-162056.png

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Chris, a performance issue.  I'm just using the All Activity stream.  When I find an interesting post in the list, I click on the xx hours ago and go read it.  Then I use the browser (Chrome) back button to return to the list.

With the new software, at least that gets me back to the entry in the list rather than the most recent post.  That's a huge improvement over the old software.

However, the longer ago the post was made, the longer it takes to return to the list.  So if I go look at a post made 12 hours ago, it takes much longer to return to the list than if I go look at a post made 15 minutes ago.

It seems like the logic has no direct pointer back to the list entry that was of interest.  Rather it seems to churn through every entry in the list until it reaches that point.

It would be nice if the performance of the return trip triggered by the back button was more consistent.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

OK gotcha. I added a white background, and now all is well. 

If I use the All Activity stream, it says 'This stream auto updates'.  So why do I also get 'There is a new item to view.  Click here to load it'?  I don't get it.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

Was it already known that it is not possible to right-click a "quote" link and open in new window or new tab ?

I find this highly annoying because when you're a bit behind and see some posts to respond to "under way" you can't preserve them for later and choose what to respond to at the end of reading all.

What happens is that the open in new window/tab just loads the current page and no response text field is opened anywhere. Of course, when the current pages is open in this new window/tab you can try to re-locate the post you possibly want to respond to, but ...

Edit : Wrong, we can. But it goes a bit not-intuitively (for me). Right-click where the mouse pointer is, that opens in the new window or tab with the post on top; in there apply the "quote link" if you want or just let it stay there like it is (your post of interest is at the top and ready to be responded to)..

NewForum02.png

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

What I see is that when a post is quoted and the nick name is listed on top of the quote, we can not click that and go to the original post. I thought this was the whole idea of getting back to the context of the quote and I think this works in every forum like that. Not this one.

Edit -> No, we can. See at the mouse pointer

NewForum01.png

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

Chris, remind me...

What's the solution for following links to the old site embedded in posts from prior to the transition? I know they currently don't work, but I can't remember if you said that was on a roadmap to fix up or not.

Until or even if it ever happens, is there any trick to finding the post in the new site? Obviously it varies - but sometimes all I have is a sentence like "read this post at <link>."" Those are hard to crack. 

I can usually inspect the link and infer the thread - sorry, topic - name, but finding a particular post by post number is hard.

5 hours ago, plissken said:

How does the quoting system work. Having a heckuva time taking a single quoted post and breaking it up into blocks.

Place the cursor at the position in the quoted post where you want to split it and press enter twice. After that be careful because you can remove such a block with a single backspace keystroke and you can't get it back with the undo function (right mouse click -> undo), so you may have to create and type your entire reply again. Very annoying. This can also happen when you just try to remove a newline between a quote block and your text or a newline within a block. Finally, getting text below the last block can be a PITA. Sometimes the editor simply won't let you type anything there.

5 hours ago, plissken said:

Also if you start a response how do you scrap it all together?

Just don't post it and refresh the page..

3 minutes ago, Abtr said:

Place the cursor at the position in the quoted post where you want to split it and press enter twice. After that be careful because you can remove such a block with a single backspace keystroke and you can't get it back with the undo function (right mouse click -> undo), so you may have to create and type your entire reply again. Very annoying. This can also happen when you just try to remove a newline between a quote block and your text or a newline within a block. Finally, getting text below the last block can be a PITA. Sometimes the editor simply won't let you type anything there.

Just don't post it and refresh the page..

None of that is intuitive but I'll take it if it works.

I don't know if it is related to the new site, but all my emails from Computer Audiophile goes into my junk mail recently ???  iMac with Mail on 10.11.6

Never encounter that before, but could be Apple fault as they tend

to screw things up most of the time now  :-)

Snapz001.jpg

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13