IGNORED

Think twice before purchasing lossless files online

So apple gets their music in digital format from the source? Any way to confirm this? Apple hasn't replied to me yet. I got a generic message saying I would get a reply within 24 hours.

I'm not trolling people. If my friend was lying then so be it. I just want to know where my music comes from. I don't want mp3's from Napster dressed as FLAC.

Not surprising that Apple hasn't responded considering that they don't sell music in lossless formats (FLAC or otherwise). All of their music is in a lossy format functionally equivalent to mp3.

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

If Apple really wanted to acquire music via random members of the public ripping CDs, why wouldn't they use iTunes Match as a mechanism for doing this, since it uploads music they don't/can't match in their repository?

But this whole thing is just a steaming pile of troll excreta.

Some people will twist an argument to any length to avoid recognizing the simple truth. They wouldn't use Itunes match to steal other versions they can't match. It would leave open a security hole for uploaded malware code hidden amongst music data they already don't recognize into the Apple inner sanctum. Then all sorts of bad things could happen.

Where is that sarcastic emojo???

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

Not surprising that Apple hasn't responded considering that they don't sell music in lossless formats (FLAC or otherwise). All of their music is in a lossy format functionally equivalent to mp3.

DUH! That's why they'll buy this guy's friend's copies. It is not like this is lossless anyway right? They don't care if it came from Napster.

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

simple - get some of the Fake FLAC (aka Alternative mp3) and analyze the files

report back to us when done

Does you mean, detect mp3 as source by analizys of FLAC file? What FLAC was converted from mp3?

AuI ConverteR 48x44 - HD audio converter/optimizer for DAC of high resolution files

ISO, DSF, DFF (1-bit/D64/128/256/512/1024), wav, flac, aiff, alac,  safe CD ripper to PCM/DSF,

Seamless Album Conversion, AIFF, WAV, FLAC, DSF metadata editor, Mac & Windows
Offline conversion save energy and nature

But this whole thing is just a steaming pile of troll excreta.

Bingo. Either that or Ripper Van Winkle just woke up from a 20-year snooze.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Does spotify get their music digital from the source as well? Amazon?

No, they've got 50 million South Asian kids ripping it all for them, including the stuff they have that isn't out on CD yet or was never released on CD.

I'm extremely skeptical anyone could really be this unaware, but just in case you're the one person who doesn't know, try the University of Google and read about music licensing deals. Ya see, we've got these newfangled things called computers now (you may even have used one to post here!), and instead of carting CDs around all over creation or having to rip them, the music companies store the music files on their computers (yes, they have computers too - amazing!) and just send them over the Internet like everyone else does with everything. Or do you first print out all your photos and scan them back into your computer before you email them to your relatives and friends?

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Some people will twist an argument to any length to avoid recognizing the simple truth. They wouldn't use Itunes match to steal other versions they can't match. It would leave open a security hole for uploaded malware code hidden amongst music data they already don't recognize into the Apple inner sanctum. Then all sorts of bad things could happen.

Where is that sarcastic emojo???

And some people are completely stupid.

And some people (prob the OP) have an ulterior motive.

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

This reminds me of a favorite axiom on music:

"Always remember to lose the compressed lossless files that proved unlistenable. But never forget to remember those that have stuck it to you."

I really like that one. It's an ancient muslim Irish Nigerian proverb.

They wanted his logs at first that's why he burned his mp3's to cd-r's.

Now we have cue database. Honestly I don't care if you guys spend thousands of dollars on equipment and end up playing burned mp3's converted to flac.

I belong to a great community where we share perfectly ripped flac's, all matching cue database. It's perfect music guaranteed. Keep buying that lame lossless codec from apple. Keep believing your music is perfect. Apple codec sucks and you can't trust the source.

Our community has all the albums in this world. All legit. All perfectly ripped. Keep thinking your files are perfect, If you can sleep at night with out proof of the source then good for you.

Our community isn't accepting new members because we have all the music in the world so please, no PM's.

I wonder if there is an illuminati-like symbol for this special group with all the world's real music.  You know like on the back of a dollar bill.  Instead of one eye floating in a pyramid we have one ear floating in the pyramid. 

3 hours ago, Richard Pryor said:

Now we have cue database. Honestly I don't care if you guys spend thousands of dollars on equipment and end up playing burned mp3's converted to flac.

I belong to a great community where we share perfectly ripped flac's, all matching cue database. It's perfect music guaranteed. Keep buying that lame lossless codec from apple. Keep believing your music is perfect. Apple codec sucks and you can't trust the source.

Our community has all the albums in this world. All legit. All perfectly ripped. Keep thinking your files are perfect, If you can sleep at night with out proof of the source then good for you.

Our community isn't accepting new members because we have all the music in the world so please, no PM's.

You seem to have some bizarre agenda in fabricating this story, but I can't for my life figure out what it is.

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 1:03 AM, kumakuma said:

Not True - ALAC is Apple Lossless - just their own version.

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

7 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

But, Apple doesn't sell anything in Apple Lossless.

But you can buy from other retailers in that format.

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects