45 minutes ago, mozes said:

I still didn’t do any comparison with Bubble or Tidal app. For non MQA, Bubble always sounded better

For me this is how I rate the control points with FLAC that I have tried.

1. BubbleDS Next 

2. LightningDS

3. BubbleUPnP 

4. Kazoo

5. Lumin

6. Mconnect 

Overall if GUI, usabillity, features, performance & SQ are all put together LightningDS wins. Very close in SQ to BubbleDS Next, but the latter have a tad more "natural" to LightningDS more "clinical" sound signature. On better recorded music I prefer LightningDS while BubbleDS is more forgiving.

I hope Auralic will release their web based LightningDS platform for any streamer as they have hinted about some time ago.

🎛️  Audio System  

@Cornan I read a bit on the Bluewave usb-spdif board. Could this be a fine fit between LPS-1 powered ultraRendu and dac input? I just sold my EITR because I had the feeling it was holding back a little compared to the usb input. But also because the EITR is breaking the isolated chain of the LPS-1. Could the Bluewave be powered from same LPS-1 when I add an extra 6V to 5V LT3045? 

5 minutes ago, jaaptina said:

@Cornan I read a bit on the Bluewave usb-spdif board. Could this be a fine fit between LPS-1 powered ultraRendu and dac input? I just sold my EITR because I had the feeling it was holding back a little compared to the usb input. But also because the EITR is breaking the isolated chain of the LPS-1. Could the Bluewave be powered from same LPS-1 when I add an extra 6V to 5V LT3045? 

I suppose it could! The BluWave gets the USB input power from UltraRendu and LPS-1 powers both UltraRendu (7v) and BluWave's galvanicly isolated Spdif output (LT3045 6v>5v). BUT, you'll probably need to confirm that LPS-1 provide sufficient current for the job. My guess is that it is sufficient...but I prefer not to guess! ?

I can surely imagine that the combo will sound really great. 

🎛️  Audio System  

1 hour ago, Cornan said:

Yeah, it is strange indeed. Probably a bit more complicated to get it working for mobile use? I'll guess 2018 will be the year for the MQA app release though. Touch wood! ?

Let’s see, I only use Tidal all on the iphone with bluetooth in the car, so I doubt I can hear any difference with MQA or non.

4 hours ago, Cornan said:

For me this is how I rate the control points with FLAC that I have tried.

1. BubbleDS Next 

2. LightningDS

3. BubbleUPnP 

4. Kazoo

5. Lumin

6. Mconnect 

Overall if GUI, usabillity, features, performance & SQ are all put together LightningDS wins. Very close in SQ to BubbleDS Next, but the latter have a tad more "natural" to LightningDS more "clinical" sound signature. On better recorded music I prefer LightningDS while BubbleDS is more forgiving.

I hope Auralic will release their web based LightningDS platform for any streamer as they have hinted about some time ago.

Thanks for the ranking. I still find Mconnect flat sounding vs Bubble DS Next  or even Bubble UPNP

To clarify MQA is only available on Mconnect Control and not Mconnect player

9 hours ago, Monge said:

I find it odd too, when Tidal app on desktop do.

I hope the Tidal app for IPhone/IPAD in the future will support MQA. Better be soon.

What is your opinion on The Mconnect player app?

Thanks in advance.

Regards Monge

I’m quite sure this has to do with Apple, not Tidal. 

Maybe that will change when the announced SW upgrades to Home Pod gets available. But I don’t expect it to happen. 

44 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

I’m quite sure this has to do with Apple, not Tidal. 

Maybe that will change when the announced SW upgrades to Home Pod gets available. But I don’t expect it to happen. 

I don’t think it has to do with Apple as the Android Tidal app also doesn’t support MQA.

On 2/13/2018 at 12:06 PM, Monge said:

I find it odd too, when Tidal app on desktop do.

I hope the Tidal app for IPhone/IPAD in the future will support MQA. Better be soon.

What is your opinion on The Mconnect player app?

Thanks in advance.

Regards Monge

I’ll bet a new update to Tidal app with MQA will be released soon. Seems like the direction they’re headed! 

Tomorrow is the beginning of my new life. Yesturday I drove by the new appartment and loaded off the audio gears in the bathroom. The painter was still in the final progress of putting up the last wallpapers and all the floors was covered with paper. No other choise since the bathroom was the only clean place to put it. Tonight I will be packing the remaining things like a maniac until midnight getting the stuff into moving boxes, removing wall lightnings etc.

While working there is always time to listen to music though! :) Here is a very interesting artist. I will keep an eye open for her first full album release on Tidal.

Cecilia Ebba - Voices

https://tidal.com/album/81454560

Cecilia Ebba also gave me the lead to this great album! :)

Halehan - Temple Of Maia

https://tidal.com/album/69823232

🎛️  Audio System  

5 hours ago, Monge said:

Good Luck with your new appartment and your new life :)

I was Reading about the new IFI AC Purifier

https://ifi-audio.com/portfolio-view/accessory-ac-ipurifier/

I really don’t understand how this unit possible could reduce AC noise. As I see it is a kind of filter, but active?

Regards Monge

Thanks! ? Now everything except the absolutely neccessary things for tomorrow morning is packed in boxes. Having a short brake before bed time. I am not sure just how iFi AC purifier is constructed, but it is a little bit a combination of a ISOtek EVO3 Isoplug and a JSGT. Isoplug combat common mode noise and JSGT combat high impedance noise and possibly also differential mode noise.

🎛️  Audio System  

8 hours ago, mourip said:

Good luck with your new home. In the meantime  perhaps the bathroom would be a fitting place to listen to Handel's Water Music?

:-)

Thanks Mourip! Maybe this song with a Swedish artist would work great as well? No bath tub in my new appartment! ?

🎛️  Audio System  

22 hours ago, Cornan said:

Tomorrow is the beginning of my new life. Yesturday I drove by the new appartment and loaded off the audio gears in the bathroom. The painter was still in the final progress of putting up the last wallpapers and all the floors was covered with paper. No other choise since the bathroom was the only clean place to put it. Tonight I will be packing the remaining things like a maniac until midnight getting the stuff into moving boxes, removing wall lightnings etc.

While working there is always time to listen to music though! :) Here is a very interesting artist. I will keep an eye open for her first full album release on Tidal.

Cecilia Ebba - Voices

https://tidal.com/album/81454560

Cecilia Ebba also gave me the lead to this great album! :)

Halehan - Temple Of Maia

https://tidal.com/album/69823232

Good luck with the big move Micael. Exciting times! 

Topaz 2.5Kva Isolation Transformer > EtherRegen switch powered by Paul Hynes SR4 LPS >MacBook Pro 2013 > EC Designs PowerDac SX > TNT UBYTE-2 Speaker cables > Omega Super Alnico Monitors > 2x Rel T Zero Subwoofers. 

21 hours ago, Monge said:

Good Luck with your new appartment and your new life :)

I was Reading about the new IFI AC Purifier

https://ifi-audio.com/portfolio-view/accessory-ac-ipurifier/

I really don’t understand how this unit possible could reduce AC noise. As I see it is a kind of filter, but active?

Regards Monge

The signal or power being filtered has to pass through the filter, you cannot t a filter off a line and expect it to filter. The problem is the noise does not know it has to turn a corner and go down the track to the filter, instead it goes straight past to the load.

IMG_1072.thumb.JPG.843310189263230f58695c2a2ec62927.JPG

something like this mains filter

Meitner ma1 v2 dac,  Sovereign preamp and power amp,

DIY speakers, scan speak illuminator.

Raal Requisite VM-1a -> SR-1a with Accurate Sound convolution.

Under development:

NUC7i7dnbe, Euphony Stylus, Qobuz.

Modded Buffalo-fiber-EtherRegen, DC3- Isoregen, Lush^2

5 minutes ago, RickyV said:

IMG_1072.thumb.JPG.843310189263230f58695c2a2ec62927.JPG

something like this mains filter

Shunt filters only work in part of the spectrum unfortunately and are of limited value. Series filters work better but can get hot. The heat is dissipating rubbish power, but some of that power you pay for. In essence you pay to receive frequencies you don't want.

Iron is what's needed, heavy iron!

Image result for Topaz transformer

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

3 hours ago, marce said:

The signal or power being filtered has to pass through the filter, you cannot t a filter off a line and expect it to filter. The problem is the noise does not know it has to turn a corner and go down the track to the filter, instead it goes straight past to the load.

Thanks marce for a good describtion :)

I was quite sceptical about the AC Purifier and I wondered how this unit could possible do any good. 

Regards Monge

Really enjoining track, Gogo Penguin, a humdrum star, 03 Bardo. Great air, depth, soundstage.

Edited pm 00:03.

Whole album really.

Edited pm 00:047.

Next up, Patricia Barber, A Distortiin of Love, 2 Subway Station.

Edited pm 01: 26.

Whole album really.

x-D

Meitner ma1 v2 dac,  Sovereign preamp and power amp,

DIY speakers, scan speak illuminator.

Raal Requisite VM-1a -> SR-1a with Accurate Sound convolution.

Under development:

NUC7i7dnbe, Euphony Stylus, Qobuz.

Modded Buffalo-fiber-EtherRegen, DC3- Isoregen, Lush^2