IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

38 minutes ago, John Dyson said:

Just IMO -- NOT intending on shilling my project, but if the distributors -- esp HDtracks -- would actually provide much higher quality than otherwise available, not just more bits, then they might really expand their market and create loyalty.   As it is, a slightly (very slightly) clearer version of a 'CD with more bits', with some of the noise/splats/errant signals above 20kHz -- should be filtered out anyway, is not a compelling purchase.

If there is something that actually makes a product SUPERIOR and not just better in a very 'esoteric' way, then they just might make a real place for themselves in the market.

John

Download stores are at the mercy of the rights holders. For example, if a download store worked with a label to allow the store to pay for an album to be remastered, the store would only have an exclusive on that remaster it paid for and went through all the hassle to do, for a very short period of time. After this, the new remaster must be provided to all the competitors. 

It’s no wonder that download stores are hesitant. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

21 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Download stores are at the mercy of the rights holders. For example, if a download store worked with a label to allow the store to pay for an album to be remastered, the store would only have an exclusive on that remaster it paid for and went through all the hassle to do, for a very short period of time. After this, the new remaster must be provided to all the competitors. 

It’s no wonder that download stores are hesitant. 

I didn't realize that it was that screwed up...   Going to the trouble for a remaster, and then giving up the rights...

Well, if done correctly, and I am NOT claiming that I have done so -- it requires experts to do so -- it would improve the general ecology of prerecorded materials -- but with zilch benefit to those who invest the time/effort?

Thanks for that information...   You know also -- it is unrealistic for HW/SW at current state of the art to automatically remaster, so we are stuck with what we have?  It is really, really sad.  I know that I was tilting at windmills, just not knowing how pathetic the situation is....

Another method to 'improve the music': -- but a bit complex, is a recording + software package, all boxed together, ready to *automatically* run/decode on a Windows PC, like a download/install process.?   (I am NOT interested in $$$ profit motive, just interested in the music.)

I wonder if that could be legal?

John

33 minutes ago, Rt66indierock said:

Automated processing is the reason I was against MQA in the first place. It can't be done in the current environment. 

Don't rewrite history Steve. You have many years of documented history against MQA that has nothing to do with automated processing.

As you were. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

57 minutes ago, lucretius said:

They can restrict based on the country of your credit card.

yep.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

5 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Don't rewrite history Steve. You have many years of documented history against MQA that has nothing to do with automated processing.

As you were. 

It was the first thing I talked about with MQA representatives at T.H.E. Show in Irvine California 20016. We didn't meet until RMAF 2016.  If you look back at the tape I said I had two winning hands. This was one of the cards. 

3 minutes ago, Rt66indierock said:

It was the first thing I talked about with MQA representatives at T.H.E. Show in Irvine California 20016. We didn't meet until RMAF 2016.  If you look back at the tape I said I had two winning hands. This was one of the cards. 

I hate to say it but you’re a legend in your own mind. 

2 minutes ago, FredericV said:

Is the Tidal group managed by MQA influencers? I did launch a membrship request, and now it seems I'm banned from this group:

Quite possible.  I was invited by a friend but left the group a few days ago.

Just too much MQA garbage on there. 

Custom Win10 Server | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Job INT | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110