IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

1 hour ago, FredericV said:

At least we see a reposted @Archimago article in the Tidal group, and then the usual response from you know who, the same hand fed canned article which was already debunked.

afbeelding.png.a46f09089f95ae780ca7e67c574a097c.png

He made a hobby out of understanding the technology! 

I don’t understand people and their motivations. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

3 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

He made a hobby out of understanding the technology! 

Impressive!

3 hours ago, FredericV said:

His backstory does not does not add up.

No not at all, but evidently he feels there are plenty of Facebook "followers" who can be persuaded otherwise. He's a veritable Facebook superstar in his own mind, a real "influencer".

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group

5 minutes ago, MikeyFresh said:

Impressive!

No not at all, but evidently he feels there are plenty of Facebook "followers" who can be persuaded otherwise. He's a veritable Facebook superstar in his own mind, a real "influencer".

The part that baffles me, is what’s in it for him and the other MQA “influencers?”

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

34 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

The part that baffles me, is what’s in it for him and the other MQA “influencers?”

Something more than just a spare time "hobby". I offer no proof other than common sense logic.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I think it makes them feel like they are "part of the industry" in some way. 

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, UkPhil said:

Nothing like using a global health crisis to attempt to boost one’s brand with an infomercial.

I read the first few fake questions and almost puked. 

A990AF03-09C4-4469-9ABF-1367DB07C74E.jpeg

6 hours ago, ralphfcooke said:

There do seem to be fewer mentions of MQA in magazines these days.

May '20 Stereophile only has one, relating to a review of the Wolf Audio Alpha 3SX music server, and only there in the context of whether JRiver or Roon was the better software to use.

May '20 HiFi News has two mentions,

The D’Agostino Master Audio Systems’Progression Integrated Amplifier, (at £25,000 probably not a big seller)

The Michi P5 control amp supports MQA, but cannot stream directly

What HiFi has three mentions, as part of reviews, but only in passing.

There appear to be  no editorial content relating to MQA, How long can it continue?

So the majority of the mentions were during reviews in passing...which begs the question, why are these lame a$$ 

manufacturers even including it as a "feature"? 

2 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Some manufacturers run fragile businesses and made the choice to include MQA believing it would help them sell more units. Nothing to do with falling for a scheme or integrity in the way you see it. Some would rather implement MQA and continue to provide paychecks for employees than make a stand from the parking lot of their closed facility. 

Additionally, the music business still has not figured out that nobody wants to pay $10-12 for a Redbook quality download....and they cry and complain about the industry going down the tubes....I promise you if they priced Redbook and 24 bit downloads fairly they would have fared better. Lossless Streaming came on big because when people loaded up 6 or 7 Hirez downloads in their cart from HDTracks and others, the total was near $100.....not sustainable. 

Chris your responses are pure idealistic blather. Step off your high horse and see the real world.

Is it my problem the pizza joint down the street got shut down by the health inspector because they failed to clean their kitchen?Nope. Is it my problem that the small bank 3 blocks over went under because they made unwise and speculative investments? Nope.  Nothing you said is backed up by the real world.

And major corporations leaving money on the table? Ever hear of corporate stupidity, greed, and self dealing? you DO remember GM was just about sunk right? Apple almost went under because of disastrous decisions by Steve Jobs. And then they hired stuffed shirts who made it worse. The difference is, unlike "fragile" hifi manufacturers, it was easy for them to find investors like Microsoft, and to use the capital markets. 

Stop trying to make a grand point on high moral ground please.