IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

3 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Some manufacturers run fragile businesses and made the choice to include MQA believing it would help them sell more units. Nothing to do with falling for a scheme or integrity in the way you see it. Some would rather implement MQA and continue to provide paychecks for employees than make a stand from the parking lot of their closed facility. 

I can understand that.

I can see the possibility of Bob Stuart standing in the parking lot of Meridian and saying: " I know what I can do!  I'll start MQA LTD".

I can see Robert Harley in the parking lot of TAS looking at subscription numbers and saying: " i know what I can do!  I'll wildly endorse MQA!"

Boycott Warner

Boycott Tidal

Boycott Roon

Boycott Lenbrook

54 minutes ago, Confused said:

I was at a dealer event last year, two guys from Devialet were there.  In a q & a session, the question of Devialet implanting MQA was raised.  Devialet made it clear they had no intention of implementing MQA, and gave their technical reasons for this.  Some of those present made statements like “who the hell wants MQA anyway, don’t do it”.  The point is though, some members of the hifi buying public were interested in MQA implementation and were asking why Devialet would not implement it.  Presumably they were Tidal subscribers, but I could not say for sure.

I have heard other manufacturers claiming they implemented MQA due to public demand, and there does seem to be evidence of this, right or wrong.

Picking up on an earlier post, I noted some months ago that Hifi News equipment reviews would mention if a product included MQA decoding as a simple fact that the feature was included , but never expanded on this or commented on the merit of MQA itself.  What Hifi used to be very different, with MQA being reported as the next great thing, and singing the praises of products that enabled this wonderful feature.  So it looks like their stance has changed somewhat in more recent reviews. 

There were people that bought in to the BS that MQA was spewing, backed up by endorsements from TAS and Stereophile.  There were other knowledgeable people who could see what MQA actually was and rejected it.  There were people on this site and others that closely examined MQA and exposed the truth.  Apparently MQA is still pushing their agenda.

Boycott Warner

Boycott Tidal

Boycott Roon

Boycott Lenbrook

47 minutes ago, KeenObserver said:

There were people that bought in to the BS that MQA was spewing, backed up by endorsements from TAS and Stereophile.  There were other knowledgeable people who could see what MQA actually was and rejected it.  There were people on this site and others that closely examined MQA and exposed the truth.  Apparently MQA is still pushing their agenda.

But check out 'MQA' on Wikipedia, I'm sure this article wouldn't look like that if it wasn't for AS, some knowledgeable guys posting here and last but not least Chris who changed his attitude towards MQA 180 degrees at some moment for which he will always have my personal respect.

15 minutes ago, randyhat said:

During this time when we are distracted by the pandemic and the unprecedented changes and challenges it presents it would be completely understandable to let other priorities slip.  It is reassuring to see, despite all distractions, that there are loyal anti MQA warriors out there beating this horse.  By all means maintain your laser focus.

Yes! Yes!

We should be focusing 100% on the corona virus!

We should not be diverting any time to Audio forums!

Boycott Warner

Boycott Tidal

Boycott Roon

Boycott Lenbrook

1 hour ago, randyhat said:

Whether hatred, truth, or just an casual obsession to occupy your time.  Fight on warrior!  781 pages and we have not yet even begun to fight.

SUCH clever sarcasm, what a valuable addition to the thread!

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group