IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

2 hours ago, Kal Rubinson said:

That is possible but it is an accurate description of my experience covering a long period of time.  In addition, I have not heard anything to the contrary from any other reviewer.  OTOH, I know of no basis for any speculation of censorship other than suspicion.

Not saying that it's happening but if a reviewer were to be "biased" (or in someone's pocket) then there would be no need for the editor to exert censorship.

"Science draws the wave, poetry fills it with water" Teixeira de Pascoaes

HQPlayer Desktop / Mac mini → Intona 7054 → RME ADI-2 DAC FS (DSD256)

37 minutes ago, Indydan said:

I agree that we should try and avoid streaming the MQA versions!

But, I find that Tidal makes it difficult to know which version you are listening to. One way I have found, for older albums, I check the date of release. If a 2007 album has a release date from 2017, It usually is a Tidal MQA master. 

Thanks for the date tip.  Usually (always?) in Roon when you see a double album, the first one is 16/44 and the second MQA...

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

7 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Deezer HiFi is lossless but so far not many manufacturers have integrated it.

I tried it for 2 months.  I have now become so used to Roon to HQPLayer/JRiver with DSP plugin I simply could not get used to the restrictions of their desktop app

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

23 minutes ago, Dr Tone said:

Take it a step further, if or when Qobuz becomes available to you, make the switch.

I am a Roon person. Qobuz has decided it will go at it alone. So Qobuz isn’t an option for me. 

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

12 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Deezer HiFi is lossless but so far not many manufacturers have integrated it.

For proper Roon integration they would have to make their database available to Roon. Qobuz has refused and is going at it alone. It’s quite misguided in my opinion as with Roon you would still have to pay Qobuz a full subscription fee. In fact even more likely that one would pay for Sublime service (I certainly would). 

I don’t know Deezer’s position on this. 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

system pics

1 minute ago, Nikhil said:

Have been doing that from Day One!

5aa41f196ebad_TIDALSettings.thumb.jpg.ae0fbc0956ede856bf643077a89861ae.jpg

I am extremely tempted by comparisons. 

system pics

1 minute ago, miguelito said:

For proper Roon integration they would have to make their database available to Roon. Qobuz has refused and is going at it alone. It’s quite misguided in my opinion as with Roon you would still have to pay Qobuz a full subscription fee. In fact even more likely that one would pay for Sublime service (I certainly would). 

I don’t know Deezer’s position on this. 

I really wish Roon would offer its own streaming service. It's pretty easy to do this now days. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

2 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I really wish Roon would offer its own streaming service. It's pretty easy to do this now days. 

system pics

31 minutes ago, miguelito said:

I am a Roon person. Qobuz has decided it will go at it alone. So Qobuz isn’t an option for me. 

I’m a Roon user from version 1.0.  My Aries G2 takes care of Qobuz for me, I use it for discovery before purchase.

Personally I doubt Tidal will be around much longer, you can only hemerage for so long.

Roon Rock->Auralic Aria G2->Schiit Yggdrasil A2->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301 Monos->Wilson Audio Sabrinas

1 hour ago, Dr Tone said:

I’m a Roon user from version 1.0.  My Aries G2 takes care of Qobuz for me, I use it for discovery before purchase.

Personally I doubt Tidal will be around much longer, you can only hemerage for so long.

TIDAL integration with Roon is something that would be extremely painful to do without. Not something I have any interest to hedge against at the moment. 

Should TIDAL disappear, I could use Qobuz via Audirvana—>dCS Rossini (over uPnP). Not looking forward to that!

BTW, I’ve been a lifetime Roon subscriber since July 2015. 

system pics

On 3/6/2018 at 6:12 PM, skikirkwood said:

Has anyone looked at the Wikipedia article on Meridian, the MQA part specifically?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meridian_Audio

I think the article is in need of some editing to make it more accurate. I have a Wikipedia account, guess I could take the first crack at it.

Looking at the history of the Meridian Audio post on Wikipedia one can see that Richard Elen did the majority of edits recently.  That's interesting because Elen is a consultant to MQA!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Relen

I think it's time to have the MQA section on Wikipedia to be more "fair and balanced".