IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

48 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

you have obviously never spent time in Monkeyside Hts.

Don't even know where it is? :D  Is it near Gorillasides?

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

1 hour ago, Ralf11 said:

aka Morningside Hts.  upper W.

Have only been to New York once. I lived in Syracuse and Rochester, though.

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

I've decided I'm squarely in the 'MQA vapourware' camp... until they release an MQA version of Amadou & Mariam 'La Confusion'.

Mani.

Main: SOtM sMS-200 -> Okto dac8PRO -> 6x Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Tune Audio Anima horns + 2x Rotel RB-1590 amps -> 4 subs

Home Office: SOtM sMS-200 -> MOTU UltraLite-mk5 -> 6x Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Impulse H2 speakers

Vinyl: Technics SP10 / London (Decca) Reference -> Trafomatic Luna -> RME ADI-2 Pro

2 minutes ago, psjug said:

They have already released quite a bit of their own brand of confusion.

x-D

Main: SOtM sMS-200 -> Okto dac8PRO -> 6x Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Tune Audio Anima horns + 2x Rotel RB-1590 amps -> 4 subs

Home Office: SOtM sMS-200 -> MOTU UltraLite-mk5 -> 6x Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Impulse H2 speakers

Vinyl: Technics SP10 / London (Decca) Reference -> Trafomatic Luna -> RME ADI-2 Pro

20 hours ago, Brinkman Ship said:

He was spoon fed all this via Stereophile, Michael Fremer, and a dealer who sells MQA compliant gear.

Fremer saw a chance to steamroll a patsy.

A total con job.

8 hours ago, christopher3393 said:

Source(s)?

5 hours ago, Brinkman Ship said:

scroll back.

So, Denby's own article and Fremer's dac review. Something's missing. How do those sources justify the conclusions you have come to? 

On 2/12/2018 at 7:19 PM, Brinkman Ship said:

Perhaps one of the more shameful sellouts to Stuart and gang we have seen

One of the things Fremer excels at, selling out.

"The gullibility of audiophiles is what astonishes me the most, even after all these years. How is it possible, how did it ever happen, that they trust fairy-tale purveyors and mystic gurus more than reliable sources of scientific information?"

Peter Aczel - The Audio Critic

nomqa.webp.aa713f2bb9e304522011cdb2d2ca907d.webp  R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.

11 hours ago, Brinkman Ship said:

He positions him self as someone of the highest integrity...what other examples do you have?

How about this?

He visited Shunyata, the snake oil supplier.

New power cable, performance graphs shown an' all as it  makes the cable 'scientific'.

The graphs  showed a slightly less voltage drop than a cable from Walmart or whoever. 

At 300 amps (presumably for an extremely short time as melting would quickly stop the process).

Fremer said it was wonderful.

At least Fremer writes a good review. Good entertainment value.  He's good at selling it up. Although I can't afford anything he reviews. 

Plaskin reviews on Audiostream were  total joke. Synergistic Research stuff is laughable. I had a phone conversation with Ted Denney about 25 years ago. It was like speaking to the head of the Scientology Church. I swear he was making stuff up as he spoke. 

3 hours ago, Spacehound said:

How about this?

He visited Shunyata, the snake oil supplier.

New power cable, performance graphs shown an' all as it  makes the cable 'scientific'.

The graphs  showed a slightly less voltage drop than a cable from Walmart or whoever. 

At 300 amps (presumably for an extremely short time as melting would quickly stop the process).

Fremer said it was wonderful.

But how is that a SELLOUT? His MQA comments are clearly a sellout, but power cables etc are subjective, and no one is going to force all electronics manufacturers to use Shunyata power cords with their products then pass the cost on to you.

Try again..

I met Michael Fremer once. He was so full of himself, that night. He was saying, 'Analog is they ONLY way to achieve absolute bliss in audio'. This was before he waxed poetic about MQA. The vinyl he was spinning, while museum pieces (I mean VER, VERY rare), they were not what I would have played for an audio demo at all.

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

1 hour ago, botrytis said:

I met Michael Fremer once. He was so full of himself, that night. He was saying, 'Analog is they ONLY way to achieve absolute bliss in audio'. This was before he waxed poetic about MQA. The vinyl he was spinning, while museum pieces (I mean VER, VERY rare), they were not what I would have played for an audio demo at all.

He has been described as a cartoonish character with delusions of granduer, but that would be for a qualifed

professional to determined for sure. :D