IGNORED

Sonicorbiter - The Operating System

4 hours ago, firedog said:

Nice try, but that doesn't work. 

It also doesn't see my DAC (mytek 192) and that apparently causes some of the other functions not to work.

Ok, yes, if it cannot detect a DAC the roonready daemon (or the naa for that matter) won't run. That is the problem.

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

10 hours ago, Forehaven said:

I too just had a very smooth 2.5 firmware update. I was up and running in just a few minutes.   I was very happy to spend the $20 for this firmware. The PCM to DSD clicks issue alone was worth the cost LOL  so thanks Jesus for making this available to us. 

+1, no issues with my 2.5 update using DLNA/MPD mode.

PCM to DSD sample rate change clicks in native DSD mode are gone, that alone worth the price of admission (for me).

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group

2 hours ago, MikeyFresh said:

+1, no issues with my 2.5 update using DLNA/MPD mode.

PCM to DSD sample rate change clicks in native DSD mode are gone, that alone worth the price of admission (for me).

+1 - no issues at all. Yes I had to set it up again in Roon.

Sonore just updated both the RoonReady and NAA apps to the latest version - in both v2.3 and v2.5 versions of the OS.

Particularly useful: NAA has been updated to 3.5.1 - if you're using HQPlayer 3.16.1 or higher, it solves the issue of HQPlayer getting into an unrecoverable error mode when connection to the NAA device is lost. Now HQP reconnects gracefully to the NAA endpoint when it gets back up online - important for those people that have the nasty habit of turning their DACs off.

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

system pics

Quick note:

All Sonicorbiter 2.5 orders as of today have shipped. If you have not received your card it should arrive soon. Some locations will take longer than others. 

If you have a Sonicorbiter 2.5 that does not boot up and does not have active LEDs on the Ethernet port please contact us via email.   

1 minute ago, andifor said:

I guess, I have a different idea of service / customer support. Fast moving trains are not helpful, if customers don't know where they are headed.

Understood. But you do realize it isn't Sonore's responsibility to explain updates of other companies software? Their responsibility is to tell you that 2.5 includes those updates.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

16 minutes ago, firedog said:

Understood. But you do realize it isn't Sonore's responsibility to explain updates of other companies software? Their responsibility is to tell you that 2.5 includes those updates.

Whether it is Sonores responsibility or not, they don't even tell me what "other software" has been updated (at least I didn't find any information here or on sonore.us).

If they have incorporated some new code for their apps, they have a version information. This way I can decide if I want to update or not (see my example below).

5916e298bd9af_ScreenShot2017-05-13at12_39_13.thumb.png.322e43ca6fae2c98b1c291556837769a.png

40 minutes ago, andifor said:

I guess, I have a different idea of service / customer support. Fast moving trains are not helpful, if customers don't know where they are headed.

We are always heading to a more stable place....these are just bug fixes.  

On 5/12/2017 at 3:04 AM, firedog said:

Nice try, but that doesn't work. 

It also doesn't see my DAC (mytek 192) and that apparently causes some of the other functions not to work.

I was able to replicate your issue. I'm pretty sure I know what is going on and just need to find a work around. 

6 hours ago, Johnseye said:

2.5 installed successfully and apps updated.  Ping times when idle and active are <1ms as they should be.  Thanks Jesus.

I have a mini connected to a Netgear switch (GS116) and have tried ping times with two configs: mR connected to the router or mR connected to the mini's ethernet port - with the mini connected to the router via a Thunderbolt-Ethernet bridge, and bridging the ethernet connection to it's internal port.

Results of ping from mini:

mR connected to switch:

40 packets transmitted, 40 packets received, 0.0% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 0.302/0.454/0.533/0.051 ms

mR connected to mini directly:
49 packets transmitted, 49 packets received, 0.0% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 0.288/0.365/0.422/0.025 ms

This is all with v2.5.

system pics

10 minutes ago, Tubeburner said:

I like the sound of the new 2.5 Operating System. Now I need the ultraRendu. Email sent.....

I ordered 2.5 a week ago. Have not even received a shipping notification. Jesus says it will arrive when it will arrive. Go figure...

19 minutes ago, thyname said:

I ordered 2.5 a week ago. Have not even received a shipping notification. Jesus says it will arrive when it will arrive. Go figure...

Same boat here. Ordered on the 25th of April.

Computer setup - Roon/Qobuz - PS Audio P5 Regenerator - HIFI Rose 250A Streamer - Emotiva XPA-2 Harbeth P3ESR XD - Rel  R-528 Sub

Comfy Chair - Schitt Jotunheim - Meze Audio Empyrean w/Mitch Barnett's Accurate Sound FilterSet

I'm a complete neophyte when it comes to computer audio yet was able to install 2.5 and have it up and running in 5 minutes, I'm very happy with the results, thank you Jesus! There's a guy on Audiocircle who claims that installing the 2.5 update produced a "phenomenal" improvement in sound quality over 2.3:

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=gbrctigaakra8k1jo23v7o3vu1&topic=150271.msg1607910#new

I'm not sure I hear an improvement but I'll keep listening!

Thanks

Matt

3 hours ago, mttbsh said:

I'm a complete neophyte when it comes to computer audio yet was able to install 2.5 and have it up and running in 5 minutes, I'm very happy with the results, thank you Jesus! There's a guy on Audiocircle who claims that installing the 2.5 update produced a "phenomenal" improvement in sound quality over 2.3:

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=gbrctigaakra8k1jo23v7o3vu1&topic=150271.msg1607910#new

Thanks

Matt

I installed without problems the 2.5 update a week ago. 

Regarding SQ I also hear an improvement over 2.3. The first days it actually felt like it was a burn in

situation with this too. Sounds unlikely as it is a software change but after this week it has opened up more. Midrange is clearer and bass too so I guess and hope what I hear is correct. Would be interesting to know how others experience.

Regards Magnus

Vinnie Rossi LIO integrated amp with DAC, Sotm SMS-200 ultra/TX USB ultra, powered by an Uptone LPS-1 Audiostore Roonserver powered by a  HD plex PS. ASUS router AC 68 powered by a Teddy pardo PS, 

Speakers are standmounts Klångedang T1 with external crossover , Rega Planar 3 Lejonklou Slipsik phonostage

5 hours ago, mttbsh said:

Thanks

Matt

Enjoy and thanks for the link.