IGNORED

Sonicorbiter - The Operating System

Jesus, do you use OpenJDK or Oracle JRE in Sonicorbiter?  Is it different between 2.3 and 2.5?

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

Hi Jesus, 

I have not received my SD card yet.
I did receive the microRendu Software Version 2.5 notification email on April 25 at 11.32 AM (Arizona time) and made payment the same date at 7:13 PM.
Did my SD card make it to be shipped on the first batch or will ship on the second? 
TIA,

JoseL

On ‎8‎-‎5‎-‎2017 at 5:28 PM, lumos said:

I have the exact experience. The unit shows no sign of life with the 2.5 card in, boots normally on 2.3. I have tried this several times. The card seems to seat properly and it certainly clicks into place and stays in and it removes properly after pushing further in. Any other problem solving possible?

Same here, no sign of life with the 2.5 card.

Mine boots up and seemingly works, but Roon doesn't see the RoonReady, LMS doesn't see Squeezelite, and HQP doesn't see the NAA. Hopefully Jeus will be able to straighten it out. (And yes, I've done the "save" bit).

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Mine had no sign of life with the 2.5 card in. Not only could I not ping it, the led on the network adapter did not light up. By my count just on this forum in a week there have been 6 cases like this so I assume that Jesus will get this resolved quickly.

1 hour ago, firedog said:

Mine boots up and seemingly works, but Roon doesn't see the RoonReady, LMS doesn't see Squeezelite, and HQP doesn't see the NAA. Hopefully Jeus will be able to straighten it out. (And yes, I've done the "save" bit).

v2.5 makes Roon see it as a new device. Open the audio setup and enable it. If you had DSP  settings, suggest you save them while in v2.3, then retrieve them once you have enabled the "new" device.

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

On 9.5.2017 at 11:56 PM, m5sime said:

What are the main benefits of DSP in Roon for you guys? I haven't tried it myself yet. My new card hasn't arrived yet (UK)

First of all I use the convolver. I've used room correction for many years and the combination of Roon and RC is beyond nice! (I create filters with Audiolense) In addition the upsampling and parametric equaliser is top quality so I use all of it. Combined with a microRendu, the Mutec MC-3 + USB and a Devialet 250 Pro I have a very nice system to play music on! Sorry about the late response... I did not notice your question until this evening

5 hours ago, vortecjr said:

Update Notice:

RoonReady and NAA have been updated on Sonicorbiter 2.3 and 2.5.

If you have a Sonicorbiter 2.5 that does not boot up and does not have active LEDs on the Ethernet port please contact us via email. 

Those of us on 2.5 only see an "update" to 2.3 on the web page - I'd like to update, but not sure it wouldn't re-install 2.3 :/

microRendu 2017-05-11 22-08-13.png

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

14 hours ago, JoseL said:

Hi Jesus, 

I have not received my SD card yet.
I did receive the microRendu Software Version 2.5 notification email on April 25 at 11.32 AM (Arizona time) and made payment the same date at 7:13 PM.
Did my SD card make it to be shipped on the first batch or will ship on the second? 
TIA,

I'm on the same timeline as you and mine arrived today. Everything went smooth as clockwork - upgraded 2.5, reconfigured Roon and I'm off :)

I too just had a very smooth 2.5 firmware update. I was up and running in just a few minutes.   I was very happy to spend the $20 for this firmware. The PCM to DSD clicks issue alone was worth the cost LOL  so thanks Jesus for making this available to us. 

Ryzen 7 2700 PC Server, NUC7CJYH w. 4G Apacer RAM as Renderer/LPS 1.2 - IsoRegen/LPS-1/.2 - Singxer SU-1/LPS1.2 - Holo Spring Level 3 DAC - LTA MicroZOTL MZ2 - Modwright KWA 150 Signature Amp - Tidal Audio Piano's.  

8 hours ago, vortecjr said:

Update Notice:

RoonReady and NAA have been updated on Sonicorbiter 2.3 and 2.5.

If you have a Sonicorbiter 2.5 that does not boot up and does not have active LEDs on the Ethernet port please contact us via email. 

What email address should we use?

13 hours ago, miguelito said:

v2.5 makes Roon see it as a new device. Open the audio setup and enable it. If you had DSP  settings, suggest you save them while in v2.3, then retrieve them once you have enabled the "new" device.

Nice try, but that doesn't work. 

It also doesn't see my DAC (mytek 192) and that apparently causes some of the other functions not to work.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

30 minutes ago, firedog said:

It also doesn't see my DAC (mytek 192) and that apparently causes some of the other functions not to work.

Yes, the MR needs to see a DAC on it's USB port to behave. Any other USB DAC you could try?

If your MR boots on 2.5 Jesus should be able to fix the problem by logging in to it.

3 hours ago, firedog said:

Nice try, but that doesn't work. 

I tested the Mytek 192 before releasing 2.5 and it was working fine. I'll test it again and let you know. 

5 hours ago, Forehaven said:

I too just had a very smooth 2.5 firmware update. I was up and running in just a few minutes.   I was very happy to spend the $20 for this firmware. The PCM to DSD clicks issue alone was worth the cost LOL  so thanks Jesus for making this available to us. 

:)

5 hours ago, R1200CL said:

I think all of those that have received a bad image, should be allowed to try install the image them self. (Unless it's being solved by TeamViewer). 

Also, we may be told what cause this problem. 

There's always a chance of a bad card. However we have a pretty tight process for verifying the cards and this is actually unlikely. We sent a few new cards just in case and have more feedback now. We should know more soon...

12 hours ago, André Gosselin said:

Jesus,

Really sorry to raise that issue for the nth time, but :

1- Would'nt it be normal and nice to your customers to tell them what this update is all about ? In other words, why are you so opposed to publishing release notes, as most other companies in the software/hardware business do ? What would you loose by doing so ?

2- You seem to assume that all your customers subscribe to the Sonore forum and religiously read all that's in there. Those who do not will  have missed this update notice. I humbly think, and I am sure I am not the only one, that there ought to be a better way to communicate update notices to your customers, on the sonicorbiter.com web page, or by email (assuming of course that you maintain a list of your customers).

Please be sure that I appreciate the effort you put in providing us with a good product like the mrendu. I just do not understand why you do not feel how paying some attention to small details like those would immensely benefit your company.

It would be interesting to see how others feel about that.

Regards (and they are sincere)

This is a fast moving train. Press the update button and get on board or don't and you will be left behind. These updates are bug fixes and an attempt to keep you up to date. If you are looking for details go to the Roon or Signalyst websites.