IGNORED

Sonicorbiter - The Operating System

The envelope containing the update card arrived this week. I installed it yesterday with no issues. "Working as intended" I hope to try some different HiRez and DSD files today.

Thanks!

[Home Digital] MSB Premier DAC > Modright LS300 > Atma-Sphere "Class D" Monoblocks > Daedalus Audio Muse Studio Speakers

[Home Analog] Technics SL-1200G > Boulder 508 (Benz Glider SL)

[Office] Laptop > Kitsune R2R lvl3 > Violectric V281 > Meze Liric / Meze Elite

[Travel] Laptop/iPad -> Focal Bathys

I took my microRendu and LPS-1 out of my system today to do the Sonicorbiter 2.5 upgrade.

The LPS-1 (set to 7v) was quite warm, but what surprised me is the 9v/2A iPower that I use to energize the LPS-1 was as hot if not hotter than the LPS-1.  Is this normal?

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

I used the same setup when I started using the LPS, but I had a couple of failures with this combo so now I use the Meanwell that comes with the LPS instead.This has worked flawless. The iPower was very hot and probably close to it's limits...

On 12/05/2017 at 4:08 AM, jhwalker said:

Those of us on 2.5 only see an "update" to 2.3 on the web page - I'd like to update, but not sure it wouldn't re-install 2.3 :/

microRendu 2017-05-11 22-08-13.png

In answer to this Jesus said 'No worries, press away'

Did you do that? What does it install if you press the update? I received my card just now and it's all installed and says the same thing. Can anyone tell me what happens if you do press the update please?

Thank you

7 minutes ago, Cool3r King said:

In answer to this Jesus said 'No worries, press away'

Did you do that? What does it install if you press the update? I received my card just now and it's all installed and says the same thing. Can anyone tell me what happens if you do press the update please?

Thank you

No worries. It will only install updates to 2.5. BTW, there is a new one this AM.

It updates only things that are newer. So, no worries. I tried, it updated Roon (and only Roon related files) the previous time and still says 2.5.

EDIT: Sonicorbiter 2.5.7 was updated to 2.5.8 when I just checked, and microRendu 1.1-3 to 1.1-4.

Still Current version 2.5, latest version 2.3.

1 hour ago, André Gosselin said:

How were you informed of this update ?

I read about it a few posts above mine.

Sometimes I just hit update on the microRendu, when I am bored, and sometimes you get something new.

5 hours ago, esmit said:

Sonicorbiter 2.5.7 was updated to 2.5.8 when I just checked, and microRendu 1.1-3 to 1.1-4.

Sigh ... OK, Jesus, please tell us what is changed/fixed in this update.  Is there somewhere I can just look this up myself?  Thanks.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

8 hours ago, thyname said:

Can you look into my order too? PayPal 

Transaction ID: 3KS36264W3718341A 

All orders as of 5/13/2017 shipped out last Sat. You should get your cards this week if you are in the US. All other locations may take additional time.    

3 hours ago, rickca said:

Sigh ... OK, Jesus, please tell us what is changed/fixed in this update.  Is there somewhere I can just look this up myself?  Thanks.

I'm not going to post every change we make every time we make one. When I have something important to tell people I will post it here on CA. The plan is to provide the notices on dedicated thread. 

Help!

I received the microSD card today for 2.5. Followed the instructions on the video and accompanying letter that came with it. Powered down on GUI, removed all cables, replaced the card. Plugged everything back, and.... nothing! The microRendu would not power up. Does not show on mysonicorbiter either. The light by the Ethernet plug is off.

switched a different power supply. No results.

waited 10 minutes. Nothing.

at this point, I ran out of ideas. Thoughts? What else can I do?

thanks!

4 minutes ago, thyname said:

Help!

I received the microSD card today for 2.5. Followed the instructions on the video and accompanying letter that came with it. Powered down on GUI, removed all cables, replaced the card. Plugged everything back, and.... nothing! The microRendu would not power up. Does not show on mysonicorbiter either. The light by the Ethernet plug is off.

thanks!

It's a know issue on some units. Just email us.

49 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

The plan is to provide the notices on dedicated thread.

That's a good idea.

11 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

Jesus, @vortecjr it is not the microRendu, it is the microSD card. I switched back to the old card, and it powered up immediately. Everything works fine. Put in the new card, nothing. Back in the old card, works well.

I am relieved that it is not the microRendu!

i will email you shortly 

thanks!

13 hours ago, vortecjr said:

I've got the same problem. I emailed Jesus two days ago, still waiting for a response.

ReadyNAS Ultra/6 stored flac->GigE network->roon->Uptone JS-2->microRendu->W4S Recovery->W4S DAC-2v2 SE>W4S STP-SE STG2 Preamp->W4S ST-1000 Amplifer->Von Schweikert VR-44

17 hours ago, vortecjr said:

That is strange because I have a leave no email behind policy.

Got my email, all set.

ReadyNAS Ultra/6 stored flac->GigE network->roon->Uptone JS-2->microRendu->W4S Recovery->W4S DAC-2v2 SE>W4S STP-SE STG2 Preamp->W4S ST-1000 Amplifer->Von Schweikert VR-44

On 17/05/2017 at 2:04 AM, thyname said:

Help!

thanks!

Hello same from me here. Just received the card, moved through the instruction but nothing starts (no ethernet lights blanking)...if i put back the card of the 2.3, it works perfectly !!!

Any idea ?